Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Are Killer mains Actually dropping out?

Comments

• Ghouled_MojoGhouled_Mojo Member Posts: 1,845

I used to play 6 or 7 rounds a night as killer and much more on weekends but I might once or twice now and that’s for both sides.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,967

That is only a scare tactic. Survivors are dropping way more than killers. Game is simply not fun for the survivor side because of lack of options. The truth is, if you are not on a team that are like gods, the killer will win. That doesn't fun to me.

That could be a server matchmaking problem. Even if there was a lack of killers it doesn't mean it is a weak role.

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,292

You get people who constantly claim that they somehow have instant survivor queues yet long killer queues. I have no clue if they are lying, or if it's just something to do with region or something.

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,897

well, I've been trying to, but really I think it would be better just to get some actual statistics from the devs on the matter, especially concerning whether or not killers are actually dropping off or changing sides more than survivors. I think that would ease people's minds over it if we all knew where the game stands as far as the drop rate is going, and whether or not SBMM is to blame, or any of the other changes made through the updates these past few months.

• El_GingeroEl_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

I’m sure some of the posts are out of frustration but people do quit games all the time and it’s clear that many killers are unhappy.

• Fnatic47Fnatic47 Member Posts: 357

"so please stop trying to derail this conversation with your biased diatribe, and either actually get on board or get out."

Not getting on board with the "killer is weak and powerless". It could be getting old hearing how weak killers are when in fact they are overpowered in regular matches. I will say this again in a respectable manner: "Killers are not supposed to win every single game"

If killer mains played well, they would win an overwhelming majority of the time. It's been proven countless times.

I'm not saying that the killers aren't unhappy with what's been going on with the game these past few months, but I would like to see statistics that support or defeat the claim that killers are dropping out in droves, so that we all know where the devs are focusing their attention to fix the issue. Wouldn't you?

There isn't a new one that I know of, do you know of one released in the last dev updates that I missed? Either way, whether we have one or not, I'd still like to see it.

This hasn't been about how strong or weak either side claims to be, and has always been about whether or not the claims on these forums and reddit, regarding the killers drop rate, are true. All I'm interested in is getting those statistics from the devs, so that we all will have a better understanding of why people have been dropping the game these past few months and if there is any disparity between the roles.

Don't try to make this about whether "Killers are not supposed to win every game" or not. The whole reason I brought up the kill rate statistics, was to prove that 50% of the survivors are ranking up in SBMM faster than the killers, which is likely causing SBMM to have a harder time finding killers of similar level in the higher SBMM tiers, resulting in longer queue times for half of the survivor player base.

Again, get on board with the conversation, stop trying to derail it from the topic to express your own hatred towards the killer role, and play your infamous "victim" card, or get out. Respectfully, it's not funny anymore, so please knock it off.

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,292

It does, but I'd like to know what region this is where people have instant survivor queues. I've seen some state it's at all hours, and that just doesn't make much sense.

My survivor queues at the "good hours for survivor queues" are also noticably longer than they were 6 months ago. Went from 5 second waits at 4 am to near a minute.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,043

I haven't quit but I play an absolutely tiny fraction of the amount I used to. I used to love killer but it's such a drag these days. Every match feels like the exact same match over and over, every survivor runs the exact same perks and thinks they're a god at the game for standing behind a pallet.

I boot up the game and it's like 50/50 if I even launch a match, and if I do it'll probably be the only one of the night.

Makes sense, Again I can sympathize with that sentiment, and the last 6 months of 2021 were rough. A bugged out RE chapter Release, DDOS attacks, Hackers gaining in number, NFT drama, SBMM going online, the introduction of Boons, buffs and nerfs all around etc, honestly the game has lost a lot of it's fun over the course of last year, and Not even the release of Pinhead could save it from hemorrhaging players. All I want to know is

1. Are killers really dropping out/swtiching sides more than the survivors.
    2. Is it SBMM, a recent update, introduction of new mechanics, hackers, or something else to blame for the drop off.
    3. What are the devs planning or doing about it.

I would think at this point we could all use some reassurances paired with some transparency from the devs.

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 5,323

I dunno. All I know is that I get instant surv q's during the day and instant killer q's during the night still.

When reversed, both take long.

I understand killer being more stressful to play tho, so I wouldn't be surprised.

edited January 19

Currently survivors already do outnumber killers, but that's typical for an asymmetrical game, the questions are "By how much", and "what is being done to fix it, if the disparity is to high currently." I feel a little transparency from the devs would be much appreciated by everyone, as it would point out where they are focusing their attention in order to keep the game alive. Honestly, your evidence there does have me concerned that what the forum posters and redditors are saying about the killer drop rate is actually true, but I don't really believe it. I'm betting that if they do give us the statistics I'm requesting, we'll see little or no difference between the killer and survivor drop rates, but again, we won't know if they aren't willing to confirm what's going on.

Also please don't feed @Sluzzy , I've already called them out for trying to derail this conversation to one debating who the power role is, and unfortunately you're falling for it. @Sluzzy loves Playing the "victim" card from the survivor side (just read any of their posts), and while their zealotry's often regarded as comical by the community, it has no place in this discussion, which has nothing to do with which role is the "weak" or "unfun" one to play, and everything to do with whether killers are actually dropping the game more than survivors, and why.

If it turns out that killers ARE dropping BECAUSE they feel too weak against survivors, then this conversation can change, but unless the goal of this post is reached and acknowledged by the devs showing us the requested statistics, we'll never really know.

Post edited by TWiXT on
  • KurriKurri Member Posts: 1,599

There's actually a lot going into the longer que times, and players leaving the game is apart of it (a big part of it).

It's one killer for every 4 survivors, so there could be a smaller amount of killers, and survivors would still find games quickly, because one player takes 4 players out of waiting in que. However the amount of killer players is dropping, leaving there not even enough killers queuing the same time as survivors, resulting in longer wait times till a killer gets out of game to then take the next 4 waiting in line.

This gets worse with solo survivors leaving, so parties for 3 take even longer to find a game.

Parties of 2 rely on finding other parties of 2 for their game. Not much changes there other than the fact that less players means less pool, and big differences in MMR.

4 man SWF is the same, they can find ques faster, but they don't because of just how broken the MMR system is on a Kill/Escape win condition.

That adds into longer que times, is the fact it is a lot easier to gain MMR as Killer, even if you do poorly or don't have fun. You are going to get 1-3 kills more often - resulting your MMR to barely go down, stay the same, or go up considerably. So we have a majority of killers with high MMR and a majority of survivors getting low MMR, making a large margin of players unable to find killers to face, a small margin of survivors having trouble finding other players to join their lobbies and killers who have to face the best, and SWF before they finally dip and take a break from the game.

The current work around is to add a decaying MMR to Killers, so that when you reach a point that you are no longer having fun with one Killer, you can switch to another Killer with a slightly less MMR (because all your Killers MMR is based off your highest MMR, but not as high) - allowing the MMR to decay on your previous Killer. Also your Killers MMR will decay when you take a break from Killer to play Survivor. Also your MMR will decay when you take a break from the game. This will result in returning players having more fun, and playing longer - instead of just coming back, play a few games - see nothings changed and then going immediately onto another break. It is a band aid fix, but it's a pretty good one until they fix the MMR system and fun for the Killer role.

TL;DR there is a lot more to the higher que times for survivor, but players leaving the game doesn't help.

• KurriKurri Member Posts: 1,599

Oh that's apart of it too. In addition to the other things I've mentioned in my comment. Players that are quitting Killer to only play survivor adds even more survivors to the survivors pool, creating as if an even longer line.