Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Brightness changer when?

jarjargist21jarjargist21 Member Posts: 401
edited April 21 in Feedback and Suggestions

Midwitch is a fun map. I only have one complaint about it and it's about how dark it is. We already have a color blind changer so why has it been taking so long to add more settings changers? True rcpd is dark as well and so many other maps. I feel console players should have the ability to change the brightness on their games.

Or just brighten up a little bit. I want to see to have fun as the role of killer.

Comments

• jarjargist21jarjargist21 Member Posts: 401
  • GreenDemoGreenDemo Member Posts: 253

Can't you adjust your gamma on tv ? Or brightness.

I mean its a chore, but its possible. I think.

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 4,489
    edited April 21

its way worse in game they might of fixed it idk. haven't played mobile in a while

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,717

Never. All filters should be banned, people using them are doing so for a competitive advantage and make the game look ugly.

The game is suppose to be dark, but as a console player myself I can assure you the brightness is completely fine and you may wish to check the following

• TV brightness, remember if your tv is in the sun turn this up.
    • Contrast, this can impact the overall visual of the game
    • Your console colour settings, believe it or not your console will have many different colour settings but not all work with every monitor (I have rgb pc colour on my console, looks great on my monitor but near pitch black on my tv)
    • Black stabilizer, not all tvs have this but if it's too low you'll not see a thing.

Basically if you're having issues check your console settings and your tv settings and adjust them to suit. (If you really need to have a separate setting just for DBD, I personally do this as I have setting for horror games and one for colourful games) the actual base DBD is fine

• Annso_xAnnso_x Member Posts: 407

FYI i'm visually impaired and (among other things) see bright spots very bright and dark spots very dark.

I'm a PC player with brightness all the way up constantly. I wish there was a way for me to change the brightness or contrast of the game because there's some spots in new & reworked maps (rpd & ptb haddonfield to name the popular ones) where i just see half of my screen black. I don't think BHVR would implement such a feature because then if everyone uses them a lot of players will still have an advantage over others, however i'd rather have everyone have an easier time playing rather than everyone's experience stays the same, including those who's experience is "struggling".

Anyway i really don't think we'll get brightness and contrast options, but I do hope they fix the brightness of some of their maps tho.

• jarjargist21jarjargist21 Member Posts: 401

I totally agree I feel like they need to slightly brighten up a few not all of them as the rest feel fair in my opinion

• Annso_xAnnso_x Member Posts: 407

Yeah the big majority of maps are fine, the maps that remind me i have vision problems are usually the indoors one, some spots on the game and midwitch for example, but it's very tolerable on them while on RPD I can't see on half the map and have to stay outdoors or in the center hall lol.