Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

charms are useless and I am pretty sure 97% of the playerbase doesn't give a ######### about them

Comments

• ImBrakingBikeImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

I would actually like it if they changed some of the charms in the rift for rewards like BPs, but I don't want all charms gone. Some of them are really pretty, especially those at the highest levels of the rift. But yes, I'd rather not have various recolors of the same design.

Anyway, I don't think making more or fewer charms harm the development of the game in any way because I'm quite sure BHVR has different teams of people with different roles, and the ones that work on balance issues may not be the same that work on the rift design. But I'm not sure.

• WulfasgerWulfasger Member Posts: 67

I also like charms they look good, and its the only reason why i grind those archives. I understand your point but you can see a lot of end game players finding bloodpoints and shards are useless. Because you know. They got everyting. So they are grinding those charms as well too. And having something "unique" is not a bad idea. Skins are mostly coming back after a year two after the rift but those charms are the only option you can have them rn. So they dont mind me.

• chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I dont think charms shouldnt exist (i like a lot of them) but at the same time do we need 14 pages of crap re colored ones? Bp and iri shards in place of those I mentioned would make the rift 100 times better.

• ThePoliceThePolice Member Posts: 746

Charms should not exist because they bloat the rift pass

• ThePoliceThePolice Member Posts: 746

Do you not think that devs know how to do different things, besides they could work on map reworks, facial reworks, hell just new cosmetic sets altogether

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,092

I'll be happy seeing charms.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,000

There are charms?!? Only 1 of my killers has them on the hook which is oni, there is no point in them.

• GuyFawxGuyFawx Member Posts: 1,924

Charms are just seasoning they offer nothing other than more stuff to customize your account with. I highly doubt that much effort is put into making them as its probably a concept to Blender setup they got for newer artists to get aquainted with their tools in the inbetween sessions of dlcs. You gotta understand that for artists when your designing stuff on a tight schedual you absolutely need a jolt in a side objective to refocus your brain on the next goal otherwise time and time again you keep repeating your design choices in ways you might not always see. Its why we did animated shorts at Cartoon network before getting back to work in the fall. You often dont realize how many design flaws and skills you pick up when your stuck with the same mold day after day.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,003

I like them but I have 13 pages with about 10-15 I actually use

• MringasaMringasa Member Posts: 978

I like the Charms. They add a little something to each character. They're the same as any other cosmetic, just less time/energy investment to create them. Especially the themed ones that are unique to the different icons. I always run RE charms on Nemesis, Jill, and Leon for example.

Ultimately, every single cosmetic is a waste of time/energy. They simply exist to keep people invested in the game by looking how you want, and to make a little extra money during the empty spaces between chapters.

• drsoontmdrsoontm Member Posts: 2,432

Skins are useless and yet people are buying them. (No, I don't get it either)

• Benno101Benno101 Member Posts: 42

I think they're useless too, I don't pay attention to them at all on survivors or the hooks. Like when there are charm code giveaways, big whoop?

• MaTtRoSiTyMaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 298

I don't care about them in the slightest but others seem to so if someone enjoys them then whatever I guess

• En3ermostEn3ermost Member Posts: 274

I don't mind well made and unique charms like the cat one or the last one in the current Rift that is also animated. Those are cool and not a waste of space expecially if they're killer charms as they are way more visible than the survivor ones.

But the other 30 charms that look like crap and are all recolors of one another? Those are useless and should not waste any space in the Rift. I'd 100% prefer bloodpoints over them.

• FeelsBadManFeelsBadMan Member Posts: 494

I never ever used charms on any of my survivors. They look stupid and in the 'worst' case can expose you if you happen to run a very bright one (happened to me quiet a few times I managed to find a very immersed survivor solely because of the charms they were wearing)

On killer hooks most of them look ridiculous! They are way too big and bright. I actually use exactly three on my main Doc - a blood bag, a dog collar and some handcuffs. You gotta stay on my BDSM hook once u go on it!

