Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Ok now that we have seen that these SBMM tests are a flop

KateDunsonKateDunson Member Posts: 714
edited April 8 in Feedback and Suggestions

Can we remove it? Can you do anything about it bhvr?

I have partecipated in every test last days and it was AWFUL.

I don't know what you "tested" but definitely not that big of a difference when you see around 80% of the feedback negative.

Should i also point out that lately we aren't even reaching 35k players in the "peak" times? The playerbase is exhausted to constantly face the same issues of this game, but let's do a survey to see what's the problem, stop trying to find the elephant in the room, you know what's wrong.

Watch out in what you end up telling us with the result of those tests bhvr, the feedback has been made and if you decide to ignore it, or will say it was "fine", i don't see a future for your game.

Post edited by KateDunson on

Comments

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,160

Well the last one with the hidden ranks went smoother than normal but couldn't play that much due to work

• KurriKurri Member Posts: 1,599

Same I hope they remove grades from the end game scoreboard for good

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,160

Something tells me that even though MMR was not affected by ranks I think they did in some way be how the last test went.

• ValikValik Member Posts: 1,243

I wish, but the executives seem dead set.

Which is a shame, because the entire system would become a lot more attractive to everyone if it was simple a 'Blood-Points-Per-Minute' based matchmaking system with a hidden Karma value that it has a bias towards.

Good players are able to accrue 30k+ BP in the span of a few minutes. Bad players can go entire matches with less than 10k.

This would also have the benefit of giving Behavior plenty of reason to tweak scoring events to reward skilled playstyles and punish bad ones... with a Karma system that makes toxic players play with more toxic players, and wholesome players play with more wholesome ones - the better your 'karma' the faster your que times. The higher your average BPPM, the higher your opponents and teammate's BPPM.

Which also has the benefit of letting players know where their 'hidden' matchmaking score lies by simply letting them look at their post-match Bloodpoints.

• UlaUla Member Posts: 276

The BP/minute based matchmaking is interesting, but bp-farming builds and even bp-farming games will be an issue. For instance as a survivor, you can bless 4 totems to get 6000 bp in boldness, wasting time you could have spent doing a generator, but it's more efficient bp/minute wise to bless the 4 totems.

• ValikValik Member Posts: 1,243

As I said, all it would take is a few tweaks to numbers.

If you can easily farm the game by blessing totems - totems shouldn't be worth a flat 6k BP.

An eloquent way of doing this is by rebalancing boon totems into 1 time use perks - give small BP bonuses when the perks are used, not when blessings occur.

Also, grant increased BP for totems cleansed later in the match - they are balloons of BP that fill over time.

This way, you can't 'farm' the game unless you make it to later - and you're not going to make it to later in the game if you spend time doing totems and ignoring objectives.

The beautiful aspect of the game is the time faculty. Per-Minute.

People can farm, yes. But I can assure you, so long as certain - very VERY niche circumstances are addressed for this - farming will always take more time and sport lower yields than actually playing the game the way it is intended to be played.

Again, so long as the BP economy gets tweaks and small reworks that reward good behavior while making 'framing' time a lot less lucrative in the SHORT run - then it all balances out.

If people want to take 40 minutes to grind out 60k BP - good on them. But it won't be as lucrative as getting 30kBP for a 10 minute match.

• FrankWest21FrankWest21 Member Posts: 240

I personally see these tests as being a tacit admission from BHVR that mmr is garbage. They surely see the tanking player counts and are capable of putting two and two together.

Sadly, I think the sunken cost fallacy is in full swing. They’re too prideful to remove the whole system. They’re praying that fiddling with random numbers will fix everything.

• DbD_EnjoyerDbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459

Been playing since launch, i'm finally ready to uninstall once the next update drops, i can't really say i enjoyed the ride, but i guess there were some good moments, you know, back when the game was good (way before 2.0)...