Home Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues PC
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/

Basement bug with patch 2.5.0 - once you enter you can never leave

malloryexemalloryexe Member Posts: 7

My friend is experiencing a bug with this new patch where every time he enters the basement, he just lags back in it and cannot escape. This happens virtually every match we've played and isn't ping related (everythign is fine until he enters the basement). Please take a look ASAP

https://clips.twitch.tv/ZanySpicyWrenVoHiYo

Comments

• not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 1,115

Thanks. Did you try interacting with anything in the basement?

• malloryexemalloryexe Member Posts: 7

yes, the chest. Interacting with anything in game seems to just put you back to the basement

• vaindilvaindil Member Posts: 34

Yeah, this was definitely reported during the PTB, surprised it went live.

Forgot to put this in my last comment, but here's a timestamp in Zubat's current stream where it happened: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/368171027?t=32m09s

• RastiRasti Member Posts: 2

Same happened to me, heres some footage of the teleporting, with a nice death in the end at 2:22

• Causticwit75Causticwit75 Member Posts: 32

That was happening to me on PTB with no lag indicated on either side. It completely resembled being lagswitched.

• aquariuselessaquariuseless Member Posts: 1

i have the same issue. i think it has something to do with the chest , if you cant open it youll get the bug. i cant m1 anything at all. i couldnt do gens, unhook or heal anyone. even vaulting windows and dropping pallets doesnt work at all. but i found out if you try to jump in a locker it actually stops and u wont teleport in the basement again and you can m1/vault again. (didnt record that tho) but heres a video as well:

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,498

I've heard this is happening to people with uncapped FPS. I have no idea if that's true though.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 7,235

We've now put this under known issues on the patch notes and are investigating it further.

• Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 579
    edited January 2019

Few videos of this bug;

Short video with chest and locker bug with the basement,

Full game where I cannot leave the basement after attempting to open the chest. Only contains the bug, nothing else.

Full game with weird teleportation when attempting to enter a locker in the basement. Only has the bug in the first minutes of the game.

Full game with locker issues which teleported me back into basement only once on each locker interaction. Contains the bug more than once during the game.

More information about the bug:

• Does not always happen.
    • Can happen with lockers and chest in the basement where both actions are denied until you interact successfully with something else in the basement (usually a locker) - and if you interact with chest to cause the bug you are unable to leave the basement and perform vaults or other actions, however tapping a generator works for 1 action point on each click.
    • When the bug happens you can no longer enter some of the lockers in the basement, never seems to affect all lockers inside basement.

Seems to be a weird desync issue maybe?

I have no idea if other survivors sees the movement as the bug victim sees things, no idea about the killer either.
    Anyone want to add me for bug testing in KYF? I don't have anyone who can help me with testing bugs.. :(

Log file attached if that contains something related to this bug.

• trendyfartknockertrendyfartknocker Member Posts: 43

Chiming in to report the same issue. Video below.

https://streamable.com/xruf1

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 7,235

@Slay___ thank you for the log file, that's really helpful. I've passed it on to be looked at.

• ErakErak Member Posts: 67

It happened to me also without using the chest. I was on Lery's and jumped throug the window that leads on the basementstairs (not in the Library) and I just was on the stairs and wanted to leave them but then ported to the basement.

• CronaWinsCronaWins Member Posts: 635

Time to let people hooked in basement die otherwise i get stuck. feelsbad.

• NoxNox Member Posts: 6

This should get fixed ASAP

• AnneliaAnnelia Member Posts: 16

I just wanna add to that that it seems like a lot of killer are running Iron Grasp + Agitation now and try to bring survivors to the basement.

• MikeyTMikeyT Member Posts: 2

Hello, I just wanted to say I was also experiencing this bug where I could not exit the basement and would be teleported back there. It would not let me interact with unhooking a player in basement or open lockers.

I noticed in two of the videos posted in this thread that the survivors both had uncapped fps. I am also pretty sure zubat has uncapped his FPS too. I also have mine uncapped. So I decided to limit my FPS to 60 and now I have played 2 games with no basement issues.

Hopefully the issue can be resolved as I enjoy playing dbd with higher frames. Thanks.

• xcelxcel Member Posts: 2

This bug appeared after 2.5.0 patch, however, I think it has something to do with the capped fps setting. I changed my setting mid-game from 100hz to 60hz refresh rate, and everything seemed to work just fine, I could open the chest and run out of the basement located in the killer shack, when reverted back to 100hz refresh the bug returned. I hope this helps as playing on 60hz refresh was stuttery.

• AnneliaAnnelia Member Posts: 16

@MikeyT said:
    Hello, I just wanted to say I was also experiencing this bug where I could not exit the basement and would be teleported back there. It would not let me interact with unhooking a player in basement or open lockers.

I noticed in two of the videos posted in this thread that the survivors both had uncapped fps. I am also pretty sure zubat has uncapped his FPS too. I also have mine uncapped. So I decided to limit my FPS to 60 and now I have played 2 games with no basement issues.

Hopefully the issue can be resolved as I enjoy playing dbd with higher frames. Thanks.

I have never uncapped my FPS and I had this issue twice yesterday while looting. Thought that the killers lagswitched and was very frustrated :( sorry, killers.

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    edited January 2019

I figured a workaround (I hope) when this happened to me I don't instantly get teleported back but can walk to lockers (if the basement is at shack for example) and spam in my case spacebar until you get into the locker and then you should be unglitched.

EDIT: It might work for pallets and windows as well but I haven't tried.

• 1reaper181reaper18 Member Posts: 15

i am also affected by this bug. Its pretty bad!!! total loss of the ability to interact and teleports back to the basement.

Don't know if more videos are still helpful, but here's a timestamp just now from Zubat's stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/368751200?t=01h11m08s

• GraviteaUKGraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

I got this on stream last night.

The weird part is you keep moving and teleporting back into the basement.

On everyone elses screen you stop moving completely.

• FURIOUSFURIOUS Member Posts: 21

With me also happened this basement bug, I went to take the flashlight of a survivor who had already died and went out of the basement, could not get out of it at all, I was always teleported back to him, could not even drop the flashlight, always buggered the animation, the only thing I could do was enter the closet to catch the attention of the killer.

https://youtu.be/T3-xPtZk-q0
    https://youtu.be/glv23gRJrM0

• AjritokaAjritoka Member Posts: 599
    edited January 2019
    I have yet to encounter this bug. I’ve saved and looted in the basement in this patch, no problem.
  • PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

@KillerRaccoon said:
    I have yet to encounter this bug. I’ve saved and looted in the basement before no problem.

People suspect it has something to do with uncapped FPS. If you haven't uncapped yours perhaps it isn't a problem.

• JachuJachu Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2019

5 mins ago I had the same problem, i couldn't unhook survivor in a basement, i couldn't leave and we lost a game, fix it asap, please