Killers, please stop dodging.

Comments

• TwistedRustyTwistedRusty Member Posts: 15
    Dodge??
  • LegitAdventurerLegitAdventurer Member Posts: 282
    Dodge??
    Dodging is when you disconnect a lobby when survivors load up. Sending them back to the main menu 
    Vietfox said:
    Mmmh. No, I will keep dodging. Thank you very much.

Lol bless up.
  • BossBoss Member Posts: 2,819

Then please ready up when joining me.
    If you don't ready up, i'll assume you're not ready, and i don't want anyone who isn't ready to face me.

Boss said:

If you don't ready up, i'll assume you're not ready, and i don't want anyone who isn't ready to face me.

Gladly! I'm not one of those last minute item switchers

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Boss said:

Gladly! I'm not one of those last minute item switchers

\o/

• DspigroachDspigroach Member Posts: 108
    When I don't quit I get a four person swf with rank 2's and like one rank close to my rank which is like rank 12.

They'll all have either a toolbox or flashlight, run decisive strike, run at me in a circle because killer is 1st person, loop the same route, self care, gen rush, tbag, overly altruistic, firecrackers, hook prompt block, instant heal.

So of course a killer is gonna want a lobby full of randoms instead of people talking on discord or in a party chat. 
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 5,984

@Boss said:

It hasn't really mattered today, join in with no time and ready up, killer instantly dodges because they don't like the flashy outfit or they don't like facing someone who did well prior games apparently.

I try and join with my items already equipped and if ping is good instantly ready up and still get dodged even before I can click ready. I've joined lobbies and watched as they slowly fill up by ones or two's and the duo's elave and it's all solo's.

The killers will dodge the moment they see a single item or cosmetic they don't like it doesn't matter what it is or if it's a super cool outfit.

@powerbats said:

@Boss said:

It hasn't really mattered today, join in with no time and ready up, killer instantly dodges because they don't like the flashy outfit or they don't like facing someone who did well prior games apparently.

I try and join with my items already equipped and if ping is good instantly ready up and still get dodged even before I can click ready. I've joined lobbies and watched as they slowly fill up by ones or two's and the duo's elave and it's all solo's.

The killers will dodge the moment they see a single item or cosmetic they don't like it doesn't matter what it is or if it's a super cool outfit.

Oh, no wait.
    There IS one other reason why i would dodge.
    I dodge anyone who stays with red ping after 30 seconds.
    I don't do it for them, i just think it's too easy to kill someone who walks into a wall at 2 FPS for 10 seconds.

Other than that, i kinda wish i could give you a break and get you to join my lobby on ranked. :p

• VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,794
    @Boss said:

You would be surprised how many times i've been dodged when i pressed ready as soon as i got into the lobby. I've found out that if i wait 10 or 15 seconds to ready up they tend to dodge less.
    Honestly i don't know what's the reason behind that, but it seems to work.
  • katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 84
    If I play against the same person already I'm taking the Dodge
  • BroosmeisterBroosmeister Member Posts: 227
    That's because killers act like every swf group is toxic to hide the fact that they are not good enough to face organised people.

No more than 20% of every swf group is toxic but they act as if 100% of all swf are toxic. We survivors get that if we play toxic we will ruin the game for other people because killers will lobbydodge, the only ones who don't understand that are the swf who are indeed toxic. And they ruin the experience for the killer and all other swf who play normally.
    I played solos yesterday and got dodged 3 games in a row lol. There is no rhyme or reason, they just make up whatever excuse so they don't have to play lol.
  • GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 249

I have never dodged as a Killer, however, I can not understand how anyone can argue that using voice com is somehow not an advantage or "cheating the system" when it is not part of the game and was never an intended feature.

I play the game no matter what but it's not cool to act as if using third-party programs is somehow balanced, or not advantageous.

• TheWraith883TheWraith883 Member Posts: 62

We will stop dodging when you all enter and press-ready instantly.

Why is this such a problem? Lol. I mean I do this, the faster I ready up the less time the killer has to dodge me. Unless i'm up taking a bathroom break, washing dishes, vacuuming my house, cleaning, etc. In my 20 minutes of down time hanging out in lobbies between games lol.

@Boss said:

Oh, no wait.
    There IS one other reason why i would dodge.
    I dodge anyone who stays with red ping after 30 seconds.
    I don't do it for them, i just think it's too easy to kill someone who walks into a wall at 2 FPS for 10 seconds.

Other than that, i kinda wish i could give you a break and get you to join my lobby on ranked. :p

For ping I totally understand and I join lobbies and if my ping goes above 225ish and stays there too long or goes higher I'll leave since it's not fair to anyone else.

• Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,600

@LegitAdventurer said:
    TheWraith883 said:

Why is this such a problem? Lol. I mean I do this, the faster I ready up the less time the killer has to dodge me. Unless i'm up taking a bathroom break, washing dishes, vacuuming my house, cleaning, etc. In my 20 minutes of down time hanging out in lobbies between games lol.

Well, some survivors, there's always one, It's virtually guaranteed there's one, that will run the clock.

Some wait until just before the 6 second mark to switch characters so the killer gets locked in.

Knowing that at least on ps4, they can use the time to party invite to use PSNs (see 3rd party) voice in that amount of time, I get a bit paranoid when they run the clock.

They probably shoot chat invites on PC, too.

@Rebel_Raven said:

I've gotten voice invites put into lobby chat pregame before but I don't ever join since those are almost always going to end badly. Those are also pretty rare on pc at least I've seen may'be 20 in all my time playing.

