Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

PS4 Survivor Queue Times

I’ve noticed over the past 2 weeks that waiting times as survivor on PS4 is unbearable. Usually it would be a killer game I’d wait a few minutes for. 
Now as survivor I nearly have to wait 20 minutes to find a game. I’ve seen a few people say they’re having the same problem. What’s going on ? 

Comments

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    I only know what Ive readon the forum since I dont play on PS4.
    But apparently survivor queue times are awful while killer queues are instant.

    This leads me to the conclusion that the killer gameplay has drawn away a lot of killers. And honestly, im not surprised, I wouldnt want to play killer with controller and bad fps either

  • Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 2,833
    PS4 player here and I concur. The waiting times are absolutely ridiculous lately. Even playing solo.
  • Beckzfeehan7Beckzfeehan7 Member Posts: 81
    Master said:

    I only know what Ive readon the forum since I dont play on PS4.
    But apparently survivor queue times are awful while killer queues are instant.

    This leads me to the conclusion that the killer gameplay has drawn away a lot of killers. And honestly, im not surprised, I wouldnt want to play killer with controller and bad fps either

    Yeah that’s exactly the case. I play killer. I find games in seconds. I try play a bit of survivor and I spend 20 minutes waiting to get into a game. 
    Ya I dunno. Games a mess at the moment I think. 
  • Beckzfeehan7Beckzfeehan7 Member Posts: 81
    PS4 player here and I concur. The waiting times are absolutely ridiculous lately. Even playing solo.
    I only play solo and the waiting times are literally terrible. I’ve actually some evenings just gave up waiting and jumped onto some other game cause it pisses me off 😂
  • GamzelloGamzello Member Posts: 817
    Previously before the update, as a solo survivor I found games within a minute or less. After the update it seems to take a lot longer. (Took me 2-3) minutes longer which never usually happens to me.

    I play on PS4 too so is this issue only happening to some people or is it a known issue??
  • Beckzfeehan7Beckzfeehan7 Member Posts: 81
    Gamzello said:
    Previously before the update, as a solo survivor I found games within a minute or less. After the update it seems to take a lot longer. (Took me 2-3) minutes longer which never usually happens to me.

    I play on PS4 too so is this issue only happening to some people or is it a known issue??
    Before 2 weeks ago I never had an issue finding a game. But now it’s ridiculous. Even typing this messaging I’ve been searching for a game for the past 15 minutes. 
    I don’t think anything has officially been said about the waiting times. Probably won’t be said either. 
  • MullatoMullato Member Posts: 104
    Currently rank 10 on ps4, I play solo and it's been taking 5-15 mins to find a game.
  • Beckzfeehan7Beckzfeehan7 Member Posts: 81
    Well killers have it rough, in a lobby with four survivors, hook one you get called a tunneler, notice a unhook get called a camper, constantly taunted by survivors. 

    No before anyone gets the wrong idea I'm not saying all survivors just most because let's face it a pleasant person is a ultra rare but a bully is a common when you are a killer. 

    I get killers can privatise messages but they shouldn't have to because the unsporting play shouldn't happen. Win and loss these nasty players will mock the killer instead of being humble in defeat and victory. 

    Therefore I am not surprised the queues are longer for survivors. 
    I’m mainly a killer player. I get that but that doesn’t mean people shouldn’t be playing killer. 
    I don’t bother responding to salt. It unfortunately comes with the game. But like this game is supposed to be lasting for “years to come” say the developers. Yet I can’t play the game ? So that can’t make sense. 
    The game isn’t made just for killers. I should be able to play both. But I can’t because it takes 20-30 minutes to find survivor games (at any and all ranks) 
    I love this game with all my heart. But it’s a mess right now. It’s hard for me to wanna play it. Even on patch day today. I wanted to see the changes. But I can’t even play the game. 
  • Beckzfeehan7Beckzfeehan7 Member Posts: 81
    Killer is intimidating to play imo. 
    It can be. That’s for sure. It can also be so so enjoyable. 
    But it’s not for everybody. 
  • MullatoMullato Member Posts: 104
    Killer is intimidating to play imo. 
    I agree, I used to play 85% killer. But it's just very difficult at times with the fps, random lag, constant 360's into thin air, and swf bully squads.

