Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

We need to talk about the number of pallets on The Game

2»

Comments

  • Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,302

    @powerbats said:

    @DocOctober said:

    @NoShinyPony said:
    The Game has a super low amount of windows, therefore there need to be pallets, otherwise the areas on the map would be a dead zone from the beginning and the survivors would have no chance.

    A lot of those pallets are safe and the killer needs to destroy them. If the survivor knows how to run, the killer will often only catch up to him after 4/5 gens are done.

    Conclusion: Map design should be reworked by either swapping pallets for windows or by creating more mindgame opportunites around pallets.

    Or improve stealth. The map is too bright and staying hidden or losing line of sight is quite difficult.

    I've suggested darker maps and more stealth options but then the P3 Claudette and not wanting to have to play a stealth game complaints come up. I suck at looping and try not to do it often unless it's a Billy trying to hold his chainsaw up charged behind me. Those I'll loop into oblivion because i'm not going to give them an easy cheesy down like that.

    For me I love a good stealth and evade game where the killer has to actually outthink me and figure out where I've skulked off to. I've had lots of killers compliment me on my evasion skills since they'd know i was there on that gen but couldn't ever find me.

    But for all the killers that like a good hunt there's plenty more that just want survivors to run around in the open even if they complain about the end result being looping.

    I'd be all for removing some more pallets if there was more ways to actually stealth off and Ormond is a prime example of not happening. I'm not advocating Red Forest type maps across the board but even swamp has gotten so much harder to stealth on.

    well they could make her clothes lighter make it so that her clothes can be seen since ppl use p3 its because a reason that shes very easy on stealth with her and its just for noobs. now i know alot ppl like claudette but for me shes just a character that make her invisible in dark maps

  • NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,355

    @powerbats said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    Looping is a core mechanic of DbD and one main aspect what makes this game unique and why so many people love this game.

    Not for everyone, but for the majority of people the chase is the fun part.

    If the devs would put more focus on stealth, this game wouldn't be DbD anymore and a lot of people would quit playing it.

    Well for some looping is the greatest but for others it's not and they could give stealth much more support so both types of players on both sides could enjoy it. I mean some killers complain about looping now but if stealthy play keeps getting whacked/not supported loopers are going to be 100% more common.

    There are Hide & Seek video games without the looping mechanic but these games are nowhere as popular as DbD. Of course, there are people that like stealth play, but it's not the majority.

    If the devs were to put focus on stealth, they would lose more players than gain new ones.

  • DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

    @NoShinyPony said:

    @powerbats said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    Looping is a core mechanic of DbD and one main aspect what makes this game unique and why so many people love this game.

    Not for everyone, but for the majority of people the chase is the fun part.

    If the devs would put more focus on stealth, this game wouldn't be DbD anymore and a lot of people would quit playing it.

    Well for some looping is the greatest but for others it's not and they could give stealth much more support so both types of players on both sides could enjoy it. I mean some killers complain about looping now but if stealthy play keeps getting whacked/not supported loopers are going to be 100% more common.

    There are Hide & Seek video games without the looping mechanic but these games are nowhere as popular as DbD. Of course, there are people that like stealth play, but it's not the majority.

    If the devs were to put focus on stealth, they would lose more players than gain new ones.

    I'd prefer that.

    Looping was not part of Dead by Daylight for well over half a year after release. To claim that looping is a core mechanic is false. Even the devs call it an unintended way to play the game.

  • NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,355

    @DocOctober said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    @powerbats said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    Looping is a core mechanic of DbD and one main aspect what makes this game unique and why so many people love this game.

    Not for everyone, but for the majority of people the chase is the fun part.

    If the devs would put more focus on stealth, this game wouldn't be DbD anymore and a lot of people would quit playing it.

    Well for some looping is the greatest but for others it's not and they could give stealth much more support so both types of players on both sides could enjoy it. I mean some killers complain about looping now but if stealthy play keeps getting whacked/not supported loopers are going to be 100% more common.

    There are Hide & Seek video games without the looping mechanic but these games are nowhere as popular as DbD. Of course, there are people that like stealth play, but it's not the majority.

    If the devs were to put focus on stealth, they would lose more players than gain new ones.

    I'd prefer that.

    Looping was not part of Dead by Daylight for well over half a year after release. To claim that looping is a core mechanic is false. Even the devs call it an unintended way to play the game.

    Looping was not intended when the game was developed but you can't deny that looping became a core mechanic of the game. Nowadays, the devs would not say that survivors are not supposed to loop. When it comes to map changes like pallets and windows, it's about looping since it became an essential part of the game.

    You don't have to believe it but if DbD had stayed a stealth game it wouldn't have become that successful.

  • shyguyyshyguyy Member Posts: 42

    Didn't this map have like a 34% survival rate when they showed stats a few months back? Don't we have other things we could complain about?

