Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Playing survivor on Gideon Meat Plant takes no skill.

Every single upstairs room has a safe pallet right next to a generator. God pallets down stairs. This map is garbage.

Playing killer on this map is atrocious. You literally cannot down competent survivors or mind game them at all in any sort of timely fashion. You stop chasing one guy and find someone else working on a gen and they immediately have a safe area to run to before you can even land a hit. I had 4 survivors all around me at the same time in one game. In front, to the left, to the right and behind me. All 4 of them had a safe pallet within 5-10 meters of them, upstairs.

On the opposite side I played survivor and had a doctor chase me 3 or 4 times and drop chase each time because I just had safe pallet after safe pallet to run to. He was hitting me with his shock and it didn't even matter as the loops are to long! At the end of the game he was standing at the exit gate just staring at me looking completely defeated. I went back in and gave him a kill because I know how it feels. Trash map, trash design. The number of pallets needs to be reduced. Don't give me that "but there's no windows" BS. Lack of windows does not mean a map needs a handful of god pallets and loops that are not mindgameable.

Comments

• AdvorsusAdvorsus Member Posts: 883

I kinda agree that the pallets are a bit much. Love the aesthetic though.

But I've played a match where a survivor would run to a pallet, stay there until I started to break it and then run to the next one and just kept repeating that all match. The gens got done and the exit Gates powered and they still had pallets left. That's a bit much. To break pallets for an entire match and still have more to break? Not including breakable walls. Keep the aesthetic, lose SOME of the pallets, and it'll be fine.

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,935

Lmao true, it also doesn't even need them to be good just be able to realize, hey throw the pallet after maybe one loop if it's safe and you will waste more than enough time from any killer/build that doesn't specialize in taking care of pallets you're screwed.

• Grandpa_Crack_PipeGrandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 2,517

It'd be cool if they cut the pallets in half and added some windows so it's like an actual map.

• Sally_S_gay_sonSally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 109

I think it's not that bad for everyone

Huntress and Trickster can hit you over the pallets

Demo and Bubba can shred trought the pallets super fast and catch up

maybe even Billy since the map does not have windows and there are some dead zones where he can easily insta down you

Nemesis will hit you with his tentacle over the pallet no matter what as that hitbox is is the worst thing in the game

Artist can zone you

Blight is Blight and if you know what you are doing you will catch up before they make it to a loop

And as a Nurse player I adore The Game lol nothing feels better than using nurses and blinking on someone healing on the other floor

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 6,416

I've run into SO many dead ends on the Game map as survivor. I hated it for both sides before rework and I hate it even more after the rework.

• SepexSepex Member Posts: 1,169

I get this map quite often randomly as Killer as well.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,995

And yet they never take me here. I guess maybe because there are another dozen maps they prefer... Sad.

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 815

Gideon is a very...interesting map.

Playing Oni here against cocky survivors can be fun as and example. They still take their first hit and drop blood all over the place. I can absorb downstairs blood upstairs and with my power I shred pallets...dashing can be pretty impossible thou especially on the low loops.

Playing Ghostface is a 50/50. Downstairs i am pretty good. Sneaking up is easy, stalking (unless Spine Chill calls) is doable and so I can get downs. Upstairs I am a M1 knife man with sometimes no terror radius.

I like this map. Good looking, has the feeling and overall pretty interesting with its holes and loops. The safe pallets are needed for survivors however to not go down to quickly and I think they should just make them more playable overall. More points like the low fences on HaddonFun where you can hit a survivor over the fence would help...