Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Spirit vs Iron Will Advice?

GrimReaperJr1232GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,210
edited April 19 in General Discussions

For a long time, I've barred myself from playing Spirit. Between generally being unfair and my inbox getting colorful messages ranging from "sweaty/the reason dbd is dying" to calling me various slurs, I found it hard to bring myself to play her.

Now, she's been changed. I set my messages to friends only. I have nothing stopping me from playing her now...

... except Iron Will. Before, I used Stridor because it was the only counter. Stridor was changed, and Iron Will (for some reason?) still completely muffles you and removes breathing sounds. So how am I supposed to do anything?

"Just listen for footsteps?" Between the chase music and audio breaking half the time, this is a major challenge.

"Short bursts" I'd agree if people didn't just pre-drop and hold W, leaving me to catch up as a 4.4 or phase and be completely blind/deaf. And no, I'm not going to run Dried Cherry Blossom.

Is it all just a prediction on where the survivor will go/is going at that point?

Comments

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 6,118

Don't go for longer phases against Iron Will users. Medium to short range only. Iron Will users almost always stop and double back, so coming out of phase where the scratch marks end will usually put you close. Use your eyes a lot and look for movement or lack thereof. You kind of have to piece a lot of it together against Iron Will since it has been bugged for years and they can't/won't change it

• squbaxsqubax Member Posts: 580

Listen for steps, on muddy maps like swam or red forest it helps a lot, iron will users will feel really secure against a spirit (because they are) but you can train to try and play around it, short burst might work if the survivors are not that good but if they have good pathing well... Try and use steps.

• VampiroxVampirox Member Posts: 395
    edited April 20

as a Spirit main:

Listen to Breaking and Footsteps

there is a lot of grassy areas too, watch for grass movement.

and lastly stop fake phasing at pallets i see a lot of Spirits doing this, we have audio cues now when we phase.

• ValikValik Member Posts: 1,245

You have 3 tools up your sleeve.

1.) Footsteps.

Yeah, I know they're hard, but they are the #1 tool in your kit. Not only should you listen to see if you can hear them, but if you cannot - it tells you a ton. They might have stopped sprinting or went a different direction. It's hard, but you'll get used to it.

2.) Grass.

Seeing the grass move gives you a 100% accurate tell of where they are. Grassy maps have a major advantage from this.

3.) Game Sense.

This is cheap, but it's true. Once you play enough matches, you'll begin to develop a 6th sense for the game. You'll be able to better anticipate what survivors will do and how they will do it. Once you play enough Spirit - you'll begin to learn this. In concert with the prior two, this can assure that you will land hits where you'd previously be lost.

• solidhexsolidhex Member Posts: 801
    edited April 20

There is no counter, a good survivor with Iron Will is not gamechanging but 3 or 4 will just destroy you. The problem is, you have so many options, and people sometimes play completely random. And they can hear you and react if they hear you phasing around that wall. Footsteps and grass only works on some maps and not in every situation.

I mained her but i dropped her because she just feels frustrating nowadays. Tracking can be really hard because sounds sometimes feel off (like i'm sure i'm above them but suddenly they're 5m away). I scrimmed with her a lot against comp survs so my viewpoint may be biased, she's probably fine in your usual pub games were bots just run in straight lines to the window, but even in pub games once you reached high mmr i feel like 2 iron will (plus the usual dead hards and DS's) are just common and that's not fun. Nurse is so much more fun and feels much more rewarding for the time i put into her....

• ProudRinMainProudRinMain Member Posts: 137