Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I like what I'm seeing...

KayTwoAyyKayTwoAyy Member Posts: 765

I just wanted to drop in and say that the recent PTB really caught my eye.

It looks like a promising step in the right direction, and I hope to see health patches of similar quality in the future.

I haven't played since Jan 4th, and I moved DBD into my "Permentantly Uninstalled" category on Steam.

After wrestling with the game on-and-off thru the latter half of 2021, I really believed my time in the fog was up. Confidence in the dev team reached an all-time low by January of 2022, and I'm still skeptical about the future of DBD.

That said, patch 5.7.0 looks like a solid 10/10 (known issues aside), and I see myself dropping in for a day or two to see whats new.

The hemorrhage rework really excites me, and I hope killers find it alleviates some of the stress they experience against coordinated SWFs. "No more 99% heals" is going to be the talk of the town, but I see this change having a bigger impact on survivors who heal mid chase and within the killer's terror radius. It also opens the door for perks & add-ons that can temporarily "stop the bleeding."

With nearly 2.5k hours under my belt, I'm not looking for flashy changes. The last 7 DLC releases have been a total flop, despite what player counts at the time might've told you, so no one should have any reason to believe an 8th DLC is going to turn this game around.

Keep bringing the quality of life improvements--figure out how DBD can maximize its great player experiences--and I promise you I'll come back for another 2.5k hours.

If you've read this far, and you want to share your unfiltered thoughts on DBD atm, I'd love to hear them.

Comments

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,434

If that change was enough to get you excited, I am surprised you ever left. Maybe you just needed a break, it happens. You do not need to commit to leaving. You can just chill and wait until the mood returns.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,526

I think its a step in the right direction too.

Outside of facing a really experienced killer, survivor is often just really safe to play. (I'm not saying the game is survivor sided its possible to beat even the most coordinated teams).

It just lacks something as a lot of gameplay isn't that threatening. When you got time to pause and heal mid chase something is kinda off. This is a step in the right direction.

Although I'll miss the power of 99'ing your heal, DH for pallet and then pop the full heal to reset 100% of killer pressure mid chase, but lets be real that shouldn't be a scenario in the first place.

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 4,436

“Solid 10/10” - if you only play killer, I guess.

Eh, if you can heal mid chase, you deserve it as far as I am concerned. The game is HELLA survivor sided, but not for this reason. That is just silly to complain about, in my opinion.

Oh I’m not complaining. I used it a lot myself, it just shouldn’t have been as easy to do as it often was.

It’s good to see changes that may make game conditions more threatening and safe plays a lil less safe.

My bad, I didn't mean to imply that you were complaining. I am just surprised this change happened and I assume it was because of negative feedback. But you never know with Behavior, they might have just felt like it.

Nah it sounded like I was complaining. Lol.

you are right there a few more pressing mechanics that need a redress but I’m glad to see something lacklustre like haemorrhage get some changes. I’m excited to give sloppy butcher a try again.

• TostapaneTostapane Member Posts: 780

this won't change nothing... the added effect on hemorrage status ins't too much problematic since by common sense you'll start healing when you aren't chased and the killer is elsewhere... it's the "ruin" of healing to put it shortly, it could be effective only when you actually start pressuring survivors, but it won't aid you to gain time passively like the mangled effect under certain circumstances do... once again only high mobility killers will take advantage of this effect

• KayTwoAyyKayTwoAyy Member Posts: 765
    Across 5-6 thousand games, I most likely played Survivor 80% of the time (solo queued roughly 60% of that).

The game has been so easy for survivors for so long, that the foundation on which the game is built is crumbling under itself. Survivors are bored--they're not attacking the objective with any real sense of urgency, and they're often seen acting against their team's own interests.

BHVR cannot correctly assess which direction the game needs to go in when so many players are refusing to participate in normal gameplay.

A buff for 2 very underwhelming killers and a new mechanic that Survivors need to play around is a very healthy addition to the game. It doesn't solve all the problems, but its a step in the right direction.