    Yeah i may be bitching, and i havent been playing long, but it's my own personal experience. 
  • Beckzfeehan7Beckzfeehan7 Member Posts: 81
    Mullato said:
    Killer is intimidating to play imo. 
    I agree, I used to play 85% killer. But it's just very difficult at times with the fps, random lag, constant 360's into thin air, and swf bully squads.

    Yeah i may be bitching, and i havent been playing long, but it's my own personal experience. 
    All very valid issues. 
    You grow used to most things. You learn survivors tricks and how they will make mistakes too. Practise really makes perfect. 
  • HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

    I have the same problem, it sucks. I don't always have time to play Killer so I play Survivor and now the que times take so long I could have played Killer if I had known that I had the time.

  • GamzelloGamzello Member Posts: 817
    Gamzello said:
    Previously before the update, as a solo survivor I found games within a minute or less. After the update it seems to take a lot longer. (Took me 2-3) minutes longer which never usually happens to me.

    I play on PS4 too so is this issue only happening to some people or is it a known issue??
    Before 2 weeks ago I never had an issue finding a game. But now it’s ridiculous. Even typing this messaging I’ve been searching for a game for the past 15 minutes. 
    I don’t think anything has officially been said about the waiting times. Probably won’t be said either. 
    Honestly I hope the devs know about this. I’ve been waiting for a game for 5 minutes now. (Solo)
  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,218
    Master said:

    I only know what Ive readon the forum since I dont play on PS4.
    But apparently survivor queue times are awful while killer queues are instant.

    This leads me to the conclusion that the killer gameplay has drawn away a lot of killers. And honestly, im not surprised, I wouldnt want to play killer with controller and bad fps either

    @Master im really hoping it is a bug and not a player base issue. The game was free like 4 months ago.
  • ReneAenslandReneAensland Member Posts: 838

    It's bullshit. PS4 queue times are [BAD WORD] horrendous.

  • apathytheclownapathytheclown Member Posts: 236

    There weren’t any issues until the winter event ended and it was a drastic change. Rank reset didn’t even help at all.

  • FriendlyKillerFriendlyKiller Member Posts: 11
    I main killer on ps4, when I'm feeling masochistic. I've never waited more than 2 minutes for a game. Be it 5 when I get off work or 2 in the morning if I can't sleep. Why do you suppose that is?
  • BravescorpioBravescorpio Member Posts: 94
    Rank 7 survivor and I'm getting about 10 min wait in NA. Combined with the fact that at LEAST 50% of lobbies I do find the killer dodges its more like 20 mins to enter a match. 
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    @fcc2014 said:
    Master said:

    I only know what Ive readon the forum since I dont play on PS4.

    But apparently survivor queue times are awful while killer queues are instant.

    This leads me to the conclusion that the killer gameplay has drawn away a lot of killers. And honestly, im not surprised, I wouldnt want to play killer with controller and bad fps either

    @Master im really hoping it is a bug and not a player base issue. The game was free like 4 months ago.

    Well, as long as killer have insta lobbies, then it doesnt seem to be a bugg.
    You need both sides to play the game, so if killers can play, but survivors have long queue times, then its due to a lack of killers. If there was a matchmaking bug, then both sides would feel that, wouldnt they?

  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,218

    @Master said:

    @fcc2014 said:
    Master said:

    I only know what Ive readon the forum since I dont play on PS4.

    But apparently survivor queue times are awful while killer queues are instant.

    This leads me to the conclusion that the killer gameplay has drawn away a lot of killers. And honestly, im not surprised, I wouldnt want to play killer with controller and bad fps either

    @Master im really hoping it is a bug and not a player base issue. The game was free like 4 months ago.