  • RaizinzRaizinz Member Posts: 43

    @NoShinyPony said:

    @DocOctober said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    @powerbats said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    Looping is a core mechanic of DbD and one main aspect what makes this game unique and why so many people love this game.

    Not for everyone, but for the majority of people the chase is the fun part.

    If the devs would put more focus on stealth, this game wouldn't be DbD anymore and a lot of people would quit playing it.

    Well for some looping is the greatest but for others it's not and they could give stealth much more support so both types of players on both sides could enjoy it. I mean some killers complain about looping now but if stealthy play keeps getting whacked/not supported loopers are going to be 100% more common.

    There are Hide & Seek video games without the looping mechanic but these games are nowhere as popular as DbD. Of course, there are people that like stealth play, but it's not the majority.

    If the devs were to put focus on stealth, they would lose more players than gain new ones.

    I'd prefer that.

    Looping was not part of Dead by Daylight for well over half a year after release. To claim that looping is a core mechanic is false. Even the devs call it an unintended way to play the game.

    Looping was not intended when the game was developed but you can't deny that looping became a core mechanic of the game. Nowadays, the devs would not say that survivors are not supposed to loop. When it comes to map changes like pallets and windows, it's about looping since it became an essential part of the game.

    You don't have to believe it but if DbD had stayed a stealth game it wouldn't have become that successful.

    You're absolutely right in saying that looping was not core for a while and not intended. Devs spent a fair amount of time boarding up windows and doors due to infinity loops or loops that took way too long to complete if they couldn't shake the killer. I miss moonlight offerings, it was one of the killer's ways to counter survivors thickening up the fog +/- claudette for making it unbelievably difficult to locate survivors.

  • DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

    @shyguyy said:
    Didn't this map have like a 34% survival rate when they showed stats a few months back? Don't we have other things we could complain about?

    This discussion has nothing to do with survival rates.

    @NoShinyPony said:

    @DocOctober said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    @powerbats said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    Looping is a core mechanic of DbD and one main aspect what makes this game unique and why so many people love this game.

    Not for everyone, but for the majority of people the chase is the fun part.

    If the devs would put more focus on stealth, this game wouldn't be DbD anymore and a lot of people would quit playing it.

    Well for some looping is the greatest but for others it's not and they could give stealth much more support so both types of players on both sides could enjoy it. I mean some killers complain about looping now but if stealthy play keeps getting whacked/not supported loopers are going to be 100% more common.

    There are Hide & Seek video games without the looping mechanic but these games are nowhere as popular as DbD. Of course, there are people that like stealth play, but it's not the majority.

    If the devs were to put focus on stealth, they would lose more players than gain new ones.

    I'd prefer that.

    Looping was not part of Dead by Daylight for well over half a year after release. To claim that looping is a core mechanic is false. Even the devs call it an unintended way to play the game.

    Looping was not intended when the game was developed but you can't deny that looping became a core mechanic of the game. Nowadays, the devs would not say that survivors are not supposed to loop. When it comes to map changes like pallets and windows, it's about looping since it became an essential part of the game.

    You don't have to believe it but if DbD had stayed a stealth game it wouldn't have become that successful.

    I disagree completely. It would have attracted a different audience and I'm sure that even if the number was lower, it would be a less toxic one.

    And the devs made that statement about looping very recently.

  • Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 4,094

    @tt_ivi_99 said:
    The only not mindgame-able loops (which I assume you think about the "line of sight loops") are found on Autohaven and they can be mindgamed by ussing the killer's power.

    Yh some pallets can spawn pretty near to each other and I think they should get the same treatment as hooks on the 2.5.0 update but other than that I wouldnt reduce the number.

    Edit:
    About that "braindead-easy and requires no skill" comment... Try hidding your light by moonwalking, stand still facing the pallet when line of sight is broken or be decisive when ussing your killer power.
    Seriously, It aint that hard to end chases sooner if you're facing a looper.

    not mindgamable pallets, also called "god pallets" are a thing. these are pallets where the killer can not catch up to the survivor, unless he breaks the pallet.
    here some examples:
    the shack pallet
    the cowtree pallet
    the pallets in the elementary schools basement
    the pallets next to the bathroom at the meatplant
    the pallets behind the staircases at the meatplant
    the pallets in the basements in haddonfield and springwood

    these are the ones i could think of asap. im sure there are more though.

  • JJRULEZ159JJRULEZ159 Member Posts: 27

    @Mister_xD said:

    @tt_ivi_99 said:
    The only not mindgame-able loops (which I assume you think about the "line of sight loops") are found on Autohaven and they can be mindgamed by ussing the killer's power.

