Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Can different killers NOT have different MMR?

Title.

Comments

• JohnWick1654JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 484

Because I don't need to get used to killer, I can pick them up in less than 4-3 games

That logic is trash, because you can't just get worse survivors just because you're playing a weak killer

I have seperate MMR on Nurse,

it is the ONLY killer where the survivors I play against don't suck

• MrPebblesMrPebbles Member Posts: 151

It's pretty much the same, if you raise your mmr all killers mmr raise as well. The difference is mild or completely random for what I've noticed.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,279

The killer MMR deviation is very small.

• GannTMGannTM Member Posts: 9,614

A lot of killers' skills can transfer to other killers pretty easily. Not every killer can, but most can.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,963

Isn´t that how its right now? I remember someone losing 50 matches in a row, while learning a new killer.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,279

I lost like twenty games at plague when I picked her up. It was awful. I went back to legion and clown for a long time. They play completely differently.

• drsoontmdrsoontm Member Posts: 2,673
    edited April 14

<question redacted>

Clown, Legion, Nurse, Hag : same MMR. Don't you feel there is something wrong with this picture?

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I would not like it if my Freddy had the same MMR rating as Demogorgon

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,565

Ah...I do think that the 'new killer' MMR needs a tweak, because I know that when I start learning someone I'm going to spend a few games getting absolutely clobbered.

That said, I absolutely prefer different killers having a different MMR. If my Trapper shared the same rating as my Hag, that would mean my Trapper having a bad time or a lot of survivors having a bad time when I play Hag.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,975

I know that feel, fam. It ruined Freddy for me. And tanking the mmr doesn't seem to be helping. No idea how many games I need to lose until it gives me normal survivors again.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,495

Killers should have individual ranks/mmr.

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 1,671

Yeah, I would only use like 3-4 killers if my killer MMR was the same across the board. I have a handful of killers I am really good with and predominantly use, but I also like to be able to play most of the other killers for variety and not get absolutely rinsed, which is exactly what would happen. If I wanted to meme around with Myers or Trapper but went against the same squads I do with my mains, it would be freaking miserable.

And every new killer release would see survs running roughshod over even experienced killer players as they learn them.

It is as it should be.

Except there should absolutely also be a practice mode, a separate discussion but a drum that can't be beaten enough.

So the MMR is designed for OTP players that are only good at one specific killer?

Well, I guess I'm gonna have to spend antoher 1k hours just to raise my MMR on other killers, basicaly hit Rank 1 on every single individual killer

Yet it feels like they do, yet when I don't play nurse the survivors I face are easily mindgameable, get constantly caught in the open, do stupid dicisions, etc.

I don't get how you get clobbered, I bought Trickster and got a 4k and Adept Trickster achievment...

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,609

Im not sure if the numbers are close to reality, and most of them is just leaked content, but just to describe my thoughts and the problem I see I use them to get a rough idea.

I think it is like a kill as killer can give you around 20-25 points of MMR, meaning a game could buff you 100 points. With a maximum of 1900 and I heard something like "the maximum difference between your best and worst killer is 200" it would mean that with a new killer you dont really have "weaker" survivors matched against you. With a maximum of 1900, 200 is not really that much of a range, especially when it only takes 2 games to get on the same level as your mastered killer.

I created a free Epic account back then to get some training with nurse as I really struggled to learn nurse on steam, as I don't really get helpful feedback if the survivor just played well or if I blinked bad, or if I even landed where I wanted to because I get bamboozled by the survivors. So the first 3 matches I got survivors that just run straight, so I could focus on my blinking and building up muscle memory. 4th game was already rough but I still got a late 4k, since then (again: just 4 games) it feels like I get matched against the same survivors as my 5000h steam account, that all know how to play against nurse.

And that was with a complete baby account. I think the MMR range and speed that you get up or down, combined with the limitation of max MMR and min MMR across all your killers doesnt really feel like it makes any difference to have killer specific MMR. If the numbers are slighty corrrect I would guess that something around +- 500 would be the minimum to notice a difference.

