Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Buff Pinhead

NemmyMan3000NemmyMan3000 Member Posts: 104
edited January 19 in Feedback and Suggestions

Pinhead could easily be A tier but he is literally high C tier due to his chains just dissapearing when he runs through them. His power is already pretty difficult to hit people with but when we do hit them we barely get value from it. It breaks when he walks through it, it breaks when other survivors walk through it, plus the environment breaks it.

Buff it to where he cant break his own chains whwn he walks through them and only allow a survivor to break one chain when they try to help another survivor from chains.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• legrosporc69legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250

He got nerf recently so why would he get any buff

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,053

While I have compassion for the difficulties that killers face, I hope Mr Baldy doesn't get a buff until after they improve matchmaking. I only play solo and let me tell you, Mr Baldy is a solo crusher. Everyone is too afraid to do the box and no one knows how to loop him.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,705

Then do box duty yourself? I have no problems with him as solo because I take the initiative. Do not get me wrong, sometimes you are tunneled or the timer comes when you are not in position. That feels bad when your teammates literally ignore his counterplay. But I would never ask for him to be balanced around those situations...

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 1,125

I would love for his chains to auto aim, once you set up a portal. You would lose out on your scouting tool, but you could keep up the chase, instead of stopping dead in your tracks to try for a skill shot that will make you just barely gain distance in most situations, while a failed skill shot punishes you so hard, even Pinhead winces.

The mechanic is already in the game: during a chain hunt multiple portals start appearing and auto aiming at the survivors, who can even evade them, but this would be such a QoL buff for his power and chase. But I know that this is a rather unpopular opinion.

But box duty is scary and I prefer to be near my bush brethren.

In all seriousness, even though I'm bad at looping, I go for it every chance I can, but more often than not, I'm being chased or rescuing someone while my teammates wont get off the damn gen to solve it.

I'm not asking him to be balanced around those situations, I just want his buff to be delayed a little, that's all. I'm being selfish, I know.

• konchokkonchok Member Posts: 1,500

I feel that PinHead is a pretty fair killer all around. I would definitely say that Ghostface and Legion are in a higher priority for buffs over PinHead.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,270

People don't do boxes because pinheads typically mash teleport

But the whole team dying at 5 gens is A Ok because at least that bald weirdo didnt get to teleport to anybody

I am super terrible at looping myself and prefere the super bold stealth approach, having seen myself how effective this sometimes can be, ie just crouching behind the killer or just behind a corner and confuse the poor killer how you could vanish in thin air.

That being said, when I loop I 100% mess up in a short amount of time, but I got the feeling that I am getting better an better at it. Having smacked countless survivors and seeing all their tricks helps a lot, its still quite hard to translate that into my own gameplay, while panicking with a 350lbs muscle monster on my heels, hellbend on crushing all my hope.

Yea, I prefer the stealth approach best as well. It's super satisfying when I'm in a chase, get behind a few LOS blockers and lose the killer. That being said, with how maps are these days, it's not super difficult to waste the killers time. Just keep an eye out for them or run Spine Chill and the second you see them coming, head towards a pallet. Try to stun them or pre-drop it when they get close and run to the next one. I can usually buy two gens worth of time at the start of the match when I do this.

Yeah ... there are just so frigging many pallets these days. Nearly every map seems to be situated right next to a pallet factory. I don`t mind the pallets as a gameplay element per so, but there are just so many of them, its rather tiresome. You cant loop anyone for 15s without them smacking a pallet in your face at the next corner, while running over to the next loop.

• SuzuKRSuzuKR Member Posts: 2,008

He needs to not break his own chains.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,307

If anything, I would keep his M2 power and buff the Box. But Solo should able to tell whos getting the box.

Long game is a fun game, not short chase.