Home Discussions General Discussions

The entire idea of getting banned for deranking/dc is dumb.

2»

Comments

  • SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,379

    Its fine, people that are saying it should be bannable are all Survivor mains

    Survivors can already fight low rank Killers (EG Rank 15-20 Killers) being rank 1, by queueing with another friend that is low rank.So 3 rank 1 survivor + 1 rank 18 survivor friend will vs a Rank 20 Killer. That is BS and this has not been fixed

    Why should i get punished to play at high rank when most of the killers are trash? and that i am forced to play competitive killers, i dont want to play Nurse everygame thank you

    no ranking incentive, no ranking rewards, nothing, until they added incentive for ranking there is no reason to rank up, queues are longer, games are much harder and stressful, the game just isnt fun anymore

  • borna_lkborna_lk Member Posts: 124
    Maybe people should all stop dcing and then there will be more people in the higher ranks? 
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited January 2019

    @Someissues said:
    Its fine, people that are saying it should be bannable are all Survivor mains

    Survivors can already fight low rank Killers (EG Rank 15-20 Killers) being rank 1, by queueing with another friend that is low rank.So 3 rank 1 survivor + 1 rank 18 survivor friend will vs a Rank 20 Killer. That is BS and this has not been fixed

    Why should i get punished to play at high rank when most of the killers are trash? and that i am forced to play competitive killers, i dont want to play Nurse everygame thank you

    no ranking incentive, no ranking rewards, nothing, until they added incentive for ranking there is no reason to rank up, queues are longer, games are much harder and stressful, the game just isnt fun anymore

    Yes because it's always survivors and never killers saying or doing this, do you ever stop with the nonsense on this stuff?

  • venom12784venom12784 Member Posts: 585
    On PS4 in So Cal with a 2 other surviors I have had 15 minutes queue times
  • inkedsoulzinkedsoulz Member Posts: 93

    Everyone should derank to rank 15.
    And while doing so ruin a lot of games for a lot of other people.
    Then play at rank 15 and bully newer killers/survivors.
    Some of those new players might leave the game forever.
    Maybe at that moment BHVR will do something about this dcing and deranking thing, since it will(probably already) make them lose customers.

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

    @inkedsoulz said:
    Everyone should derank to rank 15.
    And while doing so ruin a lot of games for a lot of other people.
    Then play at rank 15 and bully newer killers/survivors.
    Some of those new players might leave the game forever.
    Maybe at that moment BHVR will do something about this dcing and deranking thing, since it will(probably already) make them lose customers.

    Hmmn the old adage about 2 wrongs don't make a right seems to come to mind here and yes let's ruin the
    game for others and drive away people that can help grow the game.

  • twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,049
    edited January 2019
    The rules are the rules it's on the devs to sort the queue times at the red ranks but dcing affects everyone else in your game by loss of time, points, items and offerings.

    The ones who abused dcing when it was a certain killer, survivor items, map or anything a player simply didn't like in a match are to blame for the current rules.


  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

    @DexyIV said:
    Never did understand the queue time excuse. As both survivor and killer, I never exceed 10 minutes of queue time in red ranks. And that time where I did hit 10 minutes was due to people joining and then leaving over and over. Not to mention this was at like 2 am because my sleeping habits are all over the place.

    The ban system is good because otherwise people would insta DC in order to derank all the time. imo someone who contributes nothing to the game but getting downed 1 time only to kill themselves on the hook is better than someone who DCs, because at least they wasted some of the killer's time for the rest of their team. Insta DCing as killer is annoying for the survivors too. If you insta DC to derank constantly, no matter what you prefer to play, I think that's a perfectly good reason to ban you. It ruins the experience of others.

    When the queue time becomes larger than the actual playtime, then thats not acceptable at all in my opinion

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 17,014

    @Master said:

    @DexyIV said:
    Never did understand the queue time excuse. As both survivor and killer, I never exceed 10 minutes of queue time in red ranks. And that time where I did hit 10 minutes was due to people joining and then leaving over and over. Not to mention this was at like 2 am because my sleeping habits are all over the place.

    The ban system is good because otherwise people would insta DC in order to derank all the time. imo someone who contributes nothing to the game but getting downed 1 time only to kill themselves on the hook is better than someone who DCs, because at least they wasted some of the killer's time for the rest of their team. Insta DCing as killer is annoying for the survivors too. If you insta DC to derank constantly, no matter what you prefer to play, I think that's a perfectly good reason to ban you. It ruins the experience of others.

    When the queue time becomes larger than the actual playtime, then thats not acceptable at all in my opinion

    Triple gen time, problem solved.
    (Yes, I'm joking)

  • clunkerclunker Member Posts: 8

    Yep. Two SWF on rank 1 PS4, we’re often waiting at least 15 minutes only to have the killer DC when we actually get into a lobby.

    We both deranked to about 15 just so we can get games faster.

  • PandiferPandifer Member Posts: 37
    It is never okay to ruin the experience of the other 4 people playing. Period. If you DC, you make everyone else have a bad time. Just play the game or if you want to DC, maybe you should check out Civilization. 
  • NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 7,294
    Regardless on the fact that you think DCing shouldn't be a bannable offense or not...

    STOP DOING IT. You're talking about 30 minute queues, right? Now imagine being in the other fog travelers shoes when you DC. Think about those fog travelers who have waited 30 minutes for a game (just like you) just to see you DC? Now their game is ruined AND they will need to wait another 30 minutes to find another game thanks to you. Lesson learned?

    Just don't DC, period.

    This is meant for everyone that Deranks/DC's.
Sign In or Register to comment.