Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What is the rationale behind the wiggle buff?

Comments

• drakolyrdrakolyr Member Posts: 100

Okay there are multiple answers to that:

1. It was changed because of Accessibility. Also needless to say, that the wiggle often didnt work as intended, when the button didnt registred at all.
    2. I feel on some maps the hooks are way to close to each other. Litterly 2 meters. So in my opinion, thats a reason for the rationality.
    3. Without the 1 sec, the skillcheck would be pointless for the sake of skill. Also you need to hit EVERY great skillcheck to get the full potential, did you saw how fast the wiggle Skillcheck is? I think its about hitting 12 or more Great Skillchecks fast.

Also its not about % its about 1 sec. Shouldnt compare %.

• FreakPrinceFreakPrince Member Posts: 466

Just do bones

• kate_best_girlkate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,153

Honestly I see it as a cured solution. How many times has the killer been greedy and your wiggle meter hits that 100% mark right when they hook you because they wanted a basement hook or played bad and passed by 2 closer hooks? I see it as punishing bad/greedy players while rewarding those who play well and can actually hit all the great skill checks. I've always wanted a 1 second reduction to wiggle timers and this is an even better solution.

I think this is a HUGE overdramatization. Its not hard to get a survivor to a hook unless its a squad dedicating themselves to always saboing and being around the killer.

Imma switch mostly killer main and while I do agree this buff shouldn't have gone live at the current state of DBD, it should've happened in the future no matter what.

Oh yeah so advantageous when you go to a hook closer to an exit gate and further from a 3 gen because you didn't look behind you

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,885

Rofl... This game, bro. On behalf of all killer mains, I apologize.

• MassquwattMassquwatt Member Posts: 263

Like many people the skillchecks are for accessibility which is completely fine and should be encouraged but I don't understand the great skillchecks at all. Even if it only shaves a second off wiggling it's still going to encourage people to make macros for the game and get all sweaty and tryhard which is gonna be annoying to say the very least.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,295

I've been begging for wiggle changes for a while. Not here, just mentally lol.

I dont see why it needed the 1 second buff, though. Second Stage has no greats so why does this need one?

I dont even think the 1 second buff will even be worth talking about, it's just a matter of principle I suppose.

• BenihimeWrathBenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

Because survivors need breakout value

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 1,293

Nah, keep great skill checks so survivors can get more survival points. An easier way to get survival points has been long awaited. Just remove the buffed progress.

• drsoontmdrsoontm Member Posts: 1,280

If they want to keep it interesting, they can simply make it so that hitting an arbitrary number of great skill checks will make the wiggle as fast as the current method done perfectly.

The devs will only stop when the game will be buried. I suspect soon they'll "fix" Blight & Nurse so no killer will stand a chance and the game will join Death Garden in the crypt of unbalanced games abandoned by its players (There the killers were the OP side that the devs kept buffing.).

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,494
    edited January 17

Killer was a joke when i played DG. That was when you could stun spam them though, so i didn't bother going back after that experience.

• NicholasNicholas Member Posts: 1,613

Yeah, that's fine, I just think accessibility options are a great thing because of my experience with my hand injury. I can understand and appreciate the desire to have it. Whether or not the small buff if you hit greats is fair, I have no idea.

• CrashMADDS13CrashMADDS13 Member Posts: 302

Obviously referring to the speed buff, not the accessibility change 😑

• TeabaggingGhostfaceTeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 1,605

I personally think that the great skillchecks in the wiggle should be removed

• BardonBardon Member Posts: 514

The sad thing is, there's an easy, smart way to resolve this entirely but BHVR doesn't seem to consider their own changes!

Instead of the Skill-check changes to Wiggle and the 6% buff for Survivors if they hit all Great skillchecks, why not this?

Have Wiggle be one of the actions that can use the brand-new optional Toggle mode.

Survivors with accessibility issues? Select Toggle mode and you can wiggle as well as anyone else without hassle - Win!

Survivors who like the oldschool wiggle? Leave the optional setting as "Classic" - Win!

Killers who won't see any difference whatsoever and don't face an unnecessary nerf? - Win!

BHVR gets to demonstrate that they can accommodate those with accessibility issues without changing game balance - Win!

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,494

The funny thing is they messed with hook spawns in the previous patch. Remember the posts appearing on this forum talking about the lack of hooks and maps with dead zones after using a single hook or just not being able to reach any? People have gotten use to it now, but they did spread the hooks out further in preparation for the wiggle buffs.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,631

You think?

We'll see after the patch goes live.

Boon: Exponential will see more action.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,417

If 1 second is insignificant then why add it?

Anyone who says 1 second won't help never screamed, the bar is at 99.999% [wiggle], as the killer hooked them. All those post from a few years ago about "hook vacuum" were clearly from survivors at 50% wiggle. 🙄

Sure some maps have close hooks but some map you can barely reach a hook before a survivor wiggles free. RPD, Haddonfun, and some instances of Midwitch for example.

Bottom line denying killers hooks will incentivise slugging and bleedout. Survivors wiggling out should only occur if other survivors get involve by block/perks or the killer gets greedy with their hooks.

BHVR can make wiggling have skill checks without decreasing the time killer have to hook. They didn't extend hook struggle time with great skillchecks, why do it here?

• BlackRabiesBlackRabies Member Posts: 488

Be lot better to just click a button than smashing and alternate between 2 button.