Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 5.7.0 PTB Feedback

Legion Base Frenzy Time Needs Buff

birbfakesbirbfakes Member Posts: 18

As the title says, Legion's base frenzy time needs a buff. We previously had 1.5s and 2.5s add-ons, which were removed and replaced with a 2s duration, and a 10s with a movespeed nerf.

Without a duration add-on I can struggle to get two hits together even in the open if there's any distance between two survivors. If the point of the Legion changes is to enhance the chain runs and incentivize stacking hits, the current duration counteracts that directly.

I'd say to test it with 12s-15s and see what the results are on the bigger maps. I think survivors should feel like they need to counterplay Frenzy, similar to how they have to counterplay Pinhead's box, Demo's portals, etc.

Pre-PTB I would use both Frenzy duration add-ons together for an extra 4s, and even then it felt like it was short. With the movespeed buff it's possible that the 4s would be enough, but currently without duration add-ons the likelihood of chaining 5 hits is very unlikely.

The best results I had during testing was with the 10s add-on and using the 0.3m/s add-on to make me faster, but frenzying at 4.6m/s feels terrible 😂

P.S. Also maybe rework the gen kick/wall kick as I don't think I'd ever run those other than to hear the music changes.

Comments

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 4,384
    edited April 6

Agree. Please devs. I don't want to be forced into running duration addons (if they decided to bring one back instead) so a little basekit improvement would go a long way. I feel itd give legion a lot of variety. And please combine julies and the other one.

• AdvorsusAdvorsus Member Posts: 1,018

I will say that I don't like the fact that they put the kick stuff addons on the mix tapes. Like he has a couple of bad addons, cool not a big deal compared to what it used to be. But then forcing people to run these bad addons in order to enjoy a new mechanic in the game is just bad design all around.

Idk if he needs increase duration to his base power as I haven't played the ptb version yet. But I will say that out of all the videos of watched of it, which is about 30 something videos, 0 of those people have chained together 4 hits, let alone the 5 they'd need to actually down someone. Against even average survivors that already know to split up against legion, it just doesn't happen even with the increased movement speed. Which is sad because really when you actually look at it, they just moved around a few things on his kit and gave him an add-on pass and that's it. Base kit legion is still gonna be pretty bad, but with cooler music.

• AnneBonnyAnneBonny Member Posts: 1,982

agreed, a few of the add ons could be merged or made base-kit as well, particularly the new sketchbook and frank/julie's mixtapes. legion's entire strength is chaining hits, and some maps make that genuinely impossible if survivors split up.

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 3,234
    edited April 7

name a more iconic duo than killers and having their browns being their best add-ons because of an undertuned basekit

E: also the kick stuff are okay ideas, they just need to combine the effects into one add-on.

Post edited by Bloodshade on
  • FFirebranddFFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,084

So... unless you ran Sketch Book and Mural literally every single game, new Legion is better at chaining hits. They pulled a similar thing as Ghost Face's recharge changes prior to this midchapter. Legion's absolute best case got nerfed a bit but any other situation got buffed. Seeing as they also gave them a lot of new and interesting add ons to mess with and made it so you can hit max duration with a single brown... I say good. It'd be a shame if they did an addon pass but left double duration as their best option by a long shot.

Also, I'd like to point out that the chances of getting 5 hits for the down is supposed to be unlikely and should remain unlikely. As current Legion, have you ever gotten a 3 chain into a locker grab? I have. It puts the Survivors in a massive hole right off the bat that the usually can't get out of. The new down on 5th hit isn't quite as strong as that... but it is still crazy strong. Something that good absolutely should not become common.

I do however fully agree with you on the mix tapes for kicking things. Honestly Julie's Mix Tape should be Kick walls 30% faster, Gens 20% faster and pause Frenzy while kicking stuff. Essentially both effects together. That might get run. Then Frank's Mix Tape should get some other effect.

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 1,920

I disagree. I think base Frenzy time is plenty. The new movement speed is essentially the older duration add-ons basekit, and you still have a +2s duration add-on on top of all of that. Also, a new movement speed add-on. 10 seconds of Frenzy is more than enough.

• DBDVultureDBDVulture Member Posts: 971

Base frenzy time is easily long enough to get two hits as legion pretty much ignores the game rules in his power.

• CyberianFauxCyberianFaux Member Posts: 206

Someone did the math on that and it isn't equal. They made a whole data sheet about old legion paired with different combinations of add-ons and new legion with all combinations of add-ons. The only combination that is stronger or even equivalent is the yellow pills (negative movement speed add-on for duration) paired with the move speed increase on hit mural sketch. You can find the full data sheet in the thread: "Legion may actually be worse or sidegraded due to Duration add-on removal" here on the forums in the ptb feedback section.

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 3,289

Make it 12 seconds imo. And then nerf the brown addon to 1.

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 1,920

Pre-Patch Legion didn't have 3 second cool-down, faster recharge, faster speed, or the ability to down tho ;)