Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Attention Steam and EGS players: a quick hotfix will be going live today at 11AM ET to address file validation reliability. Thank you for your understanding!

Why is toy sword for twins getting nerfed

Comments

• gammatsunamigammatsunami Member Posts: 545

because they dont know what theyre doing

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,292

I've said it several times. This is why they need to stop trying to use statistics as their end all be all, because their understanding of statistics is about on par with a 75 year old grandma on facebook. They look at the numbers and just make a blanket "must be op/weak!" off of that. They never do one of the most important things, which you mention in the first sentence. WHY is it like that. They don't ever ask "why?" they just seem to operate on an almost robotic "OP or not OP" scale based on usage. They do not at all try to understand why the numbers show what they show.

This games balance is an example of why using statistics when you don't understand them can be extremely harmful.

• BardonBardon Member Posts: 514

It's taken approximately 3 years for them to fix those bugs (if indeed they're all fixed - we won't really be able to tell until it's live).

• DstorvDstorv Member Posts: 40

oh boy you have no idea of how important those 0.5s are...

• AnneBonnyAnneBonny Member Posts: 1,538

you don't need to fix twins if nobody plays twins

• RathoricRathoric Member Posts: 566

The rate that they're going, i would just give Charlotte a power rework with possible secondary power and create new addons around that.

Think i'd much rather have a rework where Charlotte and Victor work in sync like Ferra / Torr do from MK X.

• jokere98jokere98 Member Posts: 618

3 there is a q&a where they made a comment they were gonna change the doctor because they hated to play against them 🤷🏼‍♂️

what Q&A was that? Really curious to read/hear it

• TruffleTurtleTruffleTurtle Member Posts: 615

Not saying this is factual but I believe they said something about that around the time they reworked doctor.

• MazoobiMazoobi Member Posts: 1,011

To highlight their lack of interest toward the Twins.

• GloamGloam Member Posts: 250

Because for some reason bhvr thinks taking 0.05 off toy sword will mean people will finally use sewer sludge an add-on that is actively detrimental to you.

Instead of asking what is happening bhvr really needs to start asking why is something happening but who knows if that will ever happen.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 3,807

Its a nerf of 0,5 sec, dont need to exaggurate. Its not like Twins is going to be unplayeble.

Also I am currently playing a lot of twins without the addon to test it out and I dont struggle at all, I dont even feel a big difference tbh.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,185

If that was the case i would agree with you.

It isn't though. It's 0.05 seconds.

If they shadownerfed it nobody would see the difference

• Guest1567432Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Because the "Stats" told the balance devs that addon is "overused" so it gets a nerf.

This why it's important to actually look at the numbers and not blindly at procentages.

Removing 20% of BT means 3 seconds less, that 12m of distance the survivor can make less.

The toy sword nerf is 0.2m...

Try buffing Lickers tongue from nemesis 20%. It still won't do anything

Chances are that if you play twins exactly the same as before and don't pay attention to the progress bar you won't feel the nerf cause the act of clicking M1 takes longer then 0.05 seconds

• legrosporc69legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250

Its the same losing that 0.05 can be the difference between getting validated or not or just hitting a survivor who run around a rock or tree.

The only reason the number are bigger in my example its because BT is 12 second instead of 0.25. The perk getting nerf by 20% can make the difference between the survivor making it to the pallet or not.

I have to ask.

Did you actually play the ptb to see how much difference it makes? Or are you just assuming it does?

• Dennis_van_eijkDennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,512

Not sure what day or month it was tho.

But it was after the changed either spirit or nurse.

1 of the devs said "now we have changed her i was thinking, who else do i hate to play against"

So you'll have to dig a bit to find it but trust, it is there.

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,922

Let's not with the bhvr bias, we all know their only bias is toward themselves, if it's gon a be an us vs them why don't we make it a player vs developers since bhvr has no idea what they're doing.

• Lat0Lat0 Member Posts: 92
    edited January 20

Because someone at the BHVR office got killed by a sweaty Twins and cried like a baby for nerfs.

This kind of situation also happens in popular games like LoL. The person in charge of the balance team is a mage main player and that explains why mages are so broken there. Now veterans of the game call it League of Oneshot

Life is unfair my friend

• kate_best_girlkate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,149

Crying…I’m still gonna try to main twins because they’re so fun but :(

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,643

Why it was nerfed? It was clearly OP or BHVR just thought it was a good idea. I'm not sure lmao

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,870

Because it was obscenely broken and utterly overpowered. I cant believe it took this long to tweak that busted add on.

• LabracLabrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

The nerf was only 0,05 seconds, it will barely make a difference. I'm pretty sure these last changes are just BHVR telling "hey, Twins players? We ######### hate you. Uninstall"

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 807

I am not sure but...I think this here is the best option:

They have a problem with Twins in that they are not fun to play as or to play against. Most people dislike them for one reason or the other. Killerwise Twins are clunky and you can grab yourself a coffee after downing a survivor with Viktor, then clean the kitchen after the second down and play a game of chess or two and then come back for your switch between Charlotte and Viktor. Survivor wise you are on the ground and can hold M1 to recover while waiting for Charlotte to slowly walk across the map on Red Forest to pick you and your teammate up. If you do not have Boon: Exponential or more common UnbreakaBill it is now you turn to find something while waiting for the pick up...

While their design is pretty cool, the fact that these tons of delays exist make them hell for the game. Now until they fix them, they nerf them into the ground so that people play less against them, get hit less and never get to see the flaws...