Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

it's just not fun any more.

deckyrdeckyr Member Posts: 586

i just tried to get adept sadako and got lobby after lobby of survivors bringing the strongest possible perks, playing as hard as they possibly could, and being nasty in the chat afterwards.

so i switched, equipped a bunch of strong perks including devour hope, stomped the hell out of the lobby i was in, and noone said anything to me

i don't feel good before doing that, and i don't feel good after doing it. i'm just not having fun no matter which way around i play. playing casually is impossible, and playing sweaty isn't fun it's just miserable even when i win.

i just really want something to be done about the strong perks on both sides. remove all the second health state perks from survivors, remove all the instadown perks from killers, and let's just play the video game normally again, yeah?

Comments

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,434

If you nerf both sides, the change is negligible, no? I mean, overall, cherrypicking hated perks from both sides would be plausible, but I do not think it would change the cycle of hate, per se.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 2,735

I feel you.

I am always trying to play nice most of the time but when you get 0-1 kill and let people unhook themselfs when exits are powered and then get tbagged, etc. Not fun.

But also when I turn on the "tryhard" mode and don't care about others and I feel dirty, not fun, frustraited even when I get 4K.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,434

I personally recommend not worrying about the dunks. If that is the only reason you are not having fun, it is an easy problem to solve. Well, I make it sound so simple, but really, you just need to not care. For all you know, they could be friendly bags because you let them go and they appreciate it? You never know.

• PirulukPiruluk Member Posts: 534

Before mmr I got very strong killers with meta perks, while teammates were potatoes.

Since mmr I get very casual killers(still meta perks but they playing relaxed), so for me mmr very good.

• NinthPixelNinthPixel Member Posts: 42

Keep playing nice and building a tolerance for getting bullied. Ironically, playing killer makes you a better person if you let it.

• CarrowCarrow Member Posts: 500
    edited April 21

Actually, nerfing perks wouldn't be enough, you also have to take maps into consideration since playing on Sheltered Woods and Gideon are nothing alike and a barely achieved win on one could be an utter stomp on the other. Unfortunately, BHVR is more preoccupied with hiding grades and giving bully squads and killers easier games than to, you know, actually balance the game and make it fun. If you aren't enjoying the game now, I'm sad to say it's only downhill from here.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 13,230

Not really.

It's still gen regression and it will be until base game mechanics are changed.

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited April 21

The old rank system was bad because bhvr made it bad on purpose.

Rank reset essentially got removed, They widened the search parameters so green players went up against red, they didn't remove the safety pip and they made it easier to pip the lower rank you were. All this to make players feel good instead of doing the opposite so they were correctly matched.

It won't happen because once they do something they refuse to admit they were wrong, (COH) but i would love it if they did a test with the old rank system with everything i mentioned changed.

• deKlaw_04deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,450

Does anyone not remember the “small op build” lmao

• PirulukPiruluk Member Posts: 534

In the old system I was in red rank after 3 weeks as newbie survivor....

• TostapaneTostapane Member Posts: 780

this is more or less what killers are enduring right now generally speaking... you started with the best intentions for a fair and funny match, playing with non meta killers and perks, but as always certain people will literally bully you to death cause they KNOW that they cannot loose (unless they want it happen) aganist certain killers in certain maps (especially when in a full swf with 2nd chances perks stacked and broken stuff like styptic agents or brand new parts), forcing you to start playing with meta killers and meta builds or resorting to nasty tactics such as camping and tunneling and you'll get why this game is becoming a chore to play each passed day.

the problem is the lack of variety present in those games: the fact that in order to barely get points (or kills if you gave more importance than bloodpoints) aganist sweaty teams you have to play scummy and in an unfun way, with the best stuff available. this could be interesting sometimes, but it get old very fast (don't worry, it's the same thing when you play survivor: finding only blights and nurses with the best builds and addons could be a challenge, but in the long run it become annoying, boring and frustrating)... in all this remember that most of those people are EXTREMELY toxic without reasons and you don't have the tools to make them pay for this behavior (reports are useless since devs won't even consider reading tickects anymore) and you'll got a general picture of why people don't like those things

• RezblazeRezblaze Member Posts: 843
    edited April 21

I'm wondering how balanced things will be if people remove ######### like Dead Hard from the game.

I can't remember a time before Dead Hard. I just remember it was better than this, and the game has been tanking in fun factor since.

• StardustSpeedwayStardustSpeedway Member Posts: 862

With these types of asymmetrical games, the more stressful role is the one that's outnumbered which in this game is the killer. Knowing this, I suggest you change your overall mentality when playing the killer role. Play how you want to play. If you play casually and use whacky builds, do it! Don't let the other survivors dampen your experience even if you get no kills. If you're going full try hard and enjoy getting your 4K's that's also valid IMO but know that this tends to bring tougher matches and more stress.

Since I play killer under my own terms of how I want to have fun, I rarely get frustrated while playing killer. I tend to pick the "worst" killers like Trapper, Clown, and Piggy yet I always have a blast playing them. Lately I've been having a blast playing as Sadako.

I do hope you can find a balance between playing casually and playing competitive. Trust me, once you do and play under your new terms to stop taking this game so seriously, you'll have fun regardless if you win or lose. Here's hoping!

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759
  • danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,503

I know it's still gen regression, but that doesn't change that it's been nerfed. Pop nerfed. Discordance nerfed. Undying nerfed (mostly used for Ruin). Even Surveillance nerfed.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 13,230
  • burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 2,737

Dont forget the huge amount of mismatches since everyone managed to get to red ranks skilled or not leading to a mix of hard and easy games on both sides. Only that the easy games for the one side where a horrible stomp on the other and people tend to forget this by a form of nostalgia effect or looking back through rose tinted glasses.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,844

Didn’t you know if they don’t have meta perks they must be low MMR?

🙂

🙂

🙂

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,503

Not with Counterforce, which they should have just left as the anti-Undying, but no. Not only did they nerf Undying, they also introduced boons which is like a survivor Undying.

• ChusanChusan Member Posts: 137

Yeah. Map needs to be reworked. totem for killers will be gone under 1 minute. i bet BHVR only play survivor

• KateDunsonKateDunson Member Posts: 714
    edited April 21

I don't enjoy DBD with SBMM so i decided to move to other games, and the few times that i play is basement bubba because there's no other option for how high my MMR is and as survivor i just hope for hatch when the game didn't even start cuz will be a blight/nurse with the strongest sh1t and my teammates will throw the game

• toastcrushertoastcrusher Member Posts: 110

its not fun for survivors aswell....nobody seems to wonder how strange it is that killers always face swf's, and survivors are stomped by the most sweaty killers who camp and tunnel non stop.....i just dont believe i'm always facing players anymore, as a killer or as a survivor....AI is way further then allong tthen we think, and in tthe mean while we keep attacking eachother about our toxic gameplay....the one i never see in my games....and ironicly the news about so called hackers comes out that are just out to ruin your game.....cause thats what you do as a hacker.

• ChusanChusan Member Posts: 137

Sorry. Having difficulty understanding you. If neither side is having fun, maybe that's why the player count is dropping and BHVR is not doing anything to address it?