Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why Do survivors crawl to the corner of the map and then complain when they bleed out

How come survivors just crawl away from all the hooks and then complain when I can't hook them?

Comments

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 5,597

I thought the same.. Like if you're crawling away from the hooks on purpose to waste my time, than I'll waste their time. It's so frustrating.

• BohemianWaxwingBohemianWaxwing Member Posts: 9

If they crawl to a corner when it's unlikely or impossible that someone will pick them up, and there are no perks in play that enable full recovery out of the dying state, then they may want to die on their own terms.

If they do this and complain, however, they're just being petty.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 1,125

Yeah. When I play as survivor (about 20-33% if my game time) I might try to hide and get into favorable positions, as long as other survivors are alive and kicking, but once everyone is slugged I crawl out and towards a well frequented hook, camping under it. I see no "deviance" or "honor" in grieving the killer and wasting everyone's time in the process.

Sure, you could always crawl around and look for the hatch, and I have managed to do so a few times, and there might be the clutch moment we're someone with unbreakable gets up and heals everyone in a jiffy, but this rare moments aren't worth wasting 2+ min just to spite the better player of the match. Just hook me and let us all play another round.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,319

Its depend, if its early-mid game when there are other teammate, its a way to avoid a hook.

If Im the the last survivor, why should I crawl away? I die anyway. But still, there is no other reason Killer let me to crawl that far right after downing me.

If Im the 3rd survivor slugged and Killer go for 4K, well Killer wasted my time first. Unless the 4th survivor is nearby and spotted, then understandable.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,748

They are probably playing around DS. Doubt it is anything personal. You learn really quickly as a killer not to even give the chance anything funky to happen when your victory condition has already been met.

• illusionillusion Member Posts: 869

There is no scenario where the survivor has the right to complain about that. That is a self-inflicted situation. You crawl to a corner and bleed out, that is on you.

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,893

That and also possible flashlights/flashbangs the other remaining survivor might have as well could prevent the killer from picking them up for the same reason as DS.

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,446

Only reason I'd complain is that you left me slugged long enough to crawl away to the corner in the first place.

Pick me up just slightly faster danmit, being a slug is boring, I crawled to the corner to make it as boring to you as it was to me.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,610
    edited January 23

Petyness if thats a real word

• SakurraSakurra Member Posts: 962

If you have played like a scum I will definitely do that to waste your time and lose some of your bloodpoints.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 5,962

I'm assuming you mean when you've slugged for the 4k. Usually I've recovered to find help and I'm crawling to a safer spot to be picked up or towards the other teammate to pick me up. Unfortunately during this time the killer may kill that player in which case I start crawling looking for the hatch as a last ditch effort. Alot of times when I'm slugged I bleed out within 10 seconds of the killer hooking my teammate because they left me on the ground for so long while they looked for and chased my teammate. If you've left me on the ground I'm not going to just lay there for 4 minutes, I'm going to try to get picked up if there is another survivor or I'm going to try and find the hatch.

• CrashMADDS13CrashMADDS13 Member Posts: 302

Because they can't handle losing

• WesCravenFanWesCravenFan Member Posts: 1,057

I crawl away from hooks.

However, I do not complain about bleed out. I think I have had a killer intentionally leave me to bleed out like 3 times in the history of ever. It is not this epidemic to me that it is for some people.

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335

Better question.

Why do my teammates 99 the door and die in EGC, in silly over altruistic plays, allowing the killer to bleed me out?

Where, if the door was open, they would be forced to pick me up.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,195

obviously it is your duty as a killer to pick them up, let them wiggle out and give them hatch now.

everything else is just omega ultra super toxic and you are a horrible person if you dont do that, which gives them all the right to complain about you for ruining their gameplay experience and expectation of a win, which they definitely deserved after they outplayed you that hard.

/s

• AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

I always try to crawl away, given the chance. If I bleed out though, that's on me. I didn't want the killer to find me, and got my wish.