Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Addons that should not exist

The comunity always has those addons that are hated more than others, 3 blink nurse for example. But what addons you especifically hate?

I personally dislike pinhead Iridescent Lament Configuration, because it is super opressive against solo survivors and won't make a big difference against a SWF. Not mentioning that pinhead's power make soloq hell even worse, because you can't coordinate who is going to the box.

From the survivor side, both insta-heals are unhealthy.

Comments

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,441

i dislike addons that feel like they exist just to make a killer feel more lame base kit. Sadako comes to mind here.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,441

in a perfect world, we wouldnt need DCB. I long for a day we can see an Iron Will change :<)

• CameragoshaCameragosha Member Posts: 461

Remove medkit out of game.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 6,685

I hate all the add-ons which are “balanced” by increasing how much scoring events are worth. Not only does increasing your score amount on an event have zero impact on the match itself, but it’s not even a very good way to get bonus bloodpoints because they’re under the 8k per category point cap. So if you play well you hit the cap anyway and get no bonus, and if you do poorly you don’t get too many scoring events and don’t get much bonus either, meaning it only gives an ok bonus if you are in the middle.

A common example of this type of add-on is Padded Jaws on Trapper which makes the traps not injure survivors but you get a bigger score per trap trigger. It’s such a terrible add-on, basically the only reason to ever use this is to flex and say “look, I won using with a handicap!”

I would love to see all these “increased score event” effects replaced with tangible effects that impact the match itself. Like for Padded Jaws, instead of traps being worth more score have them much faster to grab or let Trapper carry a bunch at once, or maybe even something unique like he can grab traps from lockers and the oldest trap on the map vanishes. Even for add-on which have a decent side benefit like Scratch Mirror on Meyers where you can’t increase Evil but you instead get to see auras, why does it still have the dumb score event boost too? Just replace that boost with some other benefit or maybe just increase the range of the aura reading or whatever if the add-on is statistically too weak.

And the frustrating part is they keep putting these sorts of add-ons in. Just in this new Legion rework for example they replaced one of Legion’s add-ons with a “you move a lot slower while Frenzied but Frenzy lasts longer and by the way it has a bigger score”. Why bother with the score on this add-on? If the extra duration is strong enough to balance out the slower speed then it’s already a reasonable add-on, nobody is going to care about the score boost, And even worse, of the extra duration isn’t enough to offset the slow speed, then you’ve got what is just a bad add-on all around.

• SuzuKRSuzuKR Member Posts: 2,063
    edited April 16

Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe/Styptic Agent in their current iterations.

Blood Amber without a minimum range to prevent it from nullifying mindgames in chase.

Alchemist Ring/Torn Bookmark/Kavanagh’s Last Breath/Heavy Panting/Mother-Daughter’s Ring/Tombstone Piece.

No other add-ons are an issue.

• q6iha34x1r69psli7pgq6iha34x1r69psli7pg Member Posts: 228

I think they do it as a joke, like you mentioned. The no mither equivalent to the killer.

• MurgleïsMurgleïs Member Posts: 408
    edited April 16

Uhhh ? Nurse without addons is WEAK. if she miss a blink, she needs ANOTHER blink just to close the distance made, and if she lost line of sight she might need a 3rd one.

I think all addons are alright, if anything some need a buff.

This game is 1 killer for 4 survivors, yet we have a HUGE deficit of killers in DBD. And the first thing you want to do is nerf them more ? LOL.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,694

Alchemist Ring x 1000

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 4,163
    edited April 16

Then what would you make her higher rarity addons (like the iris) all killers should have addons fitting of their rarity? Just because her basekit is strong doesnt mean all her addons should be horrible either. Like addons are there to make the killer stronger. (The higher the rarity the stronger) which is kinda ironic since some iris are the worst addons. But what can you do.

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 8,782

I wasn’t trying to say all of her add ons should be weak, I just don’t think she needs to have add ons that are game breaking strong.

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 3,490

Black Grease on Hillbilly. Once you get used to playing Billy, you will never get blinded by a flashlight. This addon is a cool idea that falls flat.

• HaunterofShadowsHaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,487

Tombstone piece and alchemist's ring.

• MurgleïsMurgleïs Member Posts: 408

S tier with addons maybe. Without addons, all you have to do is hold W to counter her.

• FauldsFaulds Member Posts: 893
    edited April 16

There is some add-ons that need nerfs and a lot of add-ons that need buffs. I think that the Myers add-ons that allow to mori are BS. Both of them. They are somehow balanced by their requirements... but they make the match really boring for the survivors. Blight Compound 33 and Alchemist ring are BS. They increase Blight power hugely without any downside. I agree that cherry blossom leaves no counterplay to survivor, and that it shouldn't be a thing. About mother daughter-ring and three blink add-ons... i don't know. Iri add-ons should be powerful and game changing. Maybe making the drawbacks heavier would suffice. Unfortunately, there is too many add-ons that are too weak and should be buffed... and i can't make an exhaustive list here.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 9,604

Pinky finger just needs a rework imo. The effects doesn’t suit clown’s playstyle and it’s very annoying to play against. Also cigar box can be a bit too strong in certain situations imo but I don’t know how to change it

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 1,521
    edited April 16

Alchemist's Ring

Dried Cherry Blossom

Kavanagh's Last Breath

Mint Rag

Redhead's Pinkie Finger

Tombstone Piece

Video Tape (Pig)

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,012

Eh.

Frankly, there are plenty of addons that shouldn't exist. Shroud of Separation on killer is a good example.

• BrimpBrimp Member Posts: 1,465

Styptic still acts like a health state when used correctly.

• egg_egg_ Member Posts: 846
    edited April 16

Like half of blight's add-ons, nurses range add-ons, MDR and dried cherry blossom, clowns pinky finger, iri head, rusty shackles and mint rag are the ones that come to mind. Mind that some of these aren't 'op', they're just unhealthy for the game.

On the survivor side, I think the only two problematic are only BNP and Styptic agent

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 7,014

Rusty shackles

I genuinely don't understand why this wasn't changed in patch 5.3.0

• ThanksForDailyThanksForDaily Member Posts: 994

"WHEN". Most killers when they see the heal animation they just waiting the 8 secs.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,190

People think that if a killer add-on has any meaningful effect, it's OP. They don't understand what add-ons are supposed to be.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,190