Home Dead by Daylight Forums Matchmaking Tests March 31

Matchmaking As Killer.

ReviloDBDReviloDBD Member Posts: 529

I appreciate that you guys are doing tests trying to figure out a better matchmaking system than before, so I would like to provide some constructive feedback if possible.

I already created a much more detailed post about it on the general discussion forum, however, I would like to keep it simple here.

I have played DBD spread out over the last 3 evenings, I am a DBD player of 4+ years and a Killer Main that used to stay Rank 1 RED back in the old system.

I agree with most people that Killer has become more difficult to play once MMR and the "new system" was put in place, however, I have grown used to it and it has been acceptable for me and still fun to play.

I have went from being a 4K average killer, to a 2K average killer with the MMR system that has been in place. I am okay with being a 2K average killer, and that is what I am used to expecting now.

OKAY -

Since these Matchmaking "Adjustments" that we are testing, I don't know what is going on, but my Last 30 Matches in a Row have all been around 80% 0K / 20% 1K..

I have been getting ONLY 0-1K matches these past few nights, mostly 0K and 4 escape. EVERY single Survivor team that I face, over and over again, seem to be hardcore Top 10% godlike survivors that know the game inside out and make it look EASY.

I wouldn't mind if I had just a few matches like this, but 30 IN A ROW.. that's too much

Whatever this new matchmaking direction is, it scares me, because having that many hard losses in a row will discourage any Killer player to be honest, so I really hope that it either goes back to the normal previous MMR system (which was quite frankly MUCH easier and better / more fair in my opinion) or gets tweaked quite significantly, because as of now it is a step in the wrong direction.

I have never felt so defeated in all 4+ years of playing DBD as Killer as I just have these last few nights, and I must say that it doesn't feel very good.. it has actually made me come to the Forums and make posts and complain about it, which is not something that I am used to doing and wasn't something that I ever did when they changed the MMR system the last time.

I would like to be constructive, and the simplest thing I can tell you is that I am a fairly experienced player and whatever this is will not work for me, it is WAY too hard and difficult to play killer against these Survivors.

Thank you for hearing/reading my thoughts! Good luck getting it right!

Comments

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 3,059

I have went from being a 4K average killer, to a 2K average killer with the MMR system that has been in place. I am okay with being a 2K average killer, and that is what I am used to expecting now.

I commend you for being so level-headed and fairness-oriented.

As for your experience with the test, if it was so extreme, you should make sure your opinion is voiced in the official thread where the devs are more likely to notice it. The whole point of an mmr system is to have balanced matches and nobody should be walking into a game knowing they stand no chance.

• AcelynnBenAcelynnBen Member Posts: 593

Honestly i don't even expect any kills these days

but at least just give me a chance to play, like what's the point of doing 4 gens while the killer haven't even found a single survivor

• ReviloDBDReviloDBD Member Posts: 529

Oh I thought I was posting in the appropriate place, sorry! If there is better I should post there.

This absolutely happened to me last night, well similar, it wasn't even a very long chase but by the time I downed one single survivor they had already popped 3 gens, and somehow had others already being worked on lol

• AcelynnBenAcelynnBen Member Posts: 593

and then they ask why every killer is complaining and nobody wants to play killer

• LivanoLivano Member Posts: 1

Today my qeu time was about 1to 2 minutes however i have played since 2017 have 4k hours on both sides and i can say today has bin extremely unbalenced as a killer i only get1 kill per match used to be 3to4 and as a survivor i destroy any killer i come across even is solo