Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is camping and tunneling now staple in killer matches?

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,018

Splitting up on gens is the fastest way to finish Generators. It sounds to me like you just don't know how to play efficiently

• unluckycombounluckycombo Member Posts: 582

...I hate to break it to you, but the the first like... four things you listed here are things you can usually easily play around and or can just get Survivors outright killed if they aren't playing well themselves. Like, looping is practically a core gameplay mechanic at this point (If I remember correctly, they teach you about throwing pallets at least in the tutorial nowadays). Pallet Stuns can be avoided depending on the Survivor and loop- like pallet camping can still sometimes get you a hit through the stun, respecting denies a stun, and baiting pallet saves is easy and can get free hits. Flashlight blinds don't effect what you can hear, and you can avoid saves by staring at walls or, again, baiting them out. Body blocks require coordination to get good value out of, and I'd argue that one depends on the scenario for counterplay. (In the same way I would argue that Gen Rushing is in a weird spot, because of the Killer's potential to snowball later in the match.)

Plus, making the experience unfun for someone else doesn't change anything. If anything, it just increases the amount of people who start doing things like run all meta perks or holding W instead of actually looping, because they think if they don't, they're going to get camped/tunneled. Or they're going to just stop playing the game. (Like, no one wants to get facecamped/tunneled out at 5 gens left, in the same way no one wants to get harrassed in end-game chat.) Two wrongs don't make a right, and encouraging the continuation of the playstyle isn't good for either Killers or Survivors.

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,118

I get complaining about body blocking, but loops and pallet stuns? What do you want, for survivors to just keel over and die the moment you spot them?

• Nikatara69Nikatara69 Member Posts: 255

This game overall started to be a waste off time. Sad...

Dude, CoH is not a problem, but people in game!!! Yezzz. Many times I have playing against tunnelers and campers and were no CoH at all. So perk is not guilty but huge amount off new come noobs aka new players here. People are the main reason why this game going to hell

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,969

The devs are why the game is going to pot. Players can only do what the devs allow. Camping/tunneling are good strategies in the lower ranks, because they work. As soon as survivors gain some map and loop knowledge, both lose effectiveness. Input a perk that forces it, however, and it just brings it back among all ranks.

• TostapaneTostapane Member Posts: 792

there's a way to eliminate camping and tunneling but devs won't care about this: make those 2 strategies ineffective and gave more bonuses/incentives for people who do mixed hooks (for example every time that you hook someone that wasn't the last hooked survivor, generators will freeze for a certain amount of time, while people who camp will have their hook teleported elsewhere). in the same manner survivors shouldn't be allowed to keep working on generators when the killer is just straight up behind them or they are chasing in that zone ("tunneling" generators). before someone will say that this is different, well, it isn't. think about it: both sides have goals that must accomplish, if you complain about tunneling you cannot complain about genrush and vice versa

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 2,771

Sometimes Survivors do it to themselfs.

I had a match with a Nurse (Not my favorite killer btw, I am not good with her), I want to hook a Survivor and leave for a new one. These guys started to swarm my hooks, running around me while I carry someone, while I am trying to leave, etc. Like 2+ people around me and all I want is to just leave...

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,866

Right. So with Deadlock if you are splitting gens doesn't work b/c it blocks each gen (30 seconds) back to back buying the killer more time to camp (I.E. have enough time) to camp the next person.

Sounds to me like you don't understand how perks work.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,554

Camping at 5 gens, not at 5 gens, what's the big difference?

edited March 31

Splitting up counters Deadlock because it only blocks the Generator with the most progress. If multiple Generators are being worked on, Deadlock isn't going to buy much time.

Once again, it seems like you don't know how to play efficiently

Post edited by ThatOneDemoPlayer on
  • AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Only if people are waiting between each gen being completed, if all 4 survivors started each repairing a gen at the same time, then 1 would be completed, 2 would get blocked, but 3 and 4 could complete while 2 is blocked. Happens all the time.

We're currently discussing Deadlock being used while camping.

4 Survivors being on gens would be impossible.

Pretty much.

More realistic would be:

Gens 1 and 3 get done before the first Hook.

Survivor gets hooked.

Gen 2 gets done once the Survivor remains on the Hook for about ~30 to 45 seconds.

Then 4 gets popped as the Survivor gets rescued.

Gen 5 gets popped once Killer gets their second Hook

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Your absolutely right. Killers get a whole new set of perks every single patch with 1 or 2 of them becoming meta or at least usable. But god forbid that survivors get anything and the killers will come on here and whine and cry until it's removed.

