We have been made aware of two new exploits that could potentially be abused to ruin the enjoyment of others. While our team investigates and fixes these issues, we will be banning players who abuse the following (in accordance of our game rules, which can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/):
- 2+ killers in a match exploit: Abusing bugs to join a public match a second killer
- Legion mend time exploit: Abusing a bug with Filthy Blade and Nasty Blade add-ons to greatly extend mending time

If you witness a player abusing the Legion mend time exploit, please be sure to report them through the in-game report system. There is no need to report the 2+ killers in a match exploit. We have access to data that will allow us to find the players abusing the exploit.

why do a lot of survivors hate legion?

mintmint Member Posts: 28

A lot of survivors (especially the really skilled/high hour ones) seem to hate legion. why? Whenever I play against them it seems like they get gen rushed, and only end up killing one person. Maybe I'll grow to hate them now that the new patch is out.

Comments

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

Survivors hate when they cant feel safe while looping

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 732

They are the most annoying killers alongside the fact that Frank’s Mix Tape is a broken add-on at the moment. I dunno, I just dislike Legion especially due to the fact that 50% of my games nowadays are against Legion. Didn’t know I could dislike a killer more than I did
    Freddy

• mintchapstickmintchapstick Member Posts: 312

They don't like having to change their playstyles or that he causes problems for SWF teams (no working on gens together, bodyblocking doesn't work, discourages grouping up).

• JLewJLew Member Posts: 47
    Because he can find you easily a lot of the time and cant really loop him like other killers....not meant to survive which is gg imo
  • TigerKirby215TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 466

Put as bluntly as possible the moonwalk / Bloodhound chase bug makes them literally uncounterable.
    In more expanded terms: Pretty much the only counter to Legion is time. There's no room for skilled gameplay to evade Legion. They just follow you and consistently stab you with their speed boosts until you're finally downed. You can't dodge their power effectively like you can against Billy/Huntress(/Nurse *citation needed) and unlike other "undodgable" powers like Myers you can't loop because Legion can vault pallets and windows. Legion is basically Nurse for stupid people and there's literally no counter other than gen rushing unless the Legion is a potato and lets you constantly stun them and can't turn around fast enough to stab you if you hug a pallet.
    Legion is also a massive time waster in their own right which makes countering them by gen rushing a lot harder. Mending takes awhile and choosing to heal takes even more time. (Especially if they have Sloppy Butcher.) Thanataphobia is also commonly run and can slow the game down as well, though it's not exactly the most effective perk. And heaven forbid they have Remember Me or Dying Light because the game is basically unwinnable if they do.

@Master said:

Not the main issue...Nurse is even better at avoiding loops, she is literally unloopable and players don’t complain as much about her as they do Legion. Legion has been out for a month and is already the least liked killer on BOTH survivor and killer side

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 316

I don't hate legion I love susie but that not the point as a Survivor I don't like facing them one Survivor normally get hook till death hard to get away from them.

• vampire_toothyvampire_toothy Member Posts: 202

@mint said:
    A lot of survivors (especially the really skilled/high hour ones) seem to hate legion. why? Whenever I play against them it seems like they get gen rushed, and only end up killing one person. Maybe I'll grow to hate them now that the new patch is out.

Legion has a long line of issues and unfortunately a lot of this stems from the fact that there really isn't that many interactions in the game at all to account for a killer as fundamentally broken as legion. When I play legion there is no skill involved and I know that I'm guaranteed a kill or even more by moonwalking or using frank's mixtape, with legion the outcome is always very predictable and it simply comes down to "will the survivors do the gens or heal?", if the answer is gens you lose but not without taking someone down with you, if the answer is heal you win. Unlike Nurse, legion can break the game with no skillful impact as all skill is removed because I can vault windows, pallets and if I really wanted to be a dick, I can moonwalk to ensure every single chase ends in 20 seconds or less. As a survivor I know that nearly anything I do against a legion will be meaningless as anything I do will result in me being hit anyways. For these reasons, a lot of the previously most hated killers (Nurse, Freddy, Doctor) ended up being less hated than Legion and for me it's gotten to the point where I actually feel relief going against Nurse because there is at least something I can do as a player.

TL;DR - Legion removes skill and nothing matters as the game becomes a preset result.

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

He’s the worst killer to have ever have been made. Everything is fundamentally wrong with him. He is weak as hell, but the one poor soul he chooses can never win. It should be the exact opposite. Survivors should be able to outplay in chase, but the killer should be threatening to everyone at once. It’s basically a 3 Escape with some guy being absolutely tortured as they are cut by an unavoidable butter knife. Literal death by a thousand cuts

Yes its just bad design..... Just like freddy he needs a rework ASAP, but we missed our chance and didtn complain enough. Now he will stay in this way forever since BHVR wont get money for reworks...

@MegMain98 said:

@Master said:

Not the main issue...Nurse is even better at avoiding loops, she is literally unloopable and players don’t complain as much about her as they do Legion. Legion has been out for a month and is already the least liked killer on BOTH survivor and killer side

Survivors hate nurse too

• BroosmeisterBroosmeister Member Posts: 230
    Because they are all the same, almost every legion uses the same perks. All you do in a game is mend & heal for 2 minutes just to be slapped again. And there is no counterplay to him, only pallet stun, but they will keep respecting the pallets.

@Master said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Master said:

Survivors hate nurse too

Of course survivors hate Nurse because she’s the best killer in the game if the players is good at her, but she requires skill and many survivors will notice that. Nurse has SOME counterplay, Legion does not.

