Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
The PTB has been re-enabled. To those affected, we'll be sending out a large sum of Bloodpoints shortly for you to spend as you please. These Bloodpoints do not transfer back to the Live version of the game.

Your Live progress has not been affected by what happens on the PTB.

can we buff other exhaustion perks or nerf DH?

FlameGNGFlameGNG Member Posts: 618
edited April 8 in Feedback and Suggestions

there iss literally no reason to use nothing else than sprint burst or dead hard like balance landing WAS good but now its trash since we dont have the passive effect and i see no reason why ANYONE would run smashit... i mean overcome has tis place im tired of running dead hard becuase 30% of my downs i dont actiavte it since they are obviously to far away to hit me but surprise surprise servers think its a valid hit :)

and its just a super boring perk to run anyways i kinda get why BL doesnt have its passive and yet i dont there are literally maps where you CANT use it on like there isnt even a hill to activate it on... and maybe lower the passive to 30 40% instead it would be a better experience for killers and survivors to refresh the perks a little because now its pretty much the same 95% of all survivors you go against use dead hard the otehr 4.9% use no exhaustion perks and then we have those 0.1% who are SB chads

Post edited by Rizzo90 on

Comments

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,619

We need more perks like Dead Hard. Exhaustion perks that we are able to use during a chase as a means to extend the chase rather than gain distance.

It’s the reason why DH is so popular because of its benefits in short loops.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,056
    edited April 6

While DH is a large offender, Exhaustion perks in general are way over tuned.

For example, lets say we literally doubled the Exhaustion debuff. That is a massive nerf. Yet, we would still see an Exhaustion perk on every single survivor, every single game. That in itself should illustrate how over tuned they are if you could nerf them that signficantly and they would still be in every single game, on every single survivor. If they were even remotely close to balanced then that hard of a nerf would make them nearly unseen, but that isn't the case.

There is literally no reason you would not always have an Exhaustion perk on every single game unless you just didn't care about winning, that is bad design. Every single perk should make you weigh the pros and cons and debate whether it was worth it that game. There is no consideration to make with Exhaustion perks, you just auto equip them no matter what. Bad design.

Either Exhaustion perks tuned down tremendously or killer Exhaustion perks tuned up tremendously. One or the other.

This all said I will throw some disclaimers. I think some Exhaustion perks that are designed well and totally fine are ones such as BL or Head On. They're situational, require you to play around them, and have high or low value depending on map rng so there's some risk attached to using them. They aren't just default auto high value every game regardless of anything. I'm fine with these. This is how the other Exhaustion perks should be.

• TurboTOneTurboTOne Member Posts: 250

Deadhard needs a Nerf for sure. Unlike other Second Chnace Perks it doesnt have a reason to be there. DS is for Tunneling, UB is for Slugging and BT is again for Tunneling. They have their Place to be this strong, so Killer Players get punished for trying to get a fast Kill and not letting the Survivor play the game.

But Deadhard ? Its just there to extend the Chase even when the Killer played Correctly and The Survivor simply missplayed. Thats why i think it needs to be changed.

And yeah, Balanced really is ... not all that usefull, but it needed a Nerf because it was able to turn some Places into Infinites. But with reworks to all of the Maps maybe they could buff it a little again.

• FlameGNGFlameGNG Member Posts: 618

you would not i have frineds with 4000+ hours who doesnt run any exhaustion perks they are generally useless if you loop perfectly anyways.... dead hard is cheap i agree its i frames AND distance... while i do know they all are situational but you might aswell 99 sprint burst nad use it as smashit i mean balanced landing and overcome do different things balacned reduces the stagger but they removed it due to infinites and that so many maps had drops (when there are maps that IT CANT BE USED ON...) infact BL is probably the only perk that has 0 use on some maps literally 0 liek you CANT even use it

yea i know how old balanced could turn loops into infinites but they could keep it at like 20% or something so it still gives you a little reward for running it instead of sprintburst i mean yes the first fall is reduced but i dont think a 25% reduction to stagger would bring back infinites

i dont really think dead hard is a huge problem either but its definetly one of the better exhaustion perks

and its literally invincibility against killers... if you go against a nurse you can literally dead hard to guarantee a dodge unless you mess up really really really big... + if you loop good you wont even need dead hard and if we look value wise SB is better you can 99 it and get way more distance. its just that dead hard is so easy to use and its rewards is very good for the requirements be injured and run

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,056

You would. You're friends would simply be doing better if they ran an Exhaustion perk regardless of how good they loop. Most the time you ever don't see an Exhaustion perk is simply because they want to challenge themselves because it's already too easy or they're just meme'ing. If your intention is just to win you would always be running one.

