Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Chapter 11 killer confirmed: The Shapeshifter

SinnerSinner Member Posts: 334
Someone from bhvr posted on twitter the Mali flag as a hint for the next chapter. It has to be a shapeshifter, people have been asking for a while. And here is the proof:

Shape-shifting male hippopotami

According to Malian legend, male hippopotami are shape shifting, evil creatures. One legend maintains that one such creature began eating all the crops in a village, and a young hero named Fara Maka attempted to kill the best with spears and killer hounds. Nothing worked until finally, a spell performed by Fara Maka’s wife stopped the beast.

Comments

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 1,044

@legionnbuff said:
    The new killer is a female,if the devs keep this patern.

They already broke that pattern. Legion can be male or female.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,062
    What size is the shapeshifter? Small maybe?

Also we have the shape already. The ShapeShifter isn't gonna be a good name. 

Could Voodoo be something the killers into? Like everytime they hit someone they can affect stuff through that survivor.
  • DehitayDehitay Member Posts: 1,723

@Freudentrauma said:
    I wouldn't put too much thought into the Mali hint. Devs are using country names to reference chapter internally. England->Freddy, Finland->SAW, Guam->Clown, Haiti->Spirit, Kenya->Legion. I think Mali will just be the internal name for chapter 11.

Spirit wasn't Japan? I don't trust their system.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

@Dehitay said:

@Freudentrauma said:
    I wouldn't put too much thought into the Mali hint. Devs are using country names to reference chapter internally. England->Freddy, Finland->SAW, Guam->Clown, Haiti->Spirit, Kenya->Legion. I think Mali will just be the internal name for chapter 11.

Spirit wasn't Japan? I don't trust their system.

She really wasn't. The codenames don't seem to have any correlation to the Killers.

• LordziPLLordziPL Member Posts: 590

Who posted it?

• BroosmeisterBroosmeister Member Posts: 281
    But Leatherface and Clown are already hippo's 🙃
  • HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,600

@LordziPL said:
    Who posted it?

Paulie Esther posted the flag

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,600

Oh so another killer that swf can counter, seems like a good killer :)

• BigBadPiggyBigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@Freudentrauma said:

@legionnbuff said:

But in the trailer we see the male variation and we also see the male varitiation first in the Legion's picture.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@BigBadPiggy said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@legionnbuff said:
    The new killer is a female,if the devs keep this pattern.

But in the trailer we see the male variation and we also see the male variation first in the Legion's picture.

However the Legion skins are actually canon. Who knows, maybe it was Julie chasing Frank and David as a plot.

Which, by that logic, makes the Legions power absolutely click bait.

• PlippyPlippy Member Posts: 187

Killer too weak/stong.

1/10

Still new main tho

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Legion was clearly meant to be a shapeshifter considering his trailer. Then (I think) it finally dawned on the devs that a shapeshifter does NOT work in a game with 70% SWF lobbies.
  • SinnerSinner Member Posts: 334
    So far, every hint they posted for previous killers was actually tied to it, I don't see why Mali would just be the internal name this time and not an actual hint, when she said it was a hint.
  • DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Sinner said:
    So far, every hint they posted for previous killers was actually tied to it, I don't see why Mali would just be the internal name this time and not an actual hint, when she said it was a hint.
    You give the devs too much credit considering hints in the past have all been meh.
  • AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@Sinner said:

Remember when they said the next killer was gonna be the one furthest back in the past? Then we got the millenial killer aka legion...

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Sinner said:

Remember when they said the next killer was gonna be the one furthest back in the past? Then we got the millenial killer aka legion...

The one after the Legion was taken from the furthest point in the past, relative to all the others we've had up until this point.

• AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited January 2019

@Orion said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Sinner said:

The one after the Legion was taken from the furthest point in the past, relative to all the others we've had up until this point.

After legion, I am almost terrified the next killer is going to heal survivors by hitting them but hey, it will be a FUN killer as the devs put it...

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    I don't care about a shapeshifter killer anymore. Now I want a killer hippo!
  • AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

@legionnbuff said:

He's a transgrender. O ######### its a she now, god save my soul.
  • WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,123
    This post is... well, wrong. The project name is Mali- but that shouldn’t mean anything, since the legion dlc was a project called Kenya. I think that’s just a red herring.
  • PaulieEstherPaulieEsther Member Posts: 57

I'm "someone at BHVR"? I feel important! :)

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

@PaulieEsther said:
    I'm "someone at BHVR"? I feel important! :)

You are pretty important to our community tbf. Without you we'd be nowhere. :)

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,600

Why would it be a hint about the killer? Maybe it's the survivor's nationality.