Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The Q&A was good

legrosporc69legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250

The Q&A was really good they touch some good point. So they did a good job i think this was one of their best stream in a long time anyway in recent memory.

The fact that BT basekit may become a possibility in the future is god damn scary. They are looking at the game delay perk too and with how hard they nerf perk on the killer side im kinda scare. I know they are going to do the same on the survivor side but unless they MoM them they are still going to be over performing i assume.

For me that Q&A was a win for the people who love this game and play this game like its a religion but for me the second Pokemon, Dying light 2 and Elden ring get release this game will be dead for a long time. Because its not enough and its going to take too much time for some good thing too happen in the game.

Comments

• TheShapesMixtapeTheShapesMixtape Member Posts: 3,201

I was satisfied with it. I've felt very pessimistic about this game as of late but them acknowledging the cheater and performance issues gives me hope.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,184

I agree, i was pleased with it.

Wouldn't focus to much on BT basekit. That's not what they said.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,924

The devil is entirely in the details. If they just made Borrowed Time base kit with no other changes that would probably be terrible, it would just be giving all the survivors a fifth perk essentially. However, if that change was paired with something to rebalance the game back towards the killers, like slowing the gens down a bit, that would be ok. I'm totally fine as a killer main if Borrowed Time is base kit so long as the overall game balance is kept relatively intact because of some other change that comes with it.

• konchokkonchok Member Posts: 1,500

where can I watch the Q&A?

Keep in mind, the devs have mentioned in the past they consider Stretch Res to see over obstacles be cheating, so it's quite possible they're reluctant to talk about it one way or another as they mentioned in the stream when answering a question about cheating in general. They specifically avoid talking about particular cheats one way or another because, if they ever do implement something to mitigate it, they don't want to give cheaters additional ammunition.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,843
  • IamFranIamFran Member Posts: 1,039

A Dead Hard rework is coming! (worse than the current for sure, as happened to Object of Obsession).

Good Q&A, just for that news.

• FilthyLegionMainFilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 687

I feel that you could switch the invulnerability of dead hard to temp endurance during the dash so it has more uses. It won't eat up powers in the most terrible way and it won't give that DAMN SCREAM!

• SmukSmuk Member Posts: 735

Infamous Alchemist Rank. But some people do see it as assault rifle

true. But its not via injecting code/editing memory. Its more of a dbd setting which is obvious :D

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,228

Wait, when was that? I came in a little late, so if that was at the start, I might have missed it. If so, that's incredible news to hear.

Just because it's an easier cheat to do doesn't make it not a cheat.

• MrPeanutbutterMrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 728

I thought it was very good - definitely exceeded my expectations. CoH nerf was very welcome, but not sure it’s going to make a huge difference. It’s still unlimited free healing for the whole team and doesn’t require a perk slot for 3 of 4 survivors - still quite OP.

The one thing that bothered me was the allusion to possible “basekit” BT. If that comes with no major buffs on the killer side to compensate then that’s going to destroy the game as killers will quit in droves.

Yes. We're not talking about just picking a standard resolution, we're talking about going in and setting it up to allow for weird custom resolutions that break the game.

• Lat0Lat0 Member Posts: 92

As someone who complains about Dbd a lot, i'm satisfied with the answers they gave us.

They are considering a new casual/different mode which is great;

They will be changing overused and overpowered perks like Dead Hard and Circle of Healing.

The only problem is that these changes are not that huge and will probably take months or even a year before we see them...

• ThePoliceThePolice Member Posts: 746

It was AWFUL. Only things answered were early game collapse, dead hard, COH and the killer stats.

nothing said about killer to survivor player ratio, and y’r man said that ridiculous hockey analogy which frankly soured the Q&A

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 807

I am fine with the Q&A.

Nothing to exciting and nothing I did not anticipate.

Addressing cheaters is not possible and they explained the arms race character pretty well, not making fixed time tables is good and it seems that they have learned a harsh lesson here and announcing that things are "on the radar" is good enough.

People complain about the Hockey analogy...well, that was a given. Anything where people feel like "their skill" does not get a reward makes them feel bad. I will continue to ask people who talk about players just "warming the bench" if we should just exclude reserve players from receiving the rewards and the cup at the end of season if their team won...

• LabracLabrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

You guys have a pretty low standard of "good".

https://youtu.be/G19cpgVRxO8

• WesCravenFanWesCravenFan Member Posts: 1,095

So, I am hearing a lot of flak about this Q&A, and I don't think people are really being fair. I think it was very good, but I want to counter something I am seeing a lot:

"The devs just answered most questions with a no answer."

Yes, they did. And that is an answer. For example, perk tiers. They said no. You may have wanted to hear yes, but they answered your question. I hope that by giving you people a flat no to a lot of these questions you will move on to other questions. Some of these horses are very very dead and no amount of Summon Undead casting is going to Maurice those horses back up for you to twist their arms into yes answers.

I want regressing 99'd gates. I am not going to get it. Okay. I can move on.

But stop saying the devs are not answering questions because they did not give you the answer you wanted to hear. It happen to think they were very transparent about a lot of things.

• JoByDaylightJoByDaylight Member Posts: 390

I feel this is a good thing to bring BT as base kit. It softly removes the chances of being farmed off the hook by your solo q teammates. But it should come with some tweaks like remove the possibility to bodyblocking the killer.

I also think they should compensate the killer with this - as this literally gives survivors a fifth perk. I would personally make kicking a gen automatic somewhere between 2,5-5% regression and remove the possibility to gen tap to stop regression.

• xSymanthaxSymantha Member Posts: 52

I think it was decent, I'm glad that they are wanting to be more transparent. While not being able to hear out more details about certain things is kinda disappointing, I can understand why they don't, because of the possibility of certain things being scrapped or changed