That's actually wrong on BL in regards to some maps with zero use. There are some maps with very little use, but there are some spots on even the worst maps. No map has literally zero spots.

• InvadeGamesInvadeGames Member Posts: 186

nah, then there is justification to take away NOED and i like NOED. survs have DH, and killers have NOED.

take away invincibility on DH and haste on NOED and i think it would be a good spot

• TurboTOneTurboTOne Member Posts: 250

I hate when People say: Yeah that is bad. But what about THAT ?

Yes. NOED is #########. Yes, it should be changed. But thats not what we talk about.

It’s not invincibility… just because you keep repeating it doesn’t make it true.

The rest of the exhaustion perks are also easy to use. You only pick on DH because you don’t like it, not because it is unbalanced.

When they stop releasing non-safe pallets you can complain about chase extenders.

I wish killers would rely on skill too when they refuse to break a pallet and wait for bloodlust T3.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,529

If a killer is letting themselves get to T3 bloodlust for a single hit, they are already losing the chase. It takes 45 seconds to hit T3.

You should honestly be proud of them wasting time hitting T3.

• N8dogN8dog Member Posts: 505

Remove the invincibility or the distance. Even if one of these were gone it would STILL be the strongest exhaustion perk in the game.

• Alphasoul05Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 520
    edited April 6

All Exhaustion perks are broken, and they always have been. You'll never change my mind on that, but some, like DH/SB, are simply more broken than others. You can't 'bring other perks' up to their level because they're on another level that they shouldn't be at in the first place.

SB pretty much turns any area into a safe area. No fear of the killer knowing where you are, no fear of them as you sit on the gen and they're walking right up to you. You just.. SB away to a pre-planned safe area. That, however, does not really feel as bad as DH does. Dead Hard rewards you for making a mistake and getting outplayed, or playing greedy, and with such a short CD, and on all 4 survivors, can extend chases to have a severe impact on the game like no other perk can. That on top of the fact that it just feels really bad to deal with as a killer. Of course, lots of things feel bad for both sides in this game.

I think there's a reason most Exhaustion perks have more clearly defined pre-reqs, like Head On, Lithe, Balanced, and why you have limited control over the scenario in which you can use them. If things like Exhaustion perks didn't exist, and breakable walls didn't exist, then something like Bloodlust wouldn't be required to exist, either. But that is the game we play and I wouldn't ever expect them to change, I just think there was a point a lot of issues in this game (cough anti-loop killers cough) could've been dealt with, not made worse.

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 1,286

Nah. The extension of chase can sing handedly win you the game. As it did my last match. One early game dead hard pretty much did me in. I didn't even get the down. I had to peel off and defend gens and still ended up with no hook until the gens were done.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,529

Unless you are exposed, that's at least 90 seconds spent hitting T3 to hit you twice. Your other 3 teammates can easily get 3 gens done.

If you are losing to bloodlust, you have other issues.

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 1,286

The game would be a lot better with no exhaustion or exposed perks.

• AndyKukyAndyKuky Member Posts: 53

Buffing other perks to the level of already broken perks isn't really an answer. It's as silly as when people say SWF is broken and solo Q sucks, so lets buff solo survivors to SWF levels. DH is as strong as it is because of map design and game mechanics. On some maps you get such good tiles, it's way too easy to loop a killer in perfectly safe tiles and then the second the killer bloodlusts you or mind games you, what do you know you get a free second chance because of your perk. It's bad enough to have one perk like this, why should we have four or five or however many exhaustion perks exist?

Personally I think SB is great, as is DH. Overcome is also very good, you get a ton of distance. I also like Lithe. But I actually don't run any exhaustion perks anymore. I am not a very good looper and I still have no problems giving teammates at least a decent chunk of time when I am in a chase.

Yet, there is those of us that DH does not have that same effect because we know how to deal with it.

If you are losing games simply because of DH then I have to question your overall skill as a killer.

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 3,089

Just make it so survivors can't chain chase position, so if a palette is broken they WILL down.

Now dead hard is not that strong anymore.

You mean issues like unsafe pallets?

Why don’t we talk about that when we talk about DH? Because they are all relative.

Bloodlust gets the killer hits they would have otherwise not gotten.

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 4,357
  • scoserscoser Member Posts: 162

I'll trade you removing dead hard for removing ruin and NOED. A two for one deal where everyone wins!

• ukenickyukenicky Member Posts: 1,346

I'd use Balanced Landing SO much more if it always made you silent when falling from a high place. I'm sorry but there's no reason it shouldn't silence you every time you drop down. I think this is the best way to buff it without making it over tuned.

I understand it can't have the stagger reduction on every drop down since that enables infinites (I think?) but I think this small change would be OK.