Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is Circle of Healing bad for DBD?

Comments

• ReshyReshy Member Posts: 373

Outside a SWF maybe, but I've seen them before and they can give some pretty good value when placed intelligently.

I mean that's nothing new? A survivor can unhook you in front of the killer, watch you get downed and hooked, and unhook you again and then you're out of the game. Either the perk needs a penalty for using it flippantly, or it needs to be weaker. What would you prefer?

• crowbarmancrowbarman Member Posts: 466

Shadowstep sucks during end game. Yes the survivors need to know SS is in play and loop near it to get value.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,688

A few problematic spots need fixed too. Mostly ironworks upstairs. Badham downstairs.

• Winchester89Winchester89 Member Posts: 85

That was the last match I played before my break and I only won because I played plague. With most other M1 killers, I never would have had a chance. So yes, Coh is too strong. The only perk that buys me time is Forced Penance. There's not enough most killers can do against such builds...

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,149

I mean that's nothing new? A survivor can unhook you in front of the killer, watch you get downed and hooked, and unhook you again and then you're out of the game. Either the perk needs a penalty for using it flippantly, or it needs to be weaker. What would you prefer?

Yes, other survivors can screw you over. No reason to make it easier. I don't want to be saddled with a global disadvantage because someone else picked a bad perk. It's way better to localise it only to the survivor who took the perk.

• ReshyReshy Member Posts: 373

How about if your boon gets snuffed you go into the dying state?

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,122

It’s literally 2%, killers will be fine. Look at how everyone thought exponential was gonna be broken and abused and no one even uses it.

• FFirebranddFFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,073

So, I don't think the effect of Circle of Healing is a bad one to exist. You can get similar effects with more flexibility with other healing perks. The problem with it is threefold.

1. Circle of Healing gives the main effects of ~3.5 perks for 1 slot. Self Care and two and a half copies of Botany Knowledge. Getting that much out of one perk slot is a bit much.
    2. Circle of Healing gives those effects to any Survivor in the zone. That's kinda nutty.
    3. In spite of the above... the killer has nearly no viable counter play to the perk or any boon perk for that matter. Kicking a boon doesn't do enough. Sure it turns off the perk but a 14s bless later and its back.

I personally would buff kicking boons significantly. Boons pretty much all provide a very strong benefit, but not enough down sides for those incredibly strong effects. So... we need to add some of the below penalties for having your boon kicked.

1. When your boon gets kicked, you cannot replace it for 30-60 seconds. This will let killers kick boons to get a much needed breather from them.
    2. For the duration of the above penalty, the Survivor gets an action speed debuff similar to Gift of Pain.
    3. The Survivor carrying the boon screams when it is kicked.

There are other options besides the above obviously, but right now kicking boons is 100% not strong enough and desperately needs to be buffed.

• Majin151Majin151 Member Posts: 937

Ooh I like that kinda like how if you vault a window too many times it gets blocked but instead it's the survivors basically giving you a free random hex if the killer doesn't have a hex perk and another one of theirs if they do have one

I see it a decent amount. It's def had some effects on my games.

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 3,256

I mean survivors are technically playing with a force they don't understand in a realm that is not their own. Who is to say that next circle of healing blessing won't blind/oblivious you the rest of the match and destroy the totem if you've blessed it two or three times?

If you slug a lot than yeah it can be a game changer. I don't do it much cause it can make the game longer for both sides. I may only do it if I want a 4k.

I watch/learned from older OG killers. I use slugging as my gen slowdown. Over actual slowdown perks.

• gammatsunamigammatsunami Member Posts: 545
    edited February 23

Yeah, its probably the biggest complaint I have as killer right now. When I am playing killer and I hear a boon go up it triggers me, I want to find them and tunnel them. Or give up.

The fact it stacks with First aid kits is ridiculous

• AdaezAdaez Member Posts: 859
    edited February 23

Yes,shuts down all weak m1 killer while not doing much againts the killers survivors struggle with.

The perk is basically godlike againts weak killers and in swf,but its not that great againts good killers and soloq.

BHVR basically makes the problems with this game even worse with boons,especially coh,its like self care on steroids.

Its hard not to call BHVR survivor biased when they keep pulling this **** .

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,749

Yes it's very bad for the game and should be reworked.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,973

A killer not playing because of CoH when they get new perks constantly to slow down and oppress the game is a bad excuse. Survivors need more good perks which they never get btw. CoH is good for the game because it gives survivors a secondary objective (killer buff) for a slightly better self-care in a small area of the map.

What is bad is that it has already been nerfed so much it is hardly seen. I see it maybe one 1 of 10 matches now as survivor.

