Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Nurse Range Add-ons are Removes Her All Counterplay

MikaelaWantsYourBoonMikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 3,251
edited May 1 in General Discussions

Break LoS and make her guess, so she can not take hit with second blink.

Make mind-games for confuse her.

Only way counter Nurse is this but those add-ons removing her all counterplay. Because even second blink gives her enough distance to catch you if they have range add-ons. Those add-ons needs to go. Her base-kit already strong, she does not need any strong add-on. All her add-ons should be between mid - low

Comments

• OpenXOpenX Member Posts: 890

Not sure about all counterplay but a lot of it. Since juking a blink doesn't really buy you any distance. I won't mention how they are still bugged since hopefully that will get fixed.

I think another big thing about them is that with monitor they can allow her to blink on gens from outside the terror radius, which is pretty cheesy. Tinkerer nurse can do that as well but range + monitor nurse can just do it on every single blink.

• drsoontmdrsoontm Member Posts: 2,450
    edited May 1

I went against two nurses this morning. The addons weren't much help once I broke line of sight. (0k and 1k). The one from yesterday didn't do much better (1k) but she was on cooldown addons.

If the nurse doesn't know where you are, no range will help her. Besides, if she guesses wrong she'll get punished hard.

If I'm playing Nurse and I get stunned by a survivor (DS, pallet), range addons aren't really helping. A simple blink is usually enough if I know where he is. If he managed to escape tracking, range addons will not help one bit.

Also, if the Nurse is using a range addon to blink to you, you can hear (and see) her focusing her power. You can change direction while she is about to blink (but you need to be good enough to know the blink distance she has charged) and then when she corrects and releases you change again : she will be royally F* and will have to try again (after eating yet another down time)

Range addons are more useful to traverse the map and maybe do a grab someone from outside the 32m range (hard to do).

• ExeleroExelero Member Posts: 22

go out of your comfort zone dude. killers already in misarable place and only 2 killer are making good impact on survivors which both are hard as f*. if a nurse or blight managed to kill you they played right and earned that kill.

• Roarbear2007Roarbear2007 Member Posts: 65

nurse is weak she a weak killer she needs a buff buff nurse

• HaddixHaddix Member Posts: 901

yeah they're dumb, i dont know how anybody could think that range isnt insanely strong lol

• SuzuKRSuzuKR Member Posts: 2,390

It doesn’t, but they’re still bad designed regardless. It doesn’t affect the second blink.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,333
    edited May 1

Doesn't affect the second blink but I think they are fine most good nurses win with or without the addons, most bad nurses still lose with or without the addons. Sure they can help but they don't 100% decide the game for the nurse thats still up to the nurse themselves and the survivors

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,591

Not all of her counterplay, since they don't affect the second blink the 50% of her counterplay is done off of the second blink. You could argue that it makes it harder to set up the counterplay on second blinks, but range also opens up the opportunity for super late double backs on the first blink.

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 2,933

Not all counterplay, but they are too strong regardless.

• dallasmedicbagdallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

i've made a lot of comments and a discussion on this, and the general consensus from dear killer mains is "get good" absolute topkek material.

to those who defend nurse's range addons because she's the "hardest" to master, the contradiction is amusing hahah

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,641

Range is fine. Nurse is actually pretty underwhelming without them. She moves SLOWER then a 4.6 killer at her basekit.

Sure she's strong once she gets to you... But the issue is getting to you. If maps were better designed. I agree they need to go. But with the current roster of ######### maps we have. They're perfectly fine for now.

• CoffeecrashingCoffeecrashing Member Posts: 519

Do you think Nurse's range addons make her 2nd blink travel a longer distance?

• Ath4nat0sAth4nat0s Member Posts: 77

Yeah

3 blink/omegablink addons are just stupid tbh

But those addons exists cuz bad map design

• dictepdictep Member Posts: 1,161
  • SilentShepherdSilentShepherd Member Posts: 296

Nurse needs to be revamped. Disable and revamp. Along with Bubba.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoonMikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 3,251

I did not say that. First blink gives her long distance and then she has enough distance to catch you with second blink. Hope it is clear.

• PlaysByShadyPlaysByShady Member Posts: 574

She doesn't defy the fundamentals.

She still has to travel. Her power comes with a weakness/downside. She still has to protect gens, avoid obstacles, etc.

Why are you making it as though she completely ignores everything when that's clearly not the case

• PlaysByShadyPlaysByShady Member Posts: 574

Because it's impossible to discuss with someone who posts nonsense like this:

Only way counter Nurse is this but those add-ons removing her all counterplay.

Really? All her counterplay? All!! As in, there is literally nothing you can do? Nothing at all? Any mediocre player can pick up nurse, equip those add-ons, and expect an easy 4k??

Yeah... I didn't think so.

When you learn to discuss without resorting to unfounded hyperbole, then we can have a discussion. Until then, just get better.

• MrMoriMrMori Member Posts: 578

Nurse has pretty boring addons, and these are her strongest next to recharge time. They're also bugged right now to increase blink speed, which makes them far too strong.

I'd reduce their ranges to 20 and 10, fix the blink speed bug, but then also rework most of her other addons. Maybe nerf recharge too. Very many of them are useless meme addons that are basically detrimental, a lot of room for interesting reworks.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoonMikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 3,251

Light me what is her counterplays? Please teach me her all counterplays Mr. Just Get Better

• SatelitSatelit Member Posts: 1,142

I'm not exactly sure why she needs the 3rd blink addon

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 2,933

She doesn’t. It wasn’t a problem before because it sucked with the LOS restriction. Now it’s just straight up bad design.

• TizzleTizzle Member Posts: 612

This enitre thread shows exactly why this forum is a complete waste of time.

The range add ons are broken but it's NOT because of the distance they give her to blink.

Pointless.