    Well, as long as killer have insta lobbies, then it doesnt seem to be a bugg.
    You need both sides to play the game, so if killers can play, but survivors have long queue times, then its due to a lack of killers. If there was a matchmaking bug, then both sides would feel that, wouldnt they?

    Yep, that is why i said maybe the base is dwindling. I struggled finding matches till about 9pm est, after that lobbies only took a few minutes to get into.

  • OrionsFury4789OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Master said:

    @fcc2014 said:
    Master said:

    I only know what Ive readon the forum since I dont play on PS4.

    But apparently survivor queue times are awful while killer queues are instant.

    This leads me to the conclusion that the killer gameplay has drawn away a lot of killers. And honestly, im not surprised, I wouldnt want to play killer with controller and bad fps either

    @Master im really hoping it is a bug and not a player base issue. The game was free like 4 months ago.

    Well, as long as killer have insta lobbies, then it doesnt seem to be a bugg.
    You need both sides to play the game, so if killers can play, but survivors have long queue times, then its due to a lack of killers. If there was a matchmaking bug, then both sides would feel that, wouldnt they?

    I dont think the killer base has left the game, when it became free I think more survivors joined than killers and threw off the ratio because more casual gamers who really don't care will play survivor only and nothing else but people who get caught up in the game play both sides and enjoy it , while it was free alot of survivors we're getting anyone they knew on PlayStation to download it and play with them to have a low rank friend , so my theory is  we had a massive boost in survivors joining while the killers just moderately had a boost due to some people finding better games to play when it was bugged so bad then 
  • JammyJewelsJammyJewels Member Posts: 610
    Rank 5 Survivor and Rank 10 Killer (I haven’t played a lot of Killer since reaching Rank 1 last season, I’ve just been grinding to P3 the Spirit) and Survivor queue times seem to be equated to how bad a killer’s ping is. I tend to join games within 2 minutes, at most, for Killers that have >200 ping. But if I wait 5+ minutes the Killer tends to have bad ping. Then again I have waited for 10+ minutes just to be lobby dodged...
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    @OrionsFury4789 said:
    Master said:

    @fcc2014 said:

    Master said:

    I only know what Ive readon the forum since I dont play on PS4.
    
    But apparently survivor queue times are awful while killer queues are instant.
    
    This leads me to the conclusion that the killer gameplay has drawn away a lot of killers. And honestly, im not surprised, I wouldnt want to play killer with controller and bad fps either
    

    @Master im really hoping it is a bug and not a player base issue. The game was free like 4 months ago.

    Well, as long as killer have insta lobbies, then it doesnt seem to be a bugg.

    You need both sides to play the game, so if killers can play, but survivors have long queue times, then its due to a lack of killers. If there was a matchmaking bug, then both sides would feel that, wouldnt they?

    I dont think the killer base has left the game, when it became free I think more survivors joined than killers and threw off the ratio because more casual gamers who really don't care will play survivor only and nothing else but people who get caught up in the game play both sides and enjoy it , while it was free alot of survivors we're getting anyone they knew on PlayStation to download it and play with them to have a low rank friend , so my theory is  we had a massive boost in survivors joining while the killers just moderately had a boost due to some people finding better games to play when it was bugged so bad then 

    Its quite some time ago that DBD got f2p on PS and shortly after that there were no killer shortages afaik?

  • OrionsFury4789OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Master said:

    @OrionsFury4789 said:
    Master said:

    @fcc2014 said:

    Master said:

    I only know what Ive readon the forum since I dont play on PS4.
    
    But apparently survivor queue times are awful while killer queues are instant.
    
    This leads me to the conclusion that the killer gameplay has drawn away a lot of killers. And honestly, im not surprised, I wouldnt want to play killer with controller and bad fps either
    

    @Master im really hoping it is a bug and not a player base issue. The game was free like 4 months ago.

    Well, as long as killer have insta lobbies, then it doesnt seem to be a bugg.