Legion takes no skill whatsoever. They stab you with a butter knife 28 times then you have to waste you time meding yourself and if Legion DOES want you dead then they can simply tunnel you and make your game awful. Like @Jack11803 stated previously, the games are usually a 3 escape with one guy being tortured all game.

• feechimafeechima Member Posts: 137

In order to play Legion effectively, most people resort to the worst play styles. Exploiting chase (walking backward/looking down.)Tunneling the bejesus out of one guy because if you follow them with Legion they are going to get hit no matter what. Legion like Doc and Freddy also force survivors into a repetitive state of, 'oh not this deep wound sh*t again'. I personally dislike Freddy the most because of his constant waking sleeping syndrome you get forced into. Also with deep wound, you can't see a thing on dark maps until you mend, which you'll never get to do thanks to Bloodhound.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 414
    edited January 23
    A decent legion will never be unable to eventually down a singular survivor as long as the exit gates are not open. There is no counterplay via stealth or otherwise (some chase jukes work against less skilled legions), so survivors use their last resort “counter”—doing generators as fast as possible. I think @ScottJund said that playing Legion is like playing a single player game, which DbD is not. Legion has very little ability outside of applying deep wounds to a survivor, and survivors can do almost nothing except do gens. It’s not fun for people who want to be playing Dead by Daylight in any way.
  • LateralLateral Member Posts: 77

Because Legion is easy-mode, hand-held, babied, pay 2 win, crutch Killer?

• JoannaVOJoannaVO Member Posts: 567

Frank's Mix Tape + Cold Dirt

• Mrrgle_the_MediocreMrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 324

@Lateral said:

...But he isn't even good at sacrificing. He can target one person and guarantee they're done for, but everyone else will get away if they have even an ounce of skill in them. He's just a poorly designed killer. He's fun for no one involved.

edited January 24

@Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said:

@Lateral said:

...But he isn't even good at sacrificing. He can target one person and guarantee they're done for, but everyone else will get away if they have even an ounce of skill in them. He's just a poorly designed killer. He's fun for no one involved.

Yet nobody likes to play against Legion because their massively OP. funny that.I'll usually just leave immediately just on principal in hope that if enough people can drain as much fun from their unfairly balanced class as possible, that they'd just stop playing because they cant get any matches that are worth their time.

But hey it's not about fairly balancing the game, it's about holding the Killers hand to make sure they don't cry tears of napalm burning the forum to the ground.

@Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said:

@Lateral said:

Yet nobody likes playing against them because their massively OP.

I'll continue to boycot any and all matches vs Legion till something is done, in the mean time if I can drain as much fun from their unfairly balanced gaming experience as possible then all good.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 9,032

@Mister_Holdout said:
    From a killer main's perspective, Legion is dreadfully boring. No skill cap whatsoever.

You mean low skill cap. No skill cap would mean one could theoretically become infinitely good with them.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 558

He is the easiest and most stupid designed Killer that can exist. Of course he needs more hits to down someone than other Killers, but it is a guaranteed Down, als long as the Killer is not completely incompetent. You cannot run away from him. And you cannot even dodge the Hits, he is very forgiving for mistakes. You did not hit the Target the first time during Frenzy? No worries, you have another try right away. Every other Killer gets penalized for poor Hits while Legion can simply spam M1.

Of course this all applies to one Person, but when you really get tunneled by him, it is just not fun. You can have a long chase (you most likely will), but that is all, you will not get out of this game. Which is in general fine, I feel that Pipping is Winning for me, but I would like to know that it is because of the Player and not the Killer.

Even bad Legion players will most likely get one Kill. If a bad Nurse-Player is going around, he will not have a guaranteed kill or win a chase guaranteed.

And then of course there is that kind of playstyle where Legion simply follows moonwalking or waits nearby until you have to mend. There is no way in avoiding this.

• ChiChi Member Posts: 611
    1. No counter against their power. Ah they use their power? Well that is me hit. Juke them? Nah, their frenzy hitbox is too big to do anything against.
    2. Frank's Mixtape
    3. Mending, mending and more mending. Oh god kill me now, I am so bored.
    4. Chase exploits. Moonwalking so you go down while the killer is still chasing you.
    5. Not being able to see anything while in deep wound. I have legit ran into the killer because I couldn't see what was going on due to the dark screen and all the blood.

These are my reasons.

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 1,499

@Chi said:
    1. No counter against their power. Ah they use their power? Well that is me hit. Juke them? Nah, their frenzy hitbox is too big to do anything against.
    2. Frank's Mixtape
    4. Chase exploits. Moonwalking so you go down while the killer is still chasing you.
    5. Not being able to see anything while in deep wound. I have legit ran into the killer because I couldn't see what was going on due to the dark screen and all the blood.

These are my reasons.

Can I just highlight how hard it is to see anything while in deep wound. It's an issue. I'd rather have the black and white old BT affect, honestly.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 3,197

Two words: No counterplay.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 831

i am a skilled survivor, and i don't hate he legion *waves a lil flag

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,248

The game literally becomes single player, there is almost no interaction, everything is handed to the killer but the killer is still terrible.

I would rather play against nurses and billies rather than the legion, ez trade.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 6,916

@Chi said:
    2. Frank's Mixtape

These are my reasons.

This but also add in You can't hide in lockers if you know he's coming because he sees the heartbeat and add to that the reduced stun timer and cancelling doesn't deplete the power gauge anymore.

He can also cancel early then either M1 you down or go back into frenzy again and take you down then read a book and know he's got a guaranteed down.

While Nurse and Freddy are annoying and hated they at least have some counterplay with him right now with Frank's/Dirt or Blade and then Thana/Sloppy/ and w/e they want to bring it's usually a 2-4k game.