Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is "wishing death" reportable/bannable?

2»

Comments

• ohheyitsbobcatohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,223

I find that very hard to believe. Sony is pretty quick on banning or at least deleting messages even with simple swears in them. I met a guy back in dark souls 3 who would invade people, message them after and try to get them to swear or say something stupid just so he could report them and get them banned for a bit of extra lol's.

I've also reported a guy as a joke for calling me a little piece ######### with a few other choice words and the message got moderated within a few minutes. No idea if he got banned but they do at least delete the messages. I've also talked with a few people who've gotten banned for 24hrs just for simple swears as well.

If what you're saying is true then you most have gotten the only bot or person in Sony that's lenient on that.

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,077

To be honest I had heard similar reports about Sony being quick to ban. So I am sure you can imagine that I was rather shocked when they said there was nothing wrong with being told to kill myself. Which obviously should be taken more seriously than simply saying a naughty word.

Such as 'knickers'.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 18,372

I think we're pretty clear in the rules with regards to death wishes etc so I don't feel that it's something that needs to be explained again - for those that are interested, the Game Rules and the correct way to report a player are HERE . If an in-game report is not made, we are unable to take any action on the offender, the report flags the match so that we can be sure that it actually happened, and that we can see the chat logs (for chat offences obviously). We make this very clear in the rules that we post.

Consoles have their own system for reporting chat offences as we do not have in-game chat for consoles so what happens and what action is taken is purely down to that platform and that is out of our control. If you are a console player and find yourself getting harassed in this manner, please report directly to the platform that you are playing from.

This discussion has been closed.