Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why are killer mains more numerous?

2»

Comments

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 5,370

You know, I'm honestly not sure if you are serious here.

• IamFranIamFran Member Posts: 1,031

Because the killers have more reasons to complain.

90% of survivor complaints are about camping, tunneling and NOED and are the only reasons they can complain about I think, because that three things are frustrating. I can understand it.

However killer complaints are more numerous: gen speeds, plenty of survivor sided maps, CoH, Dead Hard, SWFs, Hit Validantion, Tbagging/clickyclicky and the simple fact of being the most streesful side.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,791

Surely hit validation is a survivor concern? The devs use a favor the killer scenario, so it makes literally no sense that they would complain about that? Like???

• IamFranIamFran Member Posts: 1,031

I put the hit validation in the list of common complaints of killers, not in the survivor list.

• MrPeanutbutterMrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 716

People are usually going to come to the forums to complain about something rather than come here to say “hey everyone, just want to say I had a lot of fun playing the game today!!”

People who play the killer side have a lot of legitimate reasons to complain and they come here to vent their frustrations (not that it does much good to lead to actual changes). Survivor is easier than it’s been in a long time and there are few people (with a few notable exceptions) who complain about the survivor side.

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 2,739

The difficulty and fustration inherent in the killer role is a real factor, especially over the last year or so. Throw in the dread of making just one mistake against good players dooming you, and it's a lot to handle.

As far as visibility in these forums goes, we also need to remember the timeframe of this game and the platforms.

DBD was out for like two years before being ported over to the consoles, so a lot of vetran players come from PC, and as far as I can tell most regulars here are PC as well. Now remember most killers are also from PC (reasons for that are another thread entirely) despite the consoles collectively making up the larger playerbase by far.

So the oldest players from the harder role (imo) are also the most vocal too. Makes sense to me.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,966

They aren't.

Forums are a place to share ideas, discuss topics, and for games like this, vent frustrations. Killer is unbalanced the higher the MMR goes, so you're bound to see more killer players come to vent than survivors, who are 'mostly' on easy street.

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 792

I like to play killer because it's more challenging, and more engaging. Of course that's also why it's more stressful.

People are prone to identifying with things, and the killer in DBD is a role that lends itself more to that, imo. It's more defined role with a clearer purpose than being one of four on a team. For that reason I think that even though more people play as survivor than killer, more people identify as a "killer main" than as a "survivor main".

Also, it's not rocket science as to why salty killers have greater representation on the forum; it's because killer does have more BS to deal with, and dissatisfied people are the ones who feel the need to express their feelings more strongly. People who are having a great time don't flock to message boards to tell each other what a great time they are having.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 3,799

It also depends at what time, currently we are at a more "killer frustrated" time.

I remember back then with old Legion, the forum was filled with Legion or Franks mixtape threads.

Same was about spirit or undying or many other things.

• Nemmy_WemmyNemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 761
    edited January 20

Join us spectator mains, we poop on those cringe killers and unbased survivors equally. We thrive in custom matches, as the true God tier 3rd side.

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,440

The next discussion about CoH being nerfed while leaving NOED untouched just shows exactly what I mean. For 1 survivor main or an unbiased person there are more than 20 pure killer mains, most of which never touched the survivor role. Why do some streamers mention the "shortage of killers" when judging by the forums 19 players out of 20 mostly or only play killer?

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,672

Not saying this accounts for the majority, but I am of the impression some of these discussions are made purely for trolling purposes. Either for attention, likes or notoriety.

Some will be concerns raised by authentic people too. For those people, I feel there are many explanations above that have already covered this.

• BenihimeWrathBenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

Honestly I'm surprised survivors aren't burning down the forums over the CoH """"nerf""""

• illusionillusion Member Posts: 869

The number of people posting on the forum is not an indication of the number of people that actually play that role.

Ironically, I have seen a lot of survivors complaining today. Both sides complain about equally, about the other side. Let's stop with the finger pointing.

• AngyKillerAngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Because they know it was an empty gesture meant to appease Killers, not to actually nerf Survivors.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,810
  • Alphasoul05Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 479

You realize most people don't use forums unless they have something complain about, right? There's a reason you mainly see complaints about tunneling/camping, and less individual killers and perks these days. Because there's not a whole lot less to complain about, whereas killers have... quite a lot more to have to deal with.

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 844

The forums have always been mostly killer mains, anyone active on here for at least a month can’t deny it.

• AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

It's easy to see killer mains everywhere when you define them as "people who hold an opinion different to mine on a thread about 2 specific perks"

• foxsansboxfoxsansbox Member Posts: 964

This post is just as factually inaccurate as your posts on that thread, too.

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,476

Probably because the survivor side is easy?

When you lose on survivor the usual response and feeling is. How and why did we lose that? and then you start looking at what your team was doing while you ran the killer for 2 minutes and no gens popped. Survivors can pin the blame on the others because that is the reason they lost. The other survivor didn't hold M1 on a generator and instead stood in a corner or opened chests.

When you lose on killer the usual feeling is what else could i do? When you play killer, there are moments where you just can't do anything because survivors did hold m1 on a gen and the game is not balanced for that. Large maps with a 110% killer are lost purely thanks to travel time and nothing the survivor are doing. Put a ranged killer on an indoor map and they lose because they are slow and have no power. I can go on but you see the point.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,328

For easy explaining. There are 10 players.

3 are survivor main, 3 are killer main, 4 play both side.

A survivor make non reasonable post. There would 7 people (3 killer main and 4 play both sides) oppose him, while there would be only 2 other survivor main defenses for him.

Non reasonable post, something like comparing S tier perks DH BT with F tier Montrous shrine.

• WesCravenFanWesCravenFan Member Posts: 1,084

Killers are not more popular or represented.

It's just that happy people do not complain. The majority of Survivor players are quite happy with the game right now (for good reason) aside from the group that somehow thinks this game is killer sided or NOED is the worst thing ever.