Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Congratulations on COMPLETELY killing GF!

Comments

• espookedespooked Member Posts: 393

I disagree, you gotta actually use your head with him now. You're probably upset you can't get an easy one hit anymore, when you didn't earn it. And people running spine chill isn't bhvrs fault

• FeelsBadManFeelsBadMan Member Posts: 494

I won't even take you serious. You play updated Legion and complain about getting outplayed by DH. I 4k'd all day with Legion and went from gold 4 to iri 4. The 4 games I played with Ghostface I got 4 hooks at best. 2 games I got ZERO (crow map)

• espookedespooked Member Posts: 393

You are complaining that you can't easy one shot down anymore, you lost, and now blame it on his update. Your mmr gotta be in the dump if all you see is Spine Chill 9 out of 10 games, that and you must be doing something that I am not with Legion? You just better at m1'ing or something?

Dude if you are as good as you claim on GF you have ZERO reason to complain about updated Legion. You can't even compare those 2 after the update. They are like day and night. Legion got BUFFED while GF got NERFED. I don't want "ez 4k's" I want to be actually able to have a chance against decent survivors. I am doing really well on Legion cause I only play m1 killers, yes and he is by far the strongest m1 killer now (I also play Doc, Clown and well GF)

• PeaceNGreasePeaceNGrease Member Posts: 671

This thread just shows why killers at a core, aren't allowed to be very fun. All their mechanics must be in the survivors hands to take away from them, the killer has to over-act in order to create plays, which is more of a risk to the killer.

Tunneling and camping won't ever go away unless killers can be buffed to the point they absolutely don't need it. And thus, short sighted-ness and band-aid repairs bring the game ever closer to the grate. Killer and Survivor experience continues to suffer

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 2,924

The thing is you usually don't want to chase a marked survivor as ghostface for the full 60 seconds anyways. Ideally you're marking in a position where you can down them a lot faster than that. The extra 15 seconds only really matters if you're not downing marked survivors quickly.

So combine that with the tweaks to the reveal mechanics and he's really not much better than he was if not worse.

Whereas nothing about legion is weaker than before other than like, iri button getting nerfed but that's whatever, his basekit buffs more than make up for that.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,906

As nifty as the global killer instinct was, I don't think it really made a huge difference. Knowing survivors are on the otherside of the map working on the gen doesn't really do much if you can't actually get to the otherside of the map. Meanwhile the pallet destruction effect is still there which was the main reason people brought the addon.

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 2,924

Yeah I agree, even with just the pallet breaking effect it's still pretty good.

• WesCravenFanWesCravenFan Member Posts: 1,473

The reveal mechanic will continue to suck as long as Survivors can reveal him while just looking over their shoulder in chase.

• squbaxsqubax Member Posts: 449

Or hear me out they can just loop an m1 killer which is not rocket science, get dunked on ghostface!!!!

• DyingWish92DyingWish92 Member Posts: 393

Ghostface is the worst killer in the game. Along side Trapper and Sadako in my opinion.

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 5,323
  • emetSdidnothingwrongemetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 188

This sort of thing is about what I expect from BHVR, short sighted changes, buggy messes and overall disappointment. Glad I quit 4 months back, been waiting for some good news but yeah, every time I log back in I just regret it after about 30s.

• buzzamanbuzzaman Member Posts: 113

I tried everything. I know youre supposed to put him in middle-top of your screen but that still didnt work. You could be staring directly into his face and get exposed. I got used to it and eventually didnt even try anymore and rather focus on running him for 45 seconds but it was very frustrating.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,331
    edited May 1

Leaning and stalking feels good after the update tho and now that cooldown is a single addon need to run double cooldown every game and can actually try out addons

• CryptoMinerCryptoMiner Member Posts: 40

Ah yes. another thread with a killer main crying about the game

No that was ghostwriter the old 90's show, silly

• jajay119jajay119 Member Posts: 292

I refuse to believe this many people are running Spine Chill. I very rarely ever see it in anyone's load out.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 7,841

Except 1) he’s not just an M1 killer, he’s Undetectable most of the time which helps him get a hit prior to reaching a vault; and 2) even M1 killers can normally force a hit or pallet drop in a chase, if you’re getting infinitely looped all the time you’re doing something wrong.

• PlaysByShadyPlaysByShady Member Posts: 574

I can't mark ANYONE cause 9 out of 10 survivors run Spine Chill and start running the second the cat lights up.

