Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Does anyone enjoy playing DBD in its current state?

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,079

I'm not enjoying it. Even Demogorgon, my beloved, can't make me play the game. Killer has become tedious and annoying, while Survivor is just boring

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,295

Game stopped being fun for me a long time ago.

Killer

Gens go by to quickly

Have to play a top tier killer to stand a chance

Survivor

Gameplay is boring same thing over and over again

Meta doesn't change

Camping and tunneling is out of control but a must for most killers

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 1,674
    edited March 3

Nope, so I don't play anymore.

Survivor is boring, killer is at the mercy of the survivors except for 2-3, none of which I enjoy.

Not 100% when it started, but I know the breaking point for me and those I personally know were boons. We all switched to survivor, then got bored and just quit the game. Map "reworks" just basically being "here's a ton of pallets and breakable walls" didn't help either.

For many I hear MMR was a very big turn off. I think MMR just further exposed the problems that were already there, so the game isn't any different, its flaws are just more visible. MMR or not, all the balance problems are still there.

SBMM and the matchmaking definitely need to be improved or reworked however.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • MrPeanutbutterMrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 948

I’m like many others who have replied - not enjoying it as much as I used to. The devs have tilted the balance of the game so much in favor of strong SWF teams that playing killer against them is incredibly unfun and frustrating, at least for a casual player like me. That’s not to say that I don’t have still have fun matches, but it seems to depend a lot on the time of day I play (sweaty SWF teams being much more prevalent at night in my time zone).

On the survivor side, solo q is miserable most of the time, so I will only play if I can pull in another friend or two. The main frustration with playing survivor is that SBMM is effectively useless during the evenings when queue times are super long, so I usually get matched against god-level killers or brand new killer players.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,296
    edited March 3

It feels like for every 1 thing bhvr gets right they get 2 things wrong.

I don't miss old legion. Stabbing someone and walking backwards, following the blood trail until they bleed out. Or double mending add ons. However, I think I miss old Freddy.

They got rid of omega blink nurse and 4x blink nurse, cool. Then they added a cd to her blinks. Making her even more punishing if you screw up -.-

Old MoM should have never been introduced to the game. A ton of people said that's going to break the game. They changed it but now the perk is now useless.

I love the reworks to bt+ds. I feel both perks are in a good spot. I do not like the rework to ruin. I know people will disagree with me. That's fine, that's your opinion. I miss old ruin. Also old undying.

Why did Billy's chainsaw get an overheat mechanic? Seriously. Billy was considered one of the most balanced killers once tinkered was reworked. Why drastically change what was working? Haven't you heard of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

I do not miss insta syringes yet we now have to deal with coh?

Breakable walls sounded like a good idea but poorly implemented. Now it's just another thing killer has to break or else a loop becomes an infinite.

We finally got skill based match making. Then we found out it's only looking at escapes or kills. The old pip system was better than this.

• Nun_So_VileNun_So_Vile Member Posts: 591
    edited March 3

All great points. Just wanted to add to your COH point and piggyback my frustration about how they introduce Boon perks like COH AND then nerf Hex: Thrill of the Hunt into the ground so that Boon gameplay can be even stronger.

• AlohaSnacBarAlohaSnacBar Member Posts: 64

I play a game or two fairly rarely. The game just took turns to which I just couldn't enjoy anymore for both sides honestly. Solo q is the #1 killer in this game. Playing killer feels pretty miserable because solo q miserable so swfs are fairly common. And they're just trying to have fun (however that is for them) then the killers not having fun. Lol I just really don't envy the dev's.

And it sucks to see that buffs to good perks can easily get abused by swf. So then solo once again suffers.

• Farshad7913Farshad7913 Member Posts: 58

Around 15k steam players don't like DBD in it's current state

• JacksonWiseJacksonWise Member Posts: 635

I still enjoy it most of the time, but I find myself playing it less and less. CoH is really unfun to go against as killer, especially if they're a SWF.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,578

I usually have a pretty good time on either side just trying to bang out dailies and tome challenges.

I generally don't care how my matches go and perform pretty well on a consistent basis.

• SmoeSmoe Member Posts: 486

I've always enjoyed dbd, don't see that changing even to this day.

• shelobstershelobster Member Posts: 252

I stopped enjoying DBD when MMR was introduced.

• KurriKurri Member Posts: 1,599

Not really. Though hopeful for a better future.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,872

I still enjoy the game.

I think the game does have potential to expand on its formula. Two things that come to mind immediately are:

1) The ability to interact with map environment more, to make chases more fun.

2) Updating things like the bloodweb by getting rid of tiers on perks. There are so many perks now that one has to wonder if tiers are indeed needed. Things that would make the grind feel a bit lighter.

• MadotsukiMadotsuki Member Posts: 3

I only open the game once a month and have about 2-4 matches on survivor/killer, depending on how I'm feeling. They're usually fun, but then I see something that reminds me why I stopped playing and I take another hiatus. All I really do now is watch other content creators.

That being said, for me, the current meta feels awful to play against on both sides. Not enjoying it at all. Would rather take old MoM over this.

• WishIcouldmainWishIcouldmain Member Posts: 3,960

Personally it’s fine for me disappointment comes from the potential for it to be so much better

• spinodemdemspinodemdem Member Posts: 56

Someone enjoys dead by daylight?

