Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How could you make killer more fun?

2»

Comments

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,711

well I play both sides and I have to sweat to just get 1k or 2k that what is not fun and survivor is way easier even in solo

I know as survivor you wont escape everytime but I escape way more then I get 4k

normal game for killer is I either get 1k if I'm luck or 0k that with everyone on they death hook but by then all gens are done gates are 99%

• pizzaduffyhp90pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 768

Turn off SBMM/MMR that'll bring tons of killer players back

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,072

There are killers who do not opt to camping and tunneling all the time.

At some point even the best killers will opt to tunnel where it makes sense. All I see sometimes is players who think they have already lost (at 3 gens or their ruin got popped) so they want that one person, even tho they might have gotten more kills if they had tried.

Solo Queue survivors do not need a buff. How do you buff someone who constantly wants to hide and refuses to touch gens?

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,387

Stop nerfing them, give massive buffs to most killers (pretty much everyone but nurse and blight), revert unneeded heavy handed nerfs (Billy, Fred, Slinger) and nerf problematic perks like Dead hard. Lastly, stop making perks designed almost entirely to make the game miserable for the killer.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,564

Rework maps to remove problem loops and awful hook spawns. That would really, really help.

The problem is that I'm just imagining Ash walking through a graveyard going 'Buff SoloQ...to SWF level...*cough cough cough*'.

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    edited January 31

I also play both sides and it's quiet the opposite for me. I average about 3ks as killer and I rarely if ever escape. Usually my teammates are getting 1 escape on average. This is actually data I kept over 40 to 60 games. I would seriously be curious what your stats would be if you did the same. Kept track of 20 solo games survivor side and 20 killer games on your main.

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 927

I seriously don’t understand why people don’t farm between their serious matches. I usually do after 4-5 games. It helps me loosen the tension if I had a challenging match, and you’d be surprised at how funny and cute survivors can be when you’re just messing around, it’s a side we don’t get to see from each other often so I’ve learned to appreciate it.

• TrickstaaaaaTrickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256

Survivors run at a 95% speed when inured. There you go, plus it would make sense from a logical perspective since when humans are injured, they usually are in a more fragile state. That would allow for killers to end chases quicker, since they would be able to catch up at a faster pace. And it would make plague S tier.

• lonesomekilllonesomekill Applicant Posts: 246

I only play killer. To make it more fun the devs could allow us to pick from several killers in the training mode instead of just trapper so we are guaranteed at least one decent game without hacking or bullying. Maybe they could do the same for survivors, let them pick from the 4 characters available, and offer other killers randomly picked in training mode. Maybe nurse, legion, doctor or spirit to join trapper. I dont see any other viable option

• MikaelaWantsYourBoonMikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 3,743

If we go with my way;

First, generators will not fly because game is balancing around hooks, this mean everyone will have enough time.

Second, after this changes camp & tunnelling will nerf too and maybe this will make killers lose the game. Punishment will be harder.

Third, all solo survivors are not like this. Solo-q needs infos. What is my teammate doing? Who is going to save? etc. This info buffs will make Solo-q better. Potatoes will stay potato and they will stay on low mmr with low mmr killers.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,072

I know not all solo survivors are like that, but the majority of the complaints stem from their lack of being efficient. Now, you might think it is because they lack info but so many times I have brought Kindred only to watch them crouch next to my hook because they don’t have BT and aren’t willing to take a hit for me.

SWF is often successful because of the reliability it provides. Yes they can communicate better, but even if you were to mute each other, you’d still see them being efficient and knowing that you might have to take someone else’s aggro at some point. Things like that.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoonMikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 3,743

Giving info buffs to solo survivors will be good start. And MMR needs some changes too. Good players should not be team with bad players. When i have good teammates, i am really enjoying. This can not be so hard.

• NinthPixelNinthPixel Member Posts: 42

As a killer main, I want something other than pallets to get stopped by.

log swings, marbles, MORE fall pits, trip wire, etc.

Obviously winning is fun, but half of the badness of losing is doing so in the same boring ways. I actually stop to get hit by a Flashbang when I see them drop because it is just funny to act that part. I don't need a 4k to be happy, a total defeat that has me rolling in laughter is a win too.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,711

how the matchmaking is I sometimes get good games too like last night I was getting 3k to 4k but I think my MMR got low but if I start doing to good in a lot of games or get a DC I start letting people go.

• KajdanKiKajdanKi Member Posts: 218

well it depends. I like killers with some extra powers that make the game interestibg like Pig, Piramid Head or Doctor. You need to respect their powers to some degree.

The most boring are m1 killers like trapper, legion or killers who are very hard to loop like clown or trickster because their power is crap.

Cenobite is interesting aswel but lacks of something that players dont pick him too often.

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

I absolutely disagree. Trapper is, by far, one of the most fun killers for me. If I would pick one of the most boring killers to play, I would have to list Leatherface (because he feels like he needs to be played as a camper), Twins (because they are so awkward to play and have weird delays when switching) and Wraith (He just very simple, which isn't a bad thing but for me, it's not my playstyle).

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Add baseline comeback mechanics for dbd.

Killer gets a pre nerf mori after getting x number of hook states or hooking every survivor player once. Survivors should get improved healing and repair speed per missing/dead survivor.

Dbd games swing to hard and reaching points of clear defeat that gets drawn out is terrible for both sides. Give both killer and survivor an out a real way to get back into the game.