Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

They said steam charts are finally going up

AdaezAdaez Member Posts: 771
edited April 9 in General Discussions

Looks like they are going down again.

Comments

• AdaezAdaez Member Posts: 771

And looks like its still not enough,who knows,maybe one day they will understand the players wont go up and will slowly decline unless they improve the gameplay experience by fixing the things people been complaining for years.

They will get more players on anniversary but as usual,after it will slowly die out again.

• Basement_Bubba420Basement_Bubba420 Member Posts: 242

I see what you are saying.

How is it possible that the overall game population has a ratio of 1:5.45 and yet the queue is 1:50. That doesn't make any sense. Do Killers just drop out of the game after their match that night?

Sure, some survivors die early and enter the queue sooner but in my experience any death that occurs before exit gates or 1 maybe 2 gens remaining is followed quickly by the deaths of the rest of the survivors (2-3 minutes avg unless killer is being nice).

The queue is a reflection of the ratio overall. Survivors wouldn't be waiting 4-5 minutes on average late at night if the actual ratio was 1:5.45.

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 1,470
    edited April 9

Please tell me how having 1 Killer to 545 survivors no bad? That would mean there are 541 players unable to play. The current game should have a much better ratio.

Edit

After closer inspection I determine I need my dam eyes checked I take back my previous comment for a more understanding and somewhat funny one at my expense......ahem

I as blind as the Wraith getting hit by a hackers Perma flashlight on a sunny day.....that is all.

Post edited by VikingDragonXii on
  • JeanCharpentierJeanCharpentier Member Posts: 358
    edited April 9

Ringu is not a significant license ?

It's the biggest license chapter with Hellraiser and Stranger Things.

For the horror fan, Ringu is in the Top 1.

We do not want to see DbD dying but fact is it is dying just because of SBMM...

Post edited by JeanCharpentier on
  • oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,804

They're not talking about 545, but 5.45. A bit less than five-and-a-half.

• KateDunsonKateDunson Member Posts: 711
    edited April 9

Also lately people (me included) came back to try the new MMR tests, they werent worth my time and i had an awful experience in all of them and closed the game right after a single killer game, but still, it says a lot of the game current state

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 1,470

Oh man I didn't even see that decimal point....well now I feel stupid for missing that lamo....now thier post makes more sense I was like how is that ratio fair lmao.

Some survivors leave the match quicker. The average kill count is 2 per game. The last kill most likely occurs during the last minute or so in the game if it's not a 4K. There isn't much here that would describe such a disparity in the ratio.

Certainly, a small drop in the number of killers can produce a large disparity in the queue ratio but nothing like 1:50. Again, the previous poster provided a good example with numbers indicating a 1:5.45 ratio being possible overall and 1:50 queue ratio existing.

However, my question still remains. If players are exiting matches and requeueing at a constant rate (in near parity, I estimate the avg difference between the first survivor exiting the match and the killer exiting the match at about 5 minutes at most) how do queue times get so large? It's like killers leave the match and disappear.

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 1,521

Been saying this from the start of these discussions. Resident Evil brought in a record amount of people, so of course there were going to be big losses when the player base re-stabilized. I think DBD will never really die until it's no longer supported. A rock-solid amount of us simply love the game and stick around despite its flaws.

• TiufalTiufal Member Posts: 963

People still ignoring all the reasons mentioned 100 times before to justify there fake news of a dying game. Humankind is doomed.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 5,825

It’s gonna keep going up and down period.

• MrPeanutbutterMrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 834

The Friday peak on Steam this week was about 36,000, which is the lowest I’ve seen it in a long time. Definitely not a good sign and is indicative of the continuing trend of people being frustrated with the lack of urgency by BHVR to address key issues that the community have been complaining about for a long time.

• MrPeanutbutterMrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 834
    edited April 9

This is really interesting (and not surprising) data. Do you have a link to these blogs where the data are available? I’d be super interested to read. If I’m BHVR, those killer to survivor ratios are alarming but yet we see they remain hesitant to make any quality of life improvements for killers (actually have done the opposite with things like adding boons to the game). It’s not surprising at all that they are seriously looking at adding bots to the public matches. Pretty soon that’s the only way survivors will be able to play without horrendously long queue times.

Supposedly BHVR is deleting posts that provide the link. They deleted my post on steam that contained the link with no explanation of course. Google "DBD player populations and network traffic" and you should be able to find the blog.