Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What is the rationale behind the wiggle buff?

Comments

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,546

I don't think those are comparable, but sure, I wouldn't really mind any of those.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,546

Most players won't make a macro.

BHVR apparently doesn't mind people cheating, so I doubt that would draw their attention either.

I haven't played with it, so I don't really know how it feels, but the likelihood of a Survivor hitting every Great is extremely low.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,602

Yeah, that also. I wonder what kind of threads we get more. Complaints about Boil Over or Slugging.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,352

Hitting Great skill check 100% grant -1sec wiggle, it doesnt really matter.

But New Boil over really needed a nerf with the new buff. 25% penalty for a drop is super abusable.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,188

Just found it odd you are comparing a buff with simular nerfs instead of comparing it with simular buffs.

I honestly also don't really like the out of nowhere buff to wiggle speed.

• KaitsjaKaitsja Member Posts: 557

Why is this an issue? It's one second. I can't count the amount of times I have been hooked at 100% Wiggle because the killer begins the hook animation just as I reach that last 1%. In a way, you could say that makes this insignificant buff fair.

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 807

I would have no problem if this was a buff that required as much skill.

However as you pointed out in your previous post there would have been mechanics to ensure that more skill was required. Especially the argument about the zones for "great" skill-checks hits home with me as this makes the wiggle timer a low risk, high reward mechanic. And these are problematic.

So yes the question is: Why are they buffing survivors?

I have no problem if there are reasons for this buff. However I do not see them. Different mechanic would be fine, different mechanic that rewards skill? Great, I take it.

But where is the punishment if you lack that skill?

• SuzuKRSuzuKR Member Posts: 2,008

??? Because you’re supposed to be hooked in that situation, not wiggle free.

• Marc_123Marc_123 Member Posts: 1,966

I don´t like that everything is becoming a dumb skill check. Wiggle was completely fine.

You don´t need to press very quickly and a slow Stick Rotation is absolutely sufficient.

I can´t believe anyone damages a keyboard or a controller with this. And i don´t think that this is really a lot more accessible at all.

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 3,764

Because it’s irritating as heck when you reach full wiggle progress, get 400 survival points, and still somehow manage to get vacuumed onto the hook. Hoping this solves that.

• NicholasNicholas Member Posts: 1,613

I recently had a hand injury, which made me appreciate accessibility options in games. I had difficulty using my left hand and had to turn on accessibility options in nearly every game I played. These options are so crucial to people, so I fully support them. And if anyone cares, my hand is fully recovered now.

• KurriKurri Member Posts: 1,601

Hold on what accessibility issue is cured by a skill check, that a macro didn't already fix? Same for reducing wear and tear. They've already capped wiggle to 20ms so you can't just use a macro to instantly break free. Though it seems kind of pointless when the fix was already available.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,870

It would have been a killer buff if they didn't adjust the timer, and killers do not need a buff to wiggle mechanics other than maybe less of a penalty for dropping, or more specifically, faster decay when they are slugged.

They need to stop buffing things that already perform well and nerfing things that aren't particularly strong. This is not anything worth complaining about.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,934

First off, to be fair to the original poster, they're not asking about why the devs put in skill checks on Wiggles. I don't think they're upset about that. Nor are they upset about Great skill checks reducing the time, per se. What they are calling a "buff" is that, hypothetically, if you hit every great skill check you will Wiggle out 1 second faster. In other words, the current system has a 16 second timer to escape, and under the new system the time can do down to 15 seconds if you hit every Great skill check. So the question is "why didn't they make that so the average time to escape is still 16 seconds?"

I think the answer to that question is possibly that when you say the survivors are escaping more quickly you're assuming they're hitting Great skill checks and never missing checks entirely. However, at least for new to average players, the chances of missing some Good skill checks are non-negligable. For them this change is actually a nerf, it will be harder for them to escape in 16 seconds hitting skill checks than it is to escape under the current system by just hitting alternating keys rapidly or wiggling the joystick. It's only potentially a buff for people who can consistently reliably hit Great skill checks which is probably a minority of the player base.

In other words it might be a very slight buff to a small subset of the playerbase, but for most it's either no impact at all (assuming they hit Good checks reliably but not Great ones) or it's a nerf (if they have trouble hitting Good checks consistently.)

• CarthCarth Member Posts: 384

Im honestly surprised this same buff didn't make its way to second hook state. Hit a great and pause the timer for x seconds! It's a silly buff that shouldn't happen. Add the skill checks to improve the accessibility for sure, but remove the greats or at least be consistent(some skill checks have greats and some don't just cause!).

• Marc_123Marc_123 Member Posts: 1,966
    edited January 17

If you want to make a real accessibility feature you make an option to wiggle with only holding a button down. That would really help.

• TrickstaaaaaTrickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,252

Don't really mind it, since it will saves console users analog sticks. And plus us who can't hit the wiggle buttons consistently on keyboards.