Now postgame I've seen around 40-50 and usually those are flamefests waiting to happen and they arrive just before Steam friend requests do. I've actually met some nice people via Discord that way but most of the time it's COD chat.

• Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,600
    powerbats said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

I've gotten voice invites put into lobby chat pregame before but I don't ever join since those are almost always going to end badly. Those are also pretty rare on pc at least I've seen may'be 20 in all my time playing.

Now postgame I've seen around 40-50 and usually those are flamefests waiting to happen and they arrive just before Steam friend requests do. I've actually met some nice people via Discord that way but most of the time it's COD chat.

Yeah, I refuse the pregame invites, too.
    It seems so wrong, and slimy. I wouldn't talk, and would try not to use any info to my advantage, but I'd love to know what they're saying.

I'd love to think they're rare on ps4, but honestly, I don't know. My trust in people is slim to none, though. And it's really easy to send a chat invite.

Post game I get the rare one. Weirdly of the few I got, most ended pretty ok even though it was because of people complaining I was camping when the last gen was up, or the gates were powered.
    Or the odd instance when I have to tune my wifi.

@Vietfox said:
    @Boss said:

You would be surprised how many times i've been dodged when i pressed ready as soon as i got into the lobby. I've found out that if i wait 10 or 15 seconds to ready up they tend to dodge less.
    Honestly i don't know what's the reason behind that, but it seems to work.

Odd.

Both sides have written this invisible rule book for the opposing side:

Killers be like: survivors arent allowed to use SWF, or flashlights, or fireworks, or cosmetics, or Decisive Strike, or toolboxes, or Dead Hard, or...

Survivors be like: killers aren't allowed to use No Ed, or camp, or tunnel, or use leather face, or the nurse, unless they're a noob, or use Mori's, or... 

I don't get it lol.
    I was just dodged 3 games in a row. Woohoo. C'mon number 4
  • BellysmackerBellysmacker Member Posts: 36

If survivors hate being dodged or hate long wait times then switch to killer. More people that play killer would decrease survivor pool and increase killer pool there fore decreasing survivor wait times. If not then I guess deal with it for now. Also who is to say that killer hasn't already played several survive with friends and your lobby was the one they decided nah I want some randoms for a bit. Guess it's a luxury the killer has.

• BellysmackerBellysmacker Member Posts: 36

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Orion said:

@LegitAdventurer said:

So this is basically why you all dodge SWF groups. Understood.

If you ignore everything that's been said, then yes.

PS: Next time, just say you're not really interested in anything anyone else has to say. Save everyone the time.

Lol what? I'm not even being rude my guy. The general consensus is that "they're cheating" and that you guys are unconfident in your killers. That's what you all are saying.

It's not really about being unconfident. Certain killers don't even stand a chance at low ranks especially if survive with friends and comms. Killers have their limitations and skill level of the player can't extend that. Pretty much have to really on survivors messing up and failing the loops so time isn't wasted. If killer was so much fun to play then survivors wouldn't have a problem with que times or have to worry about lobby dodges.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 596

Some people don’t want to face lobbies with 4 P3 Claudettes and Megs with flashlights and Decisive Strike. My friend group has been lobby dodged MANY times and we’ve waited an hour for games at certain points, but do I blame the killer? No. Not many people want to get demolished by a 4 man SWF group.

If survivors hate being dodged or hate long wait times then switch to killer. More people that play killer would decrease survivor pool and increase killer pool there fore decreasing survivor wait times. If not then I guess deal with it for now. Also who is to say that killer hasn't already played several survive with friends and your lobby was the one they decided nah I want some randoms for a bit. Guess it's a luxury the killer has.

A. I was solo queuing
    B. I play both survivor and killer.

@MegMain98 said:
    Some people don’t want to face lobbies with 4 P3 Claudettes and Megs with flashlights and Decisive Strike. My friend group has been lobby dodged MANY times and we’ve waited an hour for games at certain points, but do I blame the killer? No. Not many people want to get demolished by a 4 man SWF group.

Oh good grief, the whole 4 man swf with all P3 claudette's/Meg's is way overused to the point that anytime someone uses it you can dismiss it. I play several characters and neither my Meg nor my Claudette if I play them uses DS or flashlights.

Most lobbies i'm in 1 person at most has had DS even for duo's running together it's rare to see more than 1 and sometimes there's none at all. I've been repeatedly dodged the last week with no items, no P3 outfits and people loading in singly.

MegMain98 said:

I don't use meg. or claudette. I don't use items. Or decisive strike. Yet I get dodged constantly lol. Back to the whole "invisible rulebook" thing lol.
    powerbats said:

@MegMain98 said:

Oh good grief, the whole 4 man swf with all P3 claudette's/Meg's is way overused to the point that anytime someone uses it you can dismiss it. I play several characters and neither my Meg nor my Claudette if I play them uses DS or flashlights.

Most lobbies i'm in 1 person at most has had DS even for duo's running together it's rare to see more than 1 and sometimes there's none at all. I've been repeatedly dodged the last week with no items, no P3 outfits and people loading in singly.

Exactly. It's so overplayed. Killers will say anything to dodge a game. I rarely ever play 4 man SWF, if i do SWF its usually with 1 other person. I dont use Flashlights because of how weak they are. They make you waste time you could be doing gens, make you way to altruistic, and forces you into a vulnerable postion. Plus theyre so easy to counter its ridiculous.