Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Killers should stop expecting easy 4K every match

Comments

• eaebreeeaebree Member Posts: 288

As i said i switch lobbies and when i'm sure they will play good i'm in you can tell when you see them honestly

• eaebreeeaebree Member Posts: 288
    edited April 9

Good solos mate trust me and for everything other you say i totaly agree with you. 3 man swf will not carry you they will try to lure killer to you and bully you solos are real bros in this game if you get good ones

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,012
    edited April 9

I'd disagree. Both are difficult, in different ways. And I say this as a certified killer main.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • MikaelaWantsYourBoonMikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 2,676

What we should expect?

• SpaghettiYOLOSpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 148

All it took was 2 sentences before I was like 'wait... who posted this?'.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,012

Here's the one thing I learned about playing killer.

After a certain point, it's not about the ability to chase. It's about gamesense and decision making. Chasing can be very difficult as killer, but if you plan your approach smartly and are good at anticipating where survivors will be, you can often circumvent them partially - unless you're playing someone like Onryo, Pig, Myers etc. Those killers desperately need help.

• DangerScouseDangerScouse Member Posts: 945

Nah. Even solo survivor you have 3 others to do gens, while you loop the killer. And it's not hard to loop most killers while at least 3 gens get done.

Killer has only themselves and can't be in 4 places at once.

• TiufalTiufal Member Posts: 989

Its nothing new that killer players expect this game to be a slasher-simulator. They are entitled to be the winner and nothing else.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,461

last killer you pointed out are the ones I play tho I have I think 8 or 9 main killers I need to count but yea I know how to play smart end a chase if needed but don't alway help.

• ChiSoxFan11ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 955

Very true.

I'll repeat what I said above -- playing killer is NOT as bad as some people make it out to be, and this comes from someone who plays all the killers, but prefers Pig gameplay above everything else. I'm far more successful than not playing her, even while playing "fair", so I feel that even the "weakest" killers can be viable, even against really good survivors (though I'd obviously be even better if I could master Nurse, for example). It doesn't mean it's a completely balanced, or fun for that matter, experience, though (or survivor, or solo survivor for that matter either) -- and the unbiased people on this forum understand that.

When people on either "side" make outlandish claims -- that playing survivor is impossible, or ridiculously easy -- or they make the same claims about playing killer -- then those takes distract from the real balance discussions that might be had if not for the unnecessary noise. My hope (and what I suspect) is that the devs who read this forum know well enough to ignore that noise from either end when it comes to coming up with solutions for better balancing the game. There are a lot of experienced players on this forum who have good perspectives on how the game works -- and what could be done to make it better -- who are worth listening too. It's too bad they sometimes get drowned out by the "[Insert killer/role/perk/playstyle/etc. here] is too hard for me, please nerf" threads that are all too common.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,833

That goes both ways....it would be a breath of fresh air to spawn on a map and not see Entity claws on a gen, or Ruin, or POP. And now Dead Man's Switch.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,995

I honestly agree, with the title, at least. I bet people would have a lot more fun against competent survivors if they stopped using a 4k as the golden standard. It has been MONTHS of mmr. If they haven't gotten the picture yet, they never will.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,358

Survivor has it easy, the only time that there is a sense of pressure is when the killer devotes 100% attention to one person.

Ps. Tunneling is fair as the devs stated that survivors are treated as a 1v1 for balance purposes.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,833

It is already there. The 4 survivors are on the map for the entertainment of the killer.

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 3,476

Not a fair conclusion to come to imo

Killer is typically always hard due to the 4 v 1 nature and many other factors

Solo survivor is hard depending on various circumstances out of a solo players control. SWF is easier because you can tell your teammates what to do/coordinate properly

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,995

It really is not fair though. The game is asymmetrical and the killer has huge favor in a 1v1. The game is so survivor sided that it can seem to not be the case as gens can be finished before a map is rid of all pallets... But still, that is just further to the point that it is not "fair." I am not saying it has to be fair either, but it sure as hell is not, either way you slice it.

I am not anti tunnel either, but facts is facts, cuh.

• fernandosilveirascfernandosilveirasc Member Posts: 37

I'm a killer main, but I also play losts of survivor with friend (and sometimes solo), so I get the feel both ways. The people I play with as a survivor, are average at best, me included, and matches vary wildly between getting boddied, being competitive and boddying a killer. As a Killer I feel I get more 3-4k than not, which either says i'm a good killer, or the game is not survivor sided. And that is not using only good killers, I play mostly wraith, bubba, nemesis, plague, huntress and as of late i'm learning nurse.

Só the feeling I get, is that for an average player, like myself (700h, about 40%s60%k), the game is pretty balanced (with he excepetion of NOED, which is a douchebag perk), I don't see the nerfs on survivor being a deal breaker for people to whine so much, neither the buffs on killer too strong o make killers unstopable.

Also by what I can tell, most of the whinning (NOT ALL) is done by people who only play one or the other and feel entitled to always win.

Now, one thing I can say is, as a survivor, if you play outside the meta perks, you end up having a bad time, which kinda sucks, makes you very limited. Either you are very skilled and can try different stuff, or you meme and lose. As for killer, you have a larger range of builds to play with and still get 4k.

• SS007SS007 Member Posts: 168

OP is ignoring your replies and doesn't reply to them since you're saying the absolute truth !

• Alphasoul05Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 524
    edited April 9

The stronger side received more nerfs than the other: More, at 11.

Weird how people can give solid arguments against specific perks or designs in the game without the goal being easy 4ks, but I guess that doesn't quite work for the illogical. And yes, solo queue survivor is a nightmare, but solo queue survivor being a nightmare doesn't mean killer ezoplole. You don't sit there and go "Well, this sucks for me as a solo survivor, so any complaint a killer has is irrelevant." to justify your silly statements.

Bad survivors make bad complaints, bad killers make bad complaints. If the only thing someone ever has to say is nothing but survivor this, survivor that, or killer this, killer that, then they're hard to take seriously. Kind of like.. this post.

• Dennis_van_eijkDennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,523

Been playing solo from day 1 and i can tell you with absolute certainty that is not as hard as you make it sound, in all fairness it's a walk in the park when playing survivor.

Now don't get me wrong as this doesn't apply to everyone who plays survivor (you for example), some people are just terrible at making the right decision and think that side is terrible and in a bad state.

This goes for both roles btw and not only 1 side.

Just because you make terrible decisions doesn't mean that side you play is terrible to play, it's just you who make the wrong reads and makes the wrong decisions at the wrong time.

A little friendly suggestion for you, just record your gameplay and look back at it.

See where you can improve, look at what decision you made and if it was a bad or a good decision, evaluate your gameplay.

Just don't come bitching about what side is fair and which side is not, which side is harder and which is easier after you have some bad matches.

Calm down, watch back, learn and improve.

Yes i have done this many times with my gameplay and when i watched it back i realized it was me who was playing badly and improved it afterwards.

Also as a little side note to end this.

Neither killer should expect an easy 4K nor should survivors expect an easy 4E, simple as 🤘

• Dennis_van_eijkDennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,523

So I've heard as well, yet I've never seen any proof of that.

Yes I've seen stats on a leaderboard but never seen actual gameplay from them.

If they are really this good as nurse than they still have a lot to learn to become a decent survivor