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,673

Tbh I like charms. Not the recolour ones from the rift (I see them more as a mean to tell a story, since their description does that), but the others are a good way to add some personality to your characters.

• KajdanKiKajdanKi Member Posts: 216

Agree. It would be better to have some addons for outfits like wigs or extra item on shoulder but since certain outfits comes with hoodies and those hoodies are one ...

I have never give a phunk abou charms lol - so smol

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,077

Some of them are pretty nice but yeah most of them are boring.

• IdontknowtbhIdontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

My Nea has pride, gnome and the pink elephant 😁

I can't wait to get fatty catty, but not sure what to swap it for

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,522

I'm not a massive fan of the 20+ charms per Tome. I never cared about any charms since Tome 4. I will say though as a massive Saw fan I definitely took a look at some of the recent ones.

I would really like some sort of BP increase, shards or xp increase rewards.

• SepexSepex Member Posts: 1,308

I am unable to collect every charm like Pokemon' since I started my current account on Tome IX. Prior charms are no longer available so yeah now I don't care at all lul.

For the 3% it's just a collection 100% completionist thing.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,009

Dunno, foot tree is pretty funny

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,977

How many of the hundreds of charms do you use regularly? cause to me, the vast majority of the charms are extremely low-effort placeholders meant to make the rifts seem worth more. I don't completely agree with the OP since a couple of them are cool and although they are extremely minor cosmetics that become an active detriment to use as a survivor, I play jeff usually anyways though so not like I care about that but such a large amount of them are so garbage and low effort that are just perks or already existing art in the game slapped on some flat shape and then recolored 5 times.

• Khelendrose2020Khelendrose2020 Member Posts: 185

Back when I was actually playing, I loved when survivors wore charms. Most of the charms stand out and would betray their location when hiding. A Blendette with a shiny charm in the corner....love it.

I don't even know what charms I have on my characters. I never look at them because they are pointless decor. Everyone has the same ones so why bother trying to "brag" with them?

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,554
    edited January 28

Myself and others like them. They absolutely should exist.

• RullisiRullisi Member Posts: 392

Yeah I don't use them on survivor as they look silly. I don't like them on hooks either, would be cooler if there was another way to decorate your presence than having hook christmas ornaments but I'll at least use actually fitting charm like horse head or something creepy. Not the key-chain looking ones.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 4,339

I quite like charms, and I enjoy decorating hooks with things that fit the character. Survivor charms are harder to see and make the character easier to spot, so I tend to be more reserved with them unless I have a bright outfit on that character anyway. The stuff that's "5x a picture of Amanda's foot" is a waste of space, but we've had some really neat charms in the rift that I'm very happy to have.

I just wish that whoever's behind designing charms would focus a little more on what they think people would actually like to see. This tome is pretty great, but like, you sometimes get things like "literally just a big tick", "a square with 22 on it", or "a circle with a picture of a camera on it" when stuff like dolls of the characters, bright glowy things, and cute or funny memorabilia always go over well. And please, trim down the recolor charms. I do not think I have met anyone who likes those.

• RipleyRipley Member Posts: 727

There are a handful of charms I really like. But having lots of recoloured charms is just battlepass filler. I see this in other games too.

• unluckycombounluckycombo Member Posts: 582

I actually really enjoy charms. They're nothing insane, but I enjoy a little bit of something extra to make my Survivors stand out. They're not the most amazing thing ever, but I definitely enjoy things like the Pride charm, the Crow charm, and the Survivor Character charms. A lot of them just look really cute, and I can appreciate the effort they're putting into making stuff that fits with the lore. (Especially because it's not really taking away from anything. People who make skins and charms aren't really focused on things like re-writting Nurse's code from the ground up or crunching numbers for SBMM.)

• zsplittszsplitts Member Posts: 32

I love the charms! Particularly the cute and / or animated ones!