Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The way BHVR nerfed CoH

beatddbbeatddb Member Posts: 565

Finally, CoH has been "nerfed". Or was it, really? now it takes an extra 4 seconds to self-heal, and extra 2 seconds to heal someone.

Yes, BHVR nerf to a perk that has been problematic since it was in beta was to add 4 seconds to it. No mention on cooldown to the survivor running it, no multi-floor limits, no token requirement, no permanent totem break after X uses, no. Just 4 seconds.

At this rate, I don't think BHVR will ever make DbD enjoyable for both sides. It sounds dramatic but it's clear they know little about what to do with the perks. I mean, they buffed Boil Over to add 25% wiggle bar after falling, did no one at BHVR stopped to think "Hmmm, maybe this is abusable in some maps, like in thompson house where survivors can go to the 2nd floor and prevent being hooked" clearly they don't.

I wonder what the future of Dbd will be when more devs take the chance at asym horror games.

Comments

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 3,970

I honestly don't think this will change its place in the meta in the slightest, and dealing with constant boon uptime is still going to be equally frustrating for the killer.

4 seconds doesn't change the fact that every survivor heals rapidly without aid, and it doesn't address any issues with the time dynamic of boons in general, or the ridiculous range they cover.

Personally if I reworked the perk, I'd rather they change it to remove self-healing, and instead show the aura of any injured survivors in range of the boon to all other survivors.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,303

i doubt that nerf is going to change much tbh.

the healing speed increase should just be taken out entirely. Its strong enough to have a perk that lets everyone get a neverending medkit within the boons range, we dont need to further boost healing speed on top of that.

and if they are so scared because of perk tiers, make it so lvl 1 and 2 of the Perk heal you slower than normal. idk, make lvl 1 heal you at 50% the normal healing rate (equal to current selfcare, but for everyone and on a boon), lvl 2 at 75% the normal healing rate and lvl 3 at 100% of the normal healing rate (so if im not mistaken, that would be 24/20/16 seconds to heal)

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,440

You missed the part that CoH wasn't even strong to begin with. They nerf the weak and buff the strong.

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 4,926
    edited January 20

I think the issue with COH is trying to nerf it without making it a SWF only perk, if you remove the self-care part, it would only help SWF, who can communicate "Heal me at the Boon."

Though nerfing boons to make kicking a boon destroy the totem would make sense.

• BlackRabiesBlackRabies Member Posts: 499

So what the time difference now between nerfed CoH and self care? W/O any anything messing with the time like sloppy, mid kits, ect.

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 4,926

25% is NOT MUCH when it's 4 seconds against an infinite-self-care Boon.

You said it around here.

Again, I do think that the issue addressed with COH is not the main issue, but at least they did something instead of leaving it for a couple years before giving it a buff (see dead hard)

• nicnc82nicnc82 Member Posts: 342

I really doubt boil over is going to be released as it was in the ptb

• Harold_ShipmanHarold_Shipman Member Posts: 728

COH didnt need nerfing, it needed changing.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,326

In just one word "Pointless" just like what they plan to do with leatherface mask. It won't solve anything.

• OiryOiry Member Posts: 189

I do COH needs either a more significant nerf, or a complete rework, BUT:

I am glad they did acknowledge the problem

They acknowledged the problem by actually implementing a nerf into the game. I did not expect a quick action like that. This feels good.

I do still think they have to nerf it in a more significant way. I hope they know it, too.

• sadakiyosadakiyo Member Posts: 270

yeah coh is the fourth perk for you and the fifth one for your other teammates. 4 secs won't change anything.