If killers have massive slowdown perks that are used every game, some using Sloppy Butcher, then it is only fair for survivors have a way to counter the slowdowns. CoH needs some buffs, it should be 100% or have a larger area that it covers. Killer hex perks are map wide affecting the entire match, I don't see why CoH needs to be such a small area with only marginally better than self-care.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,873

No but the problem is that rather than people focusing on what about it is bad, people would rather blow it out of proportion and say it is bad.

The concept is not bad, the execution was.

• teslatesla Member Posts: 446

It's not a small area, when played well, it'll be put on strategic places, where it benefits most and with hard access by the killer such as in upstair places. The problem with this perk is precisely the range, the speed just aggravates the situation. Since it gives a free self care, its range could be pretty small and it would still have value. But the devs want all boons to have the same range, even the weaker ones, which is a mistake in my opinion. Even exhaustion perks don't have the same duration anymore because they know some are stronger than others. Now comparing boons with hexes to justify wider range makes no sense, hexes can be cleansed for good, not boons tho.

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 1,103
    edited February 23

So tired of this guy trolling the forums and the mods doing nothing about it when devs listen to people like this. Saying you only see CoH 1 out of 10 matches is a straight up lie. It's in every single match.

• NOEDENJOYERNOEDENJOYER Member Posts: 237

As already said, healing speeds were already a problem. If you went against four survivors whom each had their own med-kit prior to COH existing, you had to same issue of struggling to apply pressure because everyone was constantly healthy. Although med-kits are a finite resource and could be countered with franklins.

However, now COH has simply made that issue even worse, it essentially gives everyone an infinite med-kit to heal themselves and each other even though only one person brings the perk, so in a SWF, one person brings the boon and the other three survivors have essentially an infinite med-kit, and 4 stacked meta perks that give them a second chance.

It's honestly broke the balance of the game even further, M1 Killers are even more obsolete and it's made tunnelling/camping a must-do strategy against good survivors who bring COH. But even as a killer main, I do NOT want to have to tunnel someone out of the game to win, I want to go for 12 hooks (preferably hooking everyone twice before killing anyone) and still have a chance at a decent result, not sweat for a 2k by tunnelling/camping.

It's miserable for everyone, really.

• NOEDENJOYERNOEDENJOYER Member Posts: 237

This idea that COH would become balanced by merely having a disable function with the perk once snuffed out is an oversight. Snuffing out a boon which breaks the totem, or snuffing the boon which disables the perk for 1-2 minutes will do absolutely nothing.

The problem with Circle of Healing is not only the immense healing speeds it provides to destroy a killer's pressure, but also that it is the only boon in the game that incentives the survivors to place away from the killer's presence. If the survivors use the boon optimally and place COH in a dead zone, where the killer has no incentive to go into that area because there's nothing to protect or pressure, then the survivors put the killer into a lose-lose situation. If they go to snuff it out, they're walking out of the way of the other generators/survivors they should protect, giving up precious pressure they work hard to maintain. If they leave it up, the survivors have infinite med-kits to deny the killer any ability to snowball. And even if the killer breaks it, it can be replaced quite quickly.

Disabling the perk, even permanently once snuffed will do nothing, especially against SWF's where it's common to see 2-3 of the survivors running it. So, great, you just snuffed a boon and disabled the perk, but the second survivor comes along and places theres down. And if you're going into a dead zone to break COH more than once, you've already lost the game.

It is fundamentally flawed in how it works, every other boon needs to be near the killer to work and this provides an opportunity to snuff it out and not lose too much pressure. So a disable function would work with these boons, but not with COH.

It needs an entire rework or to be deleted, and neither will happen because the developers don't do anything remotely intelligent at balancing their game.

Well they said they’re monitoring COH so more changes could happen.

• HermitHermit Member Posts: 196

Useless... because of a one-time use... like hex perks?

Nevermind, there are four survivors and everyone of them can bring a boon totem so it's four boons vs. one hex.

• deKlaw_04deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,450

I meant boons in general. Circle of healing is the only good boon. The other 3 are not worth bringing. Making them a one time would make ss, exponential and dark theory even worse. I think a cool down is the way to go. But if circle of healing is still “game breaking” then we can look to see what other nerfs we can give it. I have seen some pretty terrible Ideas like “snuffing a totem puts u in the dying state.” It got nerfed 2 already and the devs said they would do it again

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,973

Is it strategic or is it the first totem they could find? Survivors don't have that kind of time to roam around the map. It isn't a free self-care, because it has to be setup first. There has to be an incentive to the time sink in finding and blessing a totem or it would make way more sense to use self-care. Hex totems are harder to find than boon totems. I've literally seen killers walk by boon totems, immediately disable it, and carry on about their chase and down the survivor. It only takes the killer a second to disable it whereas it takes several seconds for survivor to disable a hex perk. A healing perk has to be re-blessable. They are not even close to the power of Ruin, Blood Favor, Devour Hope...