I play both sides but the blatant killer-sidedness of these forums is almost comical. Think about it. Every single patch, killers get several usuable perks and usually at least one meta perk. However, survivors have only had 2 f*cking meta perks in the last 4 years. Circle of Healing and Windows of Opportunity. Not a SINGLE meta perk in between.

And killers are doing their hardiest to get the only new meta perk survivors have had since June 2018 removed from the game.

It's like 2 brothers in a family, the golden-child gets a Ferrari every year while the other sibling hopes the family doesn't give his honda accord he got in June 2018 away to his brother.

• JeanCharpentierJeanCharpentier Member Posts: 370

Camping and tunneling is the only viable option for killers if they play to win, especially at a good level. If they don't do it they get a gen rush.

Devs have never addressed the game design to allow better gameplay interactions between the killer and the survivors so the gameplay is now frustrating for bot hsides 90% of the time.

• No one cares. Still going to happen. Play something else

edited March 31

At first I thought "every single patch" was just a typing error, then you repeated the exact same claim again. Not only is that not even remotely true. (Nobody's getting a new perk every single patch, much less a new set) it really shows your own mindset. Don't even have to go that far back, patch 5.3.0 didn't have a single killer perk. That was 5 months ago. I'm not even counting the countless bug fix patches in this either, which make your claim even more ridiculous. If you want to talk about bias, maybe examine your own first.

• MissBehavingXMissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

Bruh, this. Before boons were a thing, I remember after each chapter being "oh, survivor perks are ok but i dont think i'll use them much... damn killers got really good perks" and moved on. When boons got implemented i finally said that it might be worth using, then back to nothing really interesting or truly useful, even the new boon, the speed boost is barely helpful, I rarely see it used. Killers keep getting super useful perks every time, most if not all their perks in the last chapter are super good. And yeah, unfortunately most of the threads in this forum are complaints against survivor perks. I made a thread saying the scourge hook+DMS meta was boring to see match after match, and they said that survivors meta is more boring because we use the same perks over and over... have they stopped to think why? cause most people find the other perks not useful (I say most people because I, and im sure other people like me never use DH, DS, BT,UB, whatever they say is OP) but isnt it damn sad that we just get filler perks that work ok but not good enough to want it in our build? Then we get ONE perk that most survivors find useful after all these years and they want it gone.

• MissBehavingXMissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

LOL support my claim lmao my bad im out of fresh trapper scientific researches. Just because the killer is slow at the beginning of the game doesn't mean he can't get kills in those maps. That map has MANY default vaults and pallets that you can strategically trap or lure to a nearby trap, 2 (or 3? i forgot) houses have default pallets, killer shack and the main building is full of default pallets and one default vault.

A trapper main replied to you as well, you should read it.

• camden_cowboy_emojicamden_cowboy_emoji Member Posts: 21

I mean that’s the problem, you said it yourself, there’s lots of resources on that map, trapper doesn’t have the capacities to deal with a map like that. Also could you link what this trapper main said to me since I don’t see anything.

edited March 31

Don't waste your time on someone that thinks Hex: Huntress Lullaby is useful

I should clarify, every killer release patch, I would assume that was implied since no one receives perks on non-killer release patch. Here, Let me list them for you.

1. Onyro - Merciless Storm (Scourge Hook: Floods of Pain is a very usuable perk)
    2. Patch 5.5 - Dead Man's Switch (Got buffed into a meta perk and not even a Killer release patch)
    3. Artist - Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance
    4. Pinhead - Deadlock, Hex: Plaything
    5. Nemesis - Lethal Pursuer
    6. Trickster - Starstruck
    7. Twins - Didn't really get a meta perk but I like Oppression a lot.
    8. Blight - Undying

I can keep going down the list of killers if you want but I think you see my point. In that entire time, survivors got Circle of Healing, the only fresh new meta changing perk in 4 years. Kate Densen, with Windows of Opportunity is 9 more killers back, while Killers meta has been fresh and changing that entire time.

So your issue is that new killers come with perks? Most of those aren't meta, and Undying isn't anything like it was on release. Last few survivors have also all gotten good perks. From boon: shadow step and CoH, to flash grenades that can be made almost at will. And let's not forget exponential, which is UB on steroids, and corrective action, which literally stops potato teammates from giving your position away, and it seems lately both sides are eating well at the perk buffet.

Oh whatever, killer-players once again screw survivors over. Congratulate yourselves on destroying the only meta perk survivors have gotten in the last 4 years. Glad the developers cater to you all like lapdogs.

All those perks you mentioned are crap and you know it.