Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

If you feel like MMR system is not good, how would you change it?

2»

Comments

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,538

I'm sorry but this is just a poor argument. Players on both sides will call for easy kills and easy escapes, trying to demonize one half of the player base is unhelpful.

I think the key problem with SBMM from the casual perspective is that it does a pretty good job of matching competent survivors together, you watch even some of those great streamers and they are often exploiting the weak survivor to gain a foothold.

That is becoming less of scenario so games eventually get sweatier and sweatier, the viability of chases generally goes down and you get a increase in playstyles that people don't like camping/tunneling/slugging etc because they become more efficient/rewarding than the typical spread damage and hooks playstyle.

There's this real culture in DBD of while its ok for survivor players to split up on gens and smash them out asap for maximum pressure, its not ok for a killer player to remove someone early to gain the same kind of pressure. Yet that's exactly what you should be focusing on if you want to secure a 4k.

Just as there is nothing wrong with people smashing out gens there is nothing wrong with people wanting the 4k, its their goal after all.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,305

I think the MMR system is...mostly okay. The big issue is that there seems to be a deficit of killers, and that the system doesn't handle lobby dodges well - leading to problems.

To the lack of killers problem, an easy fix would be a 'Call To Arms' system that offers double BP to the side that needs more players at a certain time of day, until queues for the other side hit a reasonable level.

To the backfill problem, BHVR said they are working on it.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,492
    edited February 3

The mainproblem is not which kind of mmr is used, the old one or the new one. The main problem is that queue times are prioritized, meaning at some point mmr is thrown overboard anyway. Thats when the 4k hour team gets the 15 hour teammate.

I had taken a break from the game just before sbmmr came into the game. But my experience is this: With the old mmr, i had a survival rate of about 75%, and potatoes in a lot of my games.

Nowadays, my would guess overall survival rate is higher (this is actually just a guess. I used to keep stats of my games, but havent done so since i came back), but even though i see potatoes once in a while, i am mostly matched with people actually contributing, leading to way less frustrating games, win or lose, because even the games i lose have most gens done, all 5 a lot of the time. Since i came back, i never had a game with no gen done at all, which happend under the old system.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,497

Widen the value range

Raise the softcap

Restricted que time override

Remove averaging for team scores

Score adjustments need to have factors from the " nuances and context" of actual gameplay in combination with the results.

In any other game if both sides "win" its called a draw, so the complicated math = an adjustment of 0

• PleassBuiltInNoedPleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 617

Remove it.

Making proper MMR system is not easy, and if this took them so much time then I can assume they are not willing to put enough time into making a proper MMR system. So just remove it.

• Lat0Lat0 Member Posts: 92

Remove both MMR and the Emblem system. Keep bloodpoints and pips

Boom, PARTY GAME fixed.

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,410

just take hooks into account, Survivor escape without getting hooked, more MMR gain

Killer kills survivor with all hooks more MMR gain

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,589
    edited February 3

Killer being based on kills is mostly ok. That's generally going to correlate with skill but it becomes problematic on certain killers like Leatherface.

Survivor needs way more nuance to accurately reflect skill. If you're just taking the result and not comparing all of the players in that match against that killer, you're missing the forest for the trees. It's very apparent that the player who ran the killer for 2 minutes is better than the teammates who somehow went down instantly to that same killer. But MMR sees that they all died. I'd even argue that the survivor who ran that killer for 2 minutes is better than that killer and that they died because of their teammates, not because the killer was better.

Survivors often die to vastly inferior killers because of super weak links on their team. You don't have much of a system if you can't account for that. Especially if you're just going to throw out SBMM as soon as peak hours hit and throw 50 hr players with 3000 hr players. The system we have now is somehow worse at matching players than old ranks were. That's wild.