The developer change forces survivors to run Spine Chill???

Undetectable only works on oblivious people, not the ones with the status effect actual oblivious people, and regarding chase yes m1 killers can force some pallets or get hits but for that to happen the loop has to be incredibly unsafe or the survivor has to mess up, you will prop down them eventually but if they arent throwing they should las at least a minute in chase.

yes, there is lots of people running Spine Chill in my games. Most run a vault speed build.

Before the changes to his reveal I could just mark those people during chase while leaning from behind stuff. Now I can't cause I simply get revealed - even if those people can't even see me.

I am pretty sure they messed something up and if GF is somewhere on the center of someone's screen, he is gonna start getting revealed even if he is LOS.

edited May 1

You’re wrong about it only working on clueless people. I catch otherwise good survivors all the time when I’m Undetectable. You just have to use cover on approaches to block lines of sight. A common mistake killers make when Undetectable is just coming straight in toward generators and such. You’re not invisible, you just can’t be heard as easily. So you need to use cover on approach to get as close as possible before being spotted. Also sidestepping toward the spot mitigates the alerts from Spine Chill. You won’t get grabs on people paying attention but you can definitely get close enough to make the ensuing chase very short.

And no, chases do not last 60 seconds on average unless the killer is messing up. My chases are more like 20-40 seconds typically with normal killers between when the survivor starts running and the pallet drop or hit. A 60 second chase is a sign you messed up as killer.

P.S. To clarify, I mean 20-40 seconds until either a hit or a pallet drop. In the beginning of the match you obviously get a lot of pallet drops initially versus hits.

How on earth does someone manage to last only 20-40 seconds against an m1 killer? I mean against the good killers I get it fully but against something like sadako and ghostface, they have to be trolling at that point.

Regarding undetectable I already asumed people were using cover when I made my observation, once you know its a stealth killer they wont surprise you for the remaining of thr match maybe the first survivor can get jumped but if you already know its a ghostface there is no excuse to get surprised by him.

• SludgeSludge Member Posts: 749

How do you kill what was already dead

You don’t even have to believe me on the 60 second thing, pull up any game from any streamer playing a basic attack killer and track the seconds between when the survivor starts running and when either the killer gets a hit or a pallet is dropped. The solid streamers get it in 15-30 seconds typically. I’m not as good as they are and I do about 20-40 seconds. (I even did this experiment myself just now, pulled up a random recent Ghost Face video on RedsGamingGears, his chases were all in the 10-30 second range). 60 seconds average between when the survivor runs and a pallet or hit means the killer messed up probably. And that makes sense, if it took you literally a minute to even get a pallet drop you’d be spending three or four minutes just getting your first down which obviously is never the case unless the killer is really screwing up.

And you can assume people are using cover but I know for a fact I see a lot of people on streams not using cover well as a killer.

• HannaciaHannacia Member Posts: 658

To be fair a lot of the killer main streamers have already lost the chase against that 1 minute exposed timer. If the survivor gets into a good loop and doesnt insta drop the pallet they can prolong the chase pretty well + that all mighty DH being in play almost everytime.

So yeah not everyone plays badly so its very possible to not get a down in 1 minute, but good killers do not continue chasing these kind of survivors and find the weaker links first.

Ghostface is weak and im saying this with heavy heart since i love him and i used to main him. I'll stick with my huntress for now until something massive happens in the game.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying Ghost Face is strong or weak either way, I’m just disputing that claim above that the average time to force a pallet or get a hit is 60 seconds when both the survivor and killer know what they’re doing.

And I agree, as a killer part of the strategy is knowing which survivor to chase when you have a choice and when not to bother starting a chase in the first place (like when a survivor is off 35 meters away in the middle of nowhere when you know the gens are being worked on nearby.) The macro gameplay of deciding where to go and who to chase and such is at least as important as the actual chases.

• ReverseVelocityReverseVelocity Member Posts: 1,316

"Congratulations on COMPLETELY killing GF!"

-Pyramid Head to James Sunderland upon first seeing him

yes i know she was his wife

• HannaciaHannacia Member Posts: 658

Best tactic for GF to stalk someone is to stay near anyways. I usually try to 99 people and go close and insta down them. Stalking from a far is usually pointless since you raise the chances of not catching them in that 60 seconds.

Its sad though that people arent playing him. I've seen 2 ghosties in last month...2!! Mostly saw nurses, blights, huntresses and nemmies. Gets boring but i get it.