2.6.0 is now available for download on all platform
The new content from Demise of the Faithful is available immediately in the in-game store. DLC is available on Steam / Playstation Store EU / Playstation Store NA / XBOX
Patch Notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/patch-notes
Emblem blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52295/the-emblem-system-changes-explained#latest
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

Reddit Q&A | June 18th, 2018

not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 746
edited June 2018 in Q&A sessions

Question by Ms_claymore

Suggestion/request:

Please include an ingame notification on all platforms the next time you deactivate a feature for a certain amount of time, bonus points for doing so a week before the feature is deactivated.

Players are legit confused why Shrine of Secrets is not available/doesn't update anymore. Not everyone browses reddit or the official forums, reads your blog posts or watches your Developer Streams. Changes like this are important and should be clearly communicated in the game.

Answer

This is true, the in-game communication module isn't the best at the moment. It is planned to be reworked later this year.

Comments

• not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 746
    edited June 2018

Question by yellowchaplain

Regarding pallets...

If a survivor is on one side of the pallet and the killer is on the other, and the killer goes to swing, and the survivor pulls the pallet down, should the attack connect? I ask because I assume the attack shouldn't, because you implemented killer stun and that seems like the most appropriate situation for a killer stun, yet I can't count all the times (especially since the--advisable--removal of the pallet vacuum) I get hit despite throwing the pallet down while standing on the correct side.

Where can I read your goals for what pallets should and shouldn't do? Is my issue merely due to ping? Thanks.

Answer

This seems to be caused by desync between the host (killer) and the hosted party (survivor). Because our game is peer to peer, you will see that happening sometimes.

Question from saltykiller69

Once again, when is DS getting nerf and/or re-worked?

Answer

We are testing some solutions right now. More details on this week's Q&A video on YouTube.

edited June 2018

Questions from frenzy175

Is there any plans for free weekends/periods to test out the DLC killers?
    I'm a new player so not sure if this has happened before.

Answer

Free weekends are already something we are doing. However, during the free weekend, you have access to the base game, not the DLCs.

From now on, if you play on PC, you can try the new content before release on the Player Test Build.

Question from salty_jim

any kind of self-care rework planned? an infinite self-medkit that allows you to bring another item into the match is pretty damn strong, its also one of the few mandatory perks and mandatory perks are kind of a negative thing

Answer

We do have a rework planned! Currently testing it and might be on the PTB. For more details, watch this week's Q&A on YouTube! (available tomorrow late PM)

Question from Weyland

Some perks (like Monstrous shrine or Territorial imperative for killers) are seeing almost no use. And almost all players agree that these perks are a waste of perk slot regardless of a killer or situation.

Are you considering reworking or buffing these perks to make them worth picking? Do you have some sort of list of perks that require changes to make them viable?

It would be interesting to compare your point of view to the opoinion of the community.

Answer

We are changing some perks in the mid-chapter patch. Monstrous shrine and Territorial Imperative aren't on the list.

Question from wtfdbd

How fast do killers vault windows now? You had announced the speed is 1.5 sec at Patch 1.7.0 but your Patch 2.0.0 says it is 1.7 sec. Which is correct? It was slowed down?

Answer

1.7 for every killer. There was miscommunication about the 1.5 sec as we didn't include the first part of the animation in the total window vault time.