Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We will shortly be deploying a hotfix to the PTB to potentially address the Save Game Errors that some players were facing. Please update your PTB build when the update is available and let us know of any issues. Thank you.

How do you personally read the tome lore?

TheShapesMixtapeTheShapesMixtape Member Posts: 4,238

Do you read each entry as you unlock them, or read a few at a time, or read the entire thing once you've collected them all?

Or do you not do that and just go to the wiki instead?

I'd like to know.

Answers

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,437

Not at all, ever.

I'd maybe read a Feng one but I cant say I care tbh

• SimfelizSimfeliz Member Posts: 1,616

I listen to them once they are all unlocked.

• Bennett_They1ThemBennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,503

Every 3 or 4 I unlock in the story, I'll read.

I read too fast to enjoy just one or two at a time.

• XyvieliaXyvielia Member Posts: 1,814

Never do.

if i did tho, probably with a monocle and some pomegranate tea😌

• tippy2k2tippy2k2 Member Posts: 3,319

I actually just started them. I watch them on The Youtube when I'm playing Slay the Spire (since I don't need sound during Slay). I watched Tome 1 and 2 so far and am through The Doctor of Tome 3.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,787

Each entry as I unlock them, though I can't say I'm that interested about the side stories - the ones that aren't linked to specific survivors or killers and come out in levels 3 and 4 of every tome. It was different when they were the Observer's records of events in the Fog, but now that they're semi-connected snippets of non-player characters and alternate reality stuff, they're so long and loosely relevant that I tend to just glaze over them. Terra Arachna was cool, though, especially because it used locations and characters from Nea's lore.

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 3,439

I swear I read one of the side stories that talked about Oni showing up somewhere in the modern real world and killing some people then disappearing

Some whacky stuff goes on in the side stuff lol

• QwQwQwQw Member Posts: 4,408

I don't read them at all anymore, sadly.

It's such a good idea, but it's completely ruined by the whole "multiple timeline/alternate reality" mumbo jumbo. For example, some of the tome lore like Legion's, Nurse's, and Pig's either heavily changes the character, or changes events that happened in their original lore. If their lore breaks what we already know, who's to say the events that happen in any of the other tome lore actually did happen?

• SmoeSmoe Member Posts: 421
    edited May 3

Once all of them are unlocked, i go through them one by one.

The multiverse entries and side stories are the best part of the tomes and the lore overall.

• DiablitokawaiiDiablitokawaii Member Posts: 21

Its like eating pizza , sometimes i eat the whole thing or just a slice

The chapter of Amanda is my fav I was so immersed one night i sworn she was reading her dialogues "game over " she said .

Amanda chapter was more like that good song you just cant had enough of it lol

• JocelynbeeJocelynbee Member, Mod Posts: 164

With tea. 🍵

• SatelitSatelit Member Posts: 1,098

I love the multiverse stuff,it's a crime that the only multiverse skin we have is old man Jake tho.

• ohheyitsbobcatohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,255
    edited May 3

Through forum users whenever they talk about it. This is what I've gathered so far.

There's a tentacle spike monster thing that kidnaps almost dead people from different realities to make them play a game so it can absorb their hope, fear, and probably other emotions from trying to escape said game. It also doesn't understand what people are about so it does silly things sometimes.

Survivor wise Claudette was a nerd and didn't like her mom/parents? David had a girlfriend once but it was a fake relationship because his dad was a jerk and he's actually gay which his dad probably didn't like. Dwight was also a nerd but was natural born leader? Feng was a gamer, Jane a news reporter, Mikaela a witch and she came to the entity's realm on her own, Ace is a gambler (sold/lost a kidney), Jeff lived in a lodge and warned people about legion? Nea is actually the entity disguised as a human (haha meme). The girl with bike perk liked bikes.

Killer wise Trapper had issues with his daddy. Wraith killed people with a car crusher but in reality is super uwu and not actually a bad guy, it was his boss that was bad. Billy was raised in a locked room and became murder-y but is also super uwu, he also hurt a pig. Blight experimented on himself and other killers and works? for the entity or also got there on his own? Plague was a healer and nice lady, Oni is mad his lineage sucks, Spirit is mad her dad sucks (he chopped her up, I'd also be mad). Huntress killed people in a war and kidnapped female children and raised them until they died because she also didn't understand people and then eventually joined up with the entity because they had so much in common. Legion are angsty teens gone wrong, Ghostface is only the mask, Twins are french?, Doctor is based on doctor, Deathslinger is a cowboy with no real friends, Trickster makes music with screams from people he's tortured which is bangin, Clown once used to be in shape.

That's all I know more or less.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,148

I don't bother personally.

• StardustSpeedwayStardustSpeedway Member Posts: 834

I love hearing the narrator read the entries to me, but I'll only do it after I'm done clearing all the current level's challenges.

I was shocked to find out there's a female narrator in the Twin's lore entries!

• Leachy_JrLeachy_Jr Member Posts: 1,792

I read them the only way I see fit.

I don't read them at all, instead watch @PixelBush to sum it up. Before I know it I've watched almost an hour of some dude talking about the history of Chile.

• LynxxLynxx Member Posts: 247

I skimmed it.

• GentlemanFridgeGentlemanFridge Member Posts: 2,378
    edited May 3

I have ‘em read out in-game as I unlock them.

• JaviiMiiJaviiMii Member Posts: 186

I don't read or listen to the "original tome entries"/"source material". I enjoy listening to some theories, speculations, discussions etc. on youtube as a bedtime story. Sometimes I then get cruious and read passages of the tomes or read wiki entries / other material that cites or refers to the tomes.