On another point, I think you cant even compare 115% killers with each other. Like pick blight. Compare him to Wraith? Serious? No way. If you cant manage to use Blights power appropriately, then it literally hurts you and makes you weaker than if you just use M1. But the point of ranking up your killer is making good use of your power right? So I think you should start at a much lesser value with new killers. If your decision is to M1 your way up in the ranks, then you will have a problem once you get up if you want to learn your power then, which would push you down quickly again.

Is it possible to ask for stats about the MMR spread? Like with emblem match making earlier and the reset to rank 10 it was like (rough guess) 80% of the DBD playerbase was at red ranks. I would like to know if the MMR system has a better spread, also would loooove to know how much the average adjustment is per player. Something like "within one week/month, 80% of the players have a range of 100 MMR (meaning they stay on like 1200 on average and within one week they dont leave the range from 1150-1250)"

That logic is not trash, because how would you be able to get to high MMR if you play a killer that struggles to get 4k? What do you think why you dont see specific killers a lot at high MMR? And who wants you to "hit Rank 1 on every single individual killer"? BHVR does not. There is not even a rank 1 in that regard

So you're saying a killer that struggles to get a 4k should automaticaly have low mmr?

Do you know that enables things like purpusefuly lowering MMR or smurfing to see other killers?

And as for rank 1, who cares about who I am, this is my thing, and if wanting to face good survivors on all killers is not allowed, burn me.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,296

Honestly I feel it doesn't matter what killer I pick. If survivors are waiting in que, the game will throw out my mmr and tell me to deal with it -.-

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,609
    edited April 15

I dont get your logic. Again: HOW should a killer that struggles to get 4k get to high MMR??

You need kills to raise your MMR or you won't rank up. So yeah, if you are a god survivor then you won't play vs a lot of Legions. You would need to lose on purpose to see many of them. Who as a good killer would pick a lot of Legion if your tools of having good games are plain limited and grant you a 4 escape everytime?

If you max your MMR with nurse and play always against the best of the best, then you would suck while playing Legion (just picking a random killer, pick whatever you like to be worst with). So to have decent games you need weaker survivors, or you get downranked. If it is your personal choice to play against the best of the best with every killer, then yes, invest the time to master every single killer to perfection to get there and earn the right to play against them, but don't force every other player to have the worst time of their lives by having the weakest killers play at their best MMR.

Some people like to have variety with many different killers, but dont want to invest the same amount into everyone. If it was your way, everyone would have to sort out half the roster or accept that they get stomped every match when they dont play their main killer

I wouldn't suck while playing Legion, or any other killer, I'm not bad.

I don't need weaker survivors to have decent games, I need harder survivors or else I will just 3k because I let them escape like 200 times,

I don't need to invest time to master every single killer to perfection, 90% of the killers don't even need that,

mastering the killer isn't really easy when the enemy isn't putting up any fight,

and lastly, are you really good if you get stomped on anything but your main? Or are you just OTP?

• AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Damn I miss playing in the potato ranks sometimes, lol.

Let's see here. April 3rd you made a thread complaining about facing a killer in rpd, a map you said you hadn't seen before, so I'm just going to guess this is your first 2 weeks or so having this game. You're still at the bottom of the mmr ranking, hopping between killers as you see all the shiny new toys each one has. It's a blast. (Which, as each killer has their own mmr means you've been staying at the bottom, facing the weakest survivor teams) Unfortunately it's not indicative of the game as a whole. I'd love to see the ss of your matches, I'm guessing most of the teams you face lack full perk loadouts, much less decent items. But it's ok. You'll get there in time.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,909

Looking forward to joining their livestream any day now.

• ReviloDBDReviloDBD Member Posts: 518

Yeah... Idk what other people's experience is but I can surely tell you that when I play new killers or killers that I haven't tried before, I still end up facing really competitive survivor teams quite regularly.

Often with full meta perks, everyone has DH of course, knows how to loop, and quite often Red Rank 1 so they play a lot more than I do lol

It really doesn't seem to matter which Killer I play or how much experience I have on them, most of the time.

• kizuatikizuati Member Posts: 1,144

Here's a suggestion: Y'all implemented new diffuculties,if a killer is very different,make their MMR separate so you can learn them.