Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Let’s see how Killer mains will still complain about COH even though it’s nerfed again..

i bet Killer mains will still complain about COH (even when it’s nerfed for 2nd time now..) Let’s wait and see. Your comments and threads saying: WE WON.. makes me thinks how childish some people are. It’s not like we also said this cap when Deathslinger/Spirit got nerfed.

Comments

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,868

If I were make a bet it'll be the replaceability of Boons... Just saying

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 2,245

next nerf will probably be 11%/22%/33% from 40%/45%/50%.

• CameragoshaCameragosha Member Posts: 630

It still heal fast , please nerf it again.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 3,209

Honestly it might be still too strong, no joke.

I thought after the nerf it would be self heal at 50% slow speed same like selfcare, which would be fine and still stronger than selfcare. But it is not. It is still faster than that + Its for everyone in the team.

It could be nerfed again. Wouldn't mind it.

• KurriKurri Member Posts: 1,599

Regardless it's always going to be really strong on a SWF, because it's a free perk for the whole team.

• AngyKillerAngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

OP says, knowing full well Survivors do the same crap about Killer perks and powers. 🙃

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,299

I haven't seen a single "WE WON" thread from these supposed killer mains.

What I have seen are a bunch of well-reasoned and insightful posts about how most folks didn't want it nerfed in this fashion. They wanted Circle (and boons in general) to be a powerful but limited resource. Their infinite nature means that they'll always have to have a weak effect to not be oppressive.

And honestly? Circle? Still a good perk. A-tier. It's telling how incredibly overpowered it was at launch that it's been scaled back drastically and is still a really good perk.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,218

Out of curiosity how long does it take to do the self heal using CoH with the new nerf? Basically that’s the main parameter to balance, if that’s slow enough to not be overpowered but fast enough to not be worthless then the perk is fine. (After all, if it took a full minute or longer to heal yourself for instance it would be pointless to try, you’d be taking yourself out of the match doing it.)

• MrPeanutbutterMrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 974

It’s still an unlimited 5th perk for the other three survivors who didn’t bring it. That’s always been the chief complaint about this perk (and boons in general). The unlimited nature of boon perks still hasn’t been touched by the devs.

• venom12784venom12784 Member Posts: 666

The thing is they nerfs arent the right nerfs. Just decreasing the percentage doesn't really affect it. When killers have other objectives to do. Chase survivors patrol gens and now patrol totems.

Coh is low risk high reward, killer sniffs out your totem go do another one no big deal. You can keep it at 75% but make boon use limited like hexes so if the killer breaks it it can't be used anymore

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,868

It's the replaceability factor that gets me

Plus healing is really strong...

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 5,566

My complaint about boons have always been the fact there is no limit to how many times a survivor can place bless a totem.

That has yet to be address, so my complaint still exist.

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

Play Bubba bois.

Ignores BT, doesn't care about CoH. And chops right through DH

• VampwireVampwire Member Posts: 567

The issue with COH is in the design. It's a 5th perk for your entire team AND a healing beacon. So you can place it in certain spots to make it a net loss for the killer to kick the totem. i.e leaving their gen patrol, having to look around for it on the other side of the map. The flaw isn't just the healing speed, it's the entire design.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 3,111
    edited April 14

if CoH only offered bonus healing speed, even at its original PTB/launch values, the best boon would easily be Shadowstep .

CoHs problem isn't the heal speed. It's the fact that it essentially spawns a limitless amount of Brown medkits for all survivors, all for the low low price of 1/16th of available perk slots. Talk about power creep.

Survivors normally have a finite amount of resources. Even with 4 Ranger Kits on The Game, a killer can burn through the kits and remove all the pallets and leave the survivors with nothing except for the co op actions. if you need to heal, you to need to work together. Minus of course Self Care, but that's a fine perk.

Now survivors as a team have an infinite resource through Circle of Healing. You cant ever exhaust it except by flat out killing every survivor that has a boon. They don't need to group up anymore, they can visit the boon at their own leisure.

The perks actual problem isn't being addressed, so it's fair to not just accept whatever we are being given. I want CoH nerfed properly, but I also want it to be a fun perk that people would want to use.

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 3,660

IMO the self heal from COH should be at 24 seconds. After messing with the math last time this was discussed, I believe that would be 33%.

• ZeidoktorZeidoktor Member Posts: 1,385

I've personally wondered if the devs have been looking to get Circle of Healing under control before looking at Boons as a whole. CoH has been the problem child for Boons from the get-go, to the point I personally believe it single-handedly tainted the idea of Boons as a whole. I can't imagine as much of an issue if the first Boons had been Shadowstep and either Exponential or Dark Theory.

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

The day the announced the perk there was an actual, "We Won" thread posted by Killers, and I think it had 6 f*cking pages of Killers patting themselves on the back.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/316816/coh-nerfed-we-won-guys-we-won

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

This was a response to a Killer-main that was saying survivors were being coddled. Maybe it's not the best way to go about it but d*mn, survivors haven't gotten any new that's usable, perk-wise, in 4 years except for Circle of Healing.