Dbd just feels like a chore at this point, even demogorgon cant get me to play, only SOMETIMES ghostface caught on tape addon can force into 2 games at maximum, then im off to do rift challenges to give myself more charms for my hooks,i honestly dont even care if i win or not,just do the rift challenges,and maybe bring devour hope and hide it until 5 stacks,sure behaviour,you can make skins,im not buying them until you revert the dead hard change that actually made you actually not get a hit,i dont want to use a vpn and teleport myself to china to bypass dead hard and pallet loops

• Erd69Erd69 Member Posts: 221

Dude the game is just unbalanced even without mmr. You were gonna have boring matches anyway.

• SwampofferingSwampoffering Member Posts: 384

False.

Before MMR Killers used to have 1 or 2 hard matches (Against godlike SWF or Bully squads) every 10 played. The Game was unbalanced as now, but was by far more funny to play both roles.

What do we have now? You win 2 games and Next 6-7 are omega squads genrushers, click click sabo squads, Boil over and x4 hook offerings squads and every Game is a pain, we must run meta perks instead of our personal build and turns omega boring.

I used to play Chase builds with Bamboozle + Endurance + Brutal + BBQ for points, Now if I use this build i get genrushed every match before I get 3 hooks.

Look top tier players, all of them uses 4 anti gen perks or endgame builds with ni way out and noed, the entire build is around avoid genrush or accepting that you Will get rushed and your Game starts after 5 gen repairs...... and that is boring as fk.

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,879

I still enjoy DBD actually. But ever since Tricksters release, it has not been as enjoyable as it used to be.

• NathyP11NathyP11 Member Posts: 120

I agree the unbalance was still there but the squads wasn't always. Now you have to run pretty much a set build on each killer to compete.

• NVerdeNVerde Member Posts: 264

The issue I think the Devs have in maintaining balance in this game is that it's not a case of Killer Vs Survivor, as you have Killer, SWF and Solo Q that all need to be balanced - if you buff Killer to balance against SWF, you disproportionately nerf Solo Q.

I feel like there a lots of small QoL changes they could make that would buff Solo Q without buffing SWF at all, and then Killer could be buffed/Survivor overall could be nerfed and it would be a more balanced game overall.

For example, the big advantage SWF has over Solo is comms and map awareness. Wouldn't it be easy enough to add a small icon on the survivor portrait to indicate what they are currently doing (i.e. on a gen, being chased, in a locker, healing someone) so the team has a bit more info on what their teammates are currently doing? There's never going to be the same level of coordination as with a SWF group but it would definitely be helpful.

Additionally, there could be some way of flagging to your teammates that you are intending to go for the hook rescue, or intending to create a distraction, so everyone knows. So much of Solo Q is just doing what you think you should be in complete ignorance of what everyone else on your team is doing, so it makes any sort of teamwork completely accidental most of the time.

I also think there could be some nerfs to some killer perks that disproportionately affect Solo Q - just for example, I think Franklin's Demise is pretty unfair as far as killer perks go, because typically if you lose your item it's not that easy to recover it whereas in SWF you can tell one of your teammates to pick it up and bring it back to you. Fairer would be disable the use of an item for X amount of time rather than drop it completely for example.

Equally, there could then be some nerfs or reworks to perks that are seen as unfair by killers when SWF use them, but are close to useless for Solo Q - can't think of any examples off the top of my head but we're in that weird situation where the meta is stale because the moment a perk is seen as viable for Survivor, it gets abused by SWF to the point it gets nerfed and then it's no longer viable for anyone which means the meta never changes.

Regarding something like CoH which seems to be a big complaint from Killers, what if it had charges, or a duration after which point it reverts to being a dull totem or breaks?

Just some random thoughts. I still have fun playing this game but appreciate it's not been for as long as some of you, but I do think there are some ways to even things around for all sides to make for a more fun experience. Forcing killers to camp/tunnel isn't fun for anyone and if a game isn't fun, what is it even for?

The focus should be on tiles and gen speed tbh. Mmr will continue to be mmr but fixing the game unbalances will be good for the game

Not true simply because otz and Scott jund say you don't go against a swf every game and that the game is pretty balanced if you just look at your mistakes and get good

• SwampofferingSwampoffering Member Posts: 384

Aha

* Scott stop playing and he told on the video that he was boring of playing Allways the same,even worse after MMR release.

* Otz is just a streamer that never blame devs for their awful work, never complain about Bugs, never give feedback on fogs whisperers discord because he is affraid of loosing his status as True or Dowsey did, so please, do not use that coward as example of nothing. He can say whatever he wants, is a person with zero credibility for me since he choosed auric cells instead of improving the Game :) same as I told about my spanish Fogs, both of them are cowards with zero credibility so...

• Tricksters_WifeTricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

I still love the game to death despite the flaws of the game :)

• cluxdxcluxdx Member Posts: 128

Yes to an extent, but only in moderation when I'm playing with Mad Grit/Agitation and dodge tons of lobbies until I get a squad that doesn't look like mega-sweats, or when I'm playing Blight (my main) and going for crazy scoot surfs and 180s.

Otherwise it feels like hell, and it's the reason I went from 2 hours per day every day to just a few games per week.

• Bob9Bob9 Member Posts: 20

Nah, the game's completely unbalanced on killers side, matchmaking is broken, the amount of toxicity makes me wanna throw the keyboard out the window, the amount of griding is as horrible as everything else. This game is fun when you start it and heard how to play from your friend that sweats the game and get first ez wins. Then, you're the one being stomped cause of crappy matchmaking.

I mostly played killer btw.