    You need both sides to play the game, so if killers can play, but survivors have long queue times, then its due to a lack of killers. If there was a matchmaking bug, then both sides would feel that, wouldnt they?

    I dont think the killer base has left the game, when it became free I think more survivors joined than killers and threw off the ratio because more casual gamers who really don't care will play survivor only and nothing else but people who get caught up in the game play both sides and enjoy it , while it was free alot of survivors we're getting anyone they knew on PlayStation to download it and play with them to have a low rank friend , so my theory is  we had a massive boost in survivors joining while the killers just moderately had a boost due to some people finding better games to play when it was bugged so bad then 

    Its quite some time ago that DBD got f2p on PS and shortly after that there were no killer shortages afaik?

    Yes but not everyone played the game immediately when it was free , on PS4 when the game is free you can just add it to your library without downloading it and you can choose to download it whenever you want after that as long as you added it within the free time and with all the issues PlayStation had back then with the game even working at all if you remember, everyone had issues and it was a non stop topic on here during that time , alot of people more than likely slowly joined overtime as other games they played died out and survivor is a more appealing role with the friend option for newer players , this is just my opinion though that more survivors have joined than killers recently 
  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,218

    @OrionsFury4789 that could be the case a more heavy survivor ratio added in with new games. Many people i know are playing RD2 and i know friday RE2 is out and unless the event starts thursday or friday that will be the only thing i play until the event begins.

  • lindechenelindechene Member Posts: 69
    edited January 2019

    Unfortunately many solutions to improve matchmaking and queue times may not be ready to be implemented before dedicated servers are live.

    Is it to early to suggest to offer an optional "quick play" queue option?

    5 players with optimal connection speed are matched as quickly as possible.
    It is randomly selected who of the 5 player is killer and who is survivor.
    Ranking could be ignored as well.


    It does not solve the situation for SWF or those who only want to play solo survivor.

    But why not at least provide a solution for those who do not care if they play killer or survivor and about ranking?

  • MullatoMullato Member Posts: 104
    Been playing since 9am-11am on Na East coast. Solo survivor games have been instant so far today.
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    @lindechene said:
    Unfortunately many solutions to improve matchmaking and queue times may not be ready to be implemented before dedicated servers are live.

    Is it to early to suggest to offer an optional "quick play" queue option?

    5 players with optimal connection speed are matched as quickly as possible.
    It is randomly selected who of the 5 player is killer and who is survivor.
    Ranking could be ignored as well.


    It does not solve the situation for SWF or those who only want to play solo survivor.

    But why not at least provide a solution for those who do not care if they play killer or survivor and about ranking?

    Since only solo-players could enter such a game mode, it cant exist for the same reason why killers cant opt out of SWF

  • lindechenelindechene Member Posts: 69

    @Master said:

    @lindechene said:
    Unfortunately many solutions to improve matchmaking and queue times may not be ready to be implemented before dedicated servers are live.

    Is it to early to suggest to offer an optional "quick play" queue option?

    5 players with optimal connection speed are matched as quickly as possible.
    It is randomly selected who of the 5 player is killer and who is survivor.
    Ranking could be ignored as well.


    It does not solve the situation for SWF or those who only want to play solo survivor.

    But why not at least provide a solution for those who do not care if they play killer or survivor and about ranking?

    Since only solo-players could enter such a game mode, it cant exist for the same reason why killers cant opt out of SWF

    From my point of view currently there are a considerable amount of issues and challenges that result in the same answer:

    Unfortunately this suggestion will not work because we have to consider SWF.

    At what point exactly is it time to consider that it is not healthy for this game to keep supporting SWF when it means that all those people both survivors and killers who want to play solo are the ones who have to deal with the negative consequences?

    Bad matchmaking and longer waiting times for solo killers and survivors just so some people can "enjoy" playing together?

    Why is it such a huge challenge for this community to realize that everyone would have a better game experience both in matchmaking speed and skill of the opponents when people could only queue solo.

Sign In or Register to comment.