Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Farming killer...

2»

Comments

• RamondiolaRamondiola Member Posts: 26

I'm all in for farming. I'll play the game normally but if I see the killer acting wierd, I'll throw my self into their arms, they'll either farm or hook me and whichever is ok to me. If they decide to farm I'll get a chill game and some nice bp, if they decide to play normally I'll follow then and play the game too.

Same as killer. I'll try and get my hooks or kills unless someome makes me know he/she wants to farm.

I don't mind throwing the game to relax and chill with the other team.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,705

If I am farming, I am farming. They can do gens or DC if they want out. It is not any of my business.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,455

I have two different main builds I run on survivor: either Windows of Opportunity, Borrowed Time, Empathy, and WGLF; or, Windows of Opportunity, Borrowed Time, Circle of Healing, and Shadow Step. I wish getting stacks on WGLF were more consistent. Some matches are full of daring hook rescues and taking protection hits and then other matches I'm the gen jockey and I stare wistfully at WGLF wishing for even a single stack. Not to ignore the faster pick-up speed, which doesn't get enough credit for how incredibly handy it can be.

As much as I'd love to have another competent teammate to play with, I wouldn't be able to. Between social anxiety and life in general, I'm that person who always says "maybe tomorrow." 😬 But here, I'll be funny about it and say I'm just too lazy to re-enable friend requests on my PSN account. (Salty players can't contact me at all, it must drive them nuts. lol)

I like keeping my MMR low, so letting survivors escape is my preferred way to end a match. Not that it necessarily matters, the skill of the survivors in my lobbies is often extremely random.

Sometimes survivors will realize I'm friendly, but most either don't notice or don't trust it. I can't really blame them.

• BenihimeWrathBenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

Honestly, despite many accusations, its because I don't want to 'smurf' I feel like I should get baby players as a last resort if I can help it.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,455

Oh man, I'd so prefer not to get absolute babies. Babies are difficult to play with because they're too afraid to touch gens or be useful, they spend most of their time hiding, those matches are boring. Survivors who aren't so good that they're untouchable but are skilled enough that they get the gens done in a timely manner, that's what I want. Being able to play nice without totally holding back. Before SBMM, with visible rankings, there was a sweet spot where you could figure out your skill level and where you'd have the most fun and stay there. I miss that.

• I_am_NeganI_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,122

How original 😀 copycat

Get better material you're saying the same ######### 500,000 others have said before.

• CryptFriendCryptFriend Member Posts: 416

You say this, but low-key Farming Simulator has no right to be as fun as it is. Cursed game, 10/10

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 806

I do not like farming that much. I rather play a chilled round where the Killer does their best and does not camp or tunnel. Most times they yield a much better BP result either way.

The only time I do not mind is when I have a quest that sucks. Then I take the farming to finish that quest.

As a Killer it is the same: I dislike farming. I slap one the cake and then go into the match. As long as survivors do not play the 4-minutes-game and just run away the results are quit good for me.

To cut it short: I dislike farming. Normal games without camping, tunneling and without finishing the game to quickly are much better.

• Fnatic47Fnatic47 Member Posts: 297

@MandyTalk If i report someone in my PS4 for farming is that punishful ?! And if is punishful do you guys really do something about it ? Because i lost count how many times i reported players for bodyblocking, farming and taking game hostage... And seems nothing happens... Its like the report system is there just for view nothing more...

• Fnatic47Fnatic47 Member Posts: 297

I still wondering if the " Report System " on consoles really work... 🤨

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,307

I like to earn BP through a normal game, where everyone has a chance to play, instead of tunneled out or gen rushed.

If I faced a Killer who wants to farm, I would cleanse all totems I found, had myself hooked for other to unhook, then I make 1-2 unhook and escape. I rather earn 20.000 in ~12min then go for another game, than 32.000 in 30min.

Beside, let me sneaky put in Killer farmer art here.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,118

Farming is not a valid reason to report someone unless they hold you hostage and prevent you from exiting the match (such as slugging you and having the other survivors heal you ad infinitum, or the other survivors sandbagging you whenever you try to run away.) If the killer kills you because you don't want to farm, or you do gens and leave, those are acceptable outcomes.

Bodyblocking isn't a reason to report someone either unless they've trapped you into a corner and won't let you leave in a situation where the game cannot end naturally. Bodyblocking to get an easy M2 hit, bodyblocking the killer at a hook, the killer bodyblocking someone until the end of endgame collapse (though if a survivor is doing this to another survivor, it's sandbagging and can be reported that way), or bodyblocking someone for a funny moment that lasts 10 seconds aren't report-worthy circumstances.

Though I do agree the report system isn't very effective.