    Yh some pallets can spawn pretty near to each other and I think they should get the same treatment as hooks on the 2.5.0 update but other than that I wouldnt reduce the number.

    Edit:
    About that "braindead-easy and requires no skill" comment... Try hidding your light by moonwalking, stand still facing the pallet when line of sight is broken or be decisive when ussing your killer power.
    Seriously, It aint that hard to end chases sooner if you're facing a looper.

    not mindgamable pallets, also called "god pallets" are a thing. these are pallets where the killer can not catch up to the survivor, unless he breaks the pallet.
    here some examples:
    the shack pallet
    the cowtree pallet
    the pallets in the elementary schools basement
    the pallets next to the bathroom at the meatplant
    the pallets behind the staircases at the meatplant
    the pallets in the basements in haddonfield and springwood

    these are the ones i could think of asap. im sure there are more though.

    you forgot the one in the long hallway on lery's. I'd have shack over that one in terms of safeness any day.

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

    @JJRULEZ159 said:

    you forgot the one in the long hallway on lery's. I'd have shack over that one in terms of safeness any day.

    You're referring to the one that's really narrow and you've got to break the pallet if not Nurse/Legion in Frenzy to get past right?

  • JJRULEZ159JJRULEZ159 Member Posts: 27

    @powerbats said:

    @JJRULEZ159 said:

    you forgot the one in the long hallway on lery's. I'd have shack over that one in terms of safeness any day.

    You're referring to the one that's really narrow and you've got to break the pallet if not Nurse/Legion in Frenzy to get past right?

    correct.

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

    @JJRULEZ159 said:

    @powerbats said:

    @JJRULEZ159 said:

    you forgot the one in the long hallway on lery's. I'd have shack over that one in terms of safeness any day.

    You're referring to the one that's really narrow and you've got to break the pallet if not Nurse/Legion in Frenzy to get past right?

    correct.

    Yeah that one I'd like to see get tweaked some so there's a shortcut but not too short of a cut that allows killers access but they've still got to work for it. Since even the shack still has a window there and the others do have other ways of getting around them.

  • NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,355

    @DocOctober said:

    @shyguyy said:
    Didn't this map have like a 34% survival rate when they showed stats a few months back? Don't we have other things we could complain about?

    This discussion has nothing to do with survival rates.

    @NoShinyPony said:

    @DocOctober said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    @powerbats said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    Looping is a core mechanic of DbD and one main aspect what makes this game unique and why so many people love this game.

    Not for everyone, but for the majority of people the chase is the fun part.

    If the devs would put more focus on stealth, this game wouldn't be DbD anymore and a lot of people would quit playing it.

    Well for some looping is the greatest but for others it's not and they could give stealth much more support so both types of players on both sides could enjoy it. I mean some killers complain about looping now but if stealthy play keeps getting whacked/not supported loopers are going to be 100% more common.

    There are Hide & Seek video games without the looping mechanic but these games are nowhere as popular as DbD. Of course, there are people that like stealth play, but it's not the majority.

    If the devs were to put focus on stealth, they would lose more players than gain new ones.

    I'd prefer that.

    Looping was not part of Dead by Daylight for well over half a year after release. To claim that looping is a core mechanic is false. Even the devs call it an unintended way to play the game.

    Looping was not intended when the game was developed but you can't deny that looping became a core mechanic of the game. Nowadays, the devs would not say that survivors are not supposed to loop. When it comes to map changes like pallets and windows, it's about looping since it became an essential part of the game.

    You don't have to believe it but if DbD had stayed a stealth game it wouldn't have become that successful.

    I disagree completely. It would have attracted a different audience and I'm sure that even if the number was lower, it would be a less toxic one.

    Nah, you don't disagree completely, we agree on a couple of points: Looping wasn't intended when DbD was developed. If it had stayed a stealth game, it would have a attracted other players and a lesser number of players in total.

    What we don't agree on is the question what is more fun: stealth or looping. And to that question, there is no objective answer, of course. You prefer stealth, I prefer looping, that's just how it is. No hard feelings. :)

  • JJRULEZ159JJRULEZ159 Member Posts: 27

    @powerbats said:

    @JJRULEZ159 said:

    @powerbats said:

    @JJRULEZ159 said:

    you forgot the one in the long hallway on lery's. I'd have shack over that one in terms of safeness any day.

    You're referring to the one that's really narrow and you've got to break the pallet if not Nurse/Legion in Frenzy to get past right?

    correct.

    Yeah that one I'd like to see get tweaked some so there's a shortcut but not too short of a cut that allows killers access but they've still got to work for it. Since even the shack still has a window there and the others do have other ways of getting around them.

    maybe just like another room that makes it so that you can mind game it as killer, like its still a safe pallet, but if the survivor misplays then they get hit.

Sign In or Register to comment.