Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Why does prestige exist?

Comments

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,115

Given the amount of grind we need right now, I'd rather spend 50level worth of BP for just prestige and nothing else than resetting entire blood web.

• DbD_EnjoyerDbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 458

It exists to separate US from the CASUALS!

In other words, its the difference between a DbD Enjoyer and a DbD Average Player.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,403

The prestige rewards are junk imo. I've only maxed Jake because there is a trophy for reaching max prestige with a character. Could do with better prestige challenges / rewards.

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 5,346

It is kinda like trap especially for new players and completionists. I genuinely thought I would get noticeable benefits in my bloodwebs when I first started and prestiged my character.

I never do it anymore since I don't like the looks and there is absolutely no benefit. Totally pointless unless you like the cosmetics.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,090
    edited March 16

Cuz apex is a free to play game, all free to play games give away much more rewards trying to keep players in the games. And dbd still gives almost the same amount of free rewards as apex does even though apex is a free to play game. Also honestly apex reward system sucks pretty hard and most outfits you get look like ######### there.

my man! however you need atleast devotion 15 to reach the peak.

• PaozillaPaozilla Member Posts: 60

Prestige is so pointless, feels like an outdated part of the game that made more sense when there were less survivors and killers.

The fact you lose everything in exchange for a cosmetic and slightly more rare addons showing up in the bloodweb (depending on the killer this could be a bad thing) is just ridiculous.

They've said there's something in the works for prestige but until we know what that is the current one is all we got and it sucks.

• loopsahoyloopsahoy Member Posts: 337

The fact that you've played the game for that long doesn't scare me it makes me sad for you. Wow. This game? 5 years? Over any other game?

I don't want elitist talk in my discussions. It's a distasteful argument to have.

edited March 16

A meme format doesn't help that talk. I enjoy dbd. I love the game! I support it In lots of ways , and keep my cool when playing. Grind is really one of the only problems I have with the game.

• DbD_EnjoyerDbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 458

I actually have been playing MUCH less since 2.0, game just became worse and worse with each update...

It doesn't help that this game should be Free to play, but it can't because of the hacker problem. Im glad the devs are at least trying to find a way o make the game files secure.

• VlarianVlarian Member Posts: 119

Prestige is made so that 7 months of grind turns into 3 years of grind

• FeelsBadManFeelsBadMan Member Posts: 494

Whenever I prestige a character I try to take ONLY brown and yellow stuff from the bloodweb. I also immediately prestige again upon hitting 50. Reaching prestige 3 is easy and takes maybe a day or 2, depending how much killer games I play (more bps than survivor).

It's the grind after reaching p3 to get ALL the perks which takes a stupid amount of time and points.

• Entity_Lich94Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 314

Before cosmetics came into the game I used to do it, afterwards there's pretty much no point. I think one of the devs did confirm it does increase the chance of getting better items and addons buts it's so miniscule its not worth it

• SimfelizSimfeliz Member Posts: 2,131

Why does that make you sad? If someone enjoys something what is wrong with that?

Never said dbd should be free 2 play but I agree hackers are a huge problem sadly.

• StarrseedStarrseed Member Posts: 950

I have one char at p3 and I would fckn hate if they change anything about the system now. Not because I want to gate keep but I did it I leveld the char to 50 three times and I sacrificed my perks and startet new every time. If they make it like last time and the p3 stuff we have no is locked when the new system comes I am fine. I. Mean think about it if there where an achievement for playing 500.games with the same killer without addons and perks so you get an outfit and half a year later new player demand to get the same stuff but want to use perks and bhvr goes with it you would feel #########

But those are entirely different things, and to be fair that achievement is too tough. That requires way more commitment than p3 50, In which if getting p3 50 is the same as getting level 150 why not take the better deal? You are trying to make a challenge that would take a long commitment to leveling to level p3 50 .

Oh I didn't mean that as an replacement I just used it as an example. If the current p3 sucks because it's to much to lose you stuff over and over for you I totally get it it is a hassle I was trying to say if they change something they should make new cosmetics and lock the current ones like they did with the old prestige stuff

• NamelessNameless Member Posts: 826

At this point, prestiging really is just for the die hard fans who are willing to spend an extra 1k hours in prestiging their characters alone. There's no benefits to it and honestly, in the current state of the game in regards to the grind, it makes perfect sense.

The grind just needs fixing, but hey lucky us, the devs acknowledged the grind being an issue a couple of years back when they first made some small bloodweb changes. Give it a year or 2 and they'll figure that maybe, just maybe, the grind is taking its toll on newer players more than the OG's. They might just do something about it!

Yeah they Said something about it, and I do have about 1350 hours but I haven't been able to prestige due to needing teachables. It's not just presteiging, it's getting the perks after it, and altogether that took me about 600 hours of playing cluadette to p3 50 and get those perks alone. It's too much grind and In the current state of the game, i don't think it makes sense at all. If prestige was replaced with leveling to level 150 and receiving p3 50 outfits instead of starting over three times you can gain three times more of progress before you max a characters level compared to level 50. It would also mean less time required to actually prestige, because they could make every level be as if it was for level 20 up until level 50, 35 up until level 100, and 50 up until 150. That sounds like the best idea to allow people to get perks because every level is going to offer up 1 perk or more per bloodweb. They could even make it to where perks you haven't unlocked yet on that character have a higher chance of appearing. That sounds perfect to cater to new players and old players who don't have the will to prestige because of the benefit it lacks.

And I don't see the point. This would be the same amount of work without losing all your progress. Legacy ( what you meant by old presteige) was only token away because they remade bloodwebs entirely. Level 10 on those bloodwebs looked like what level 50 is today. This is the same bloodweb just extended and gaining more bloodweb space everytime you get to level 50 again plus the bloody outfit. I don't really think they can make another great item for free like bloody outfits and I think it's a good one to keep. I don't think they can make anymore outfits without degrading it compared to bloody outfits.

Also, I have heard that along with new things for presteige there is grind reduction in the works. We will h ave to wait and see what's up for mid chapter and the anniversary event.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,740

I think you want prestige cosmetics without prestiging.

So it's another difficulty. Doing it without losing all your stuff is harder then keeping every thing.

Of course , because prestige spent belong in this game. It was fine when there were less than 15 characters, now. There are over 45, sorry, but I don't have time for that if I'm going to lose all my stuff. Presteige for 45 characters is a process that us over 1000 hours worth of playtime just to get them, so why not be able to get more value out of that by keeping your perks? It's ridiculous at this point with almost 50 characters.

How is it more difficult to be able to level faster at the beginning with less variety but then get more stuff after you level a character more? Plus level 20 still offers a perk every bloodweb. I wouldn't even care if they made the entity spawn at the beginning of a bloodweb at level 1 / 150. That's just a way to make it easier to not have to spend points kn things you don't want. Presteiging isn't healthy for the game because it gatekeeps completionists and people who want to level their characters by taking away things that they usually need because of how important perks are.