Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What is THE 1 announcement you would want most from the anniversary stream?

Comments

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,396

Hatch removal.

• Jacoby2041Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    edited May 12

Those built in mori/key mechanics with some info other than soon.jpeg

Also prestige and/or grind reduction info other than soon.jpeg

• BrimpBrimp Member Posts: 1,689

An actually optimized game and not "we're below a threshold for console".

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 3,255

Controller update.

I've been playing a lot of Deep Rock Galactic and Risk of Rain 2 lately and it amazes me at how those companies got camera control right. Both use simple yet effective dual zone systems that feel like they'd work perfectly fine in DbD. And if they really wanted to go the extra mile they could go the way of Respawn/DICE and give us something even better.

There's no reason they can't give us a new response curve other than negligence.

• Barbarossa2020Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,095

Gen regression balance, i think it would do alot to help the meta/camping/tunneling.

At the moment the best way to win is tunneling survs out rather than trying to slow down gen repair.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,555

Buff Flashbangs please!

Literally hearing them say that this perk would be getting a buff would make my day.

• GentlemanFridgeGentlemanFridge Member Posts: 2,814

What they’re actually going to do about Bubba facecamping.

And potentially DH nerfs/rework, although I expect that to happen with the mid-chapter.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,954

finally some meaningful base game mechanics changes to reduce the frustrating feeling of playing killer/soloq and making survivor gameplay outside of chases more fun instead of all actions just being ‚hold button in one spot for some time‘

also very much this:

• Barbarossa2020Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,095

Hatch removal would make 1v1 games go forever, Hence why it was invented. it's better now keys are "fair" but it's removal would just mean the last surv would just go semi afk until you rage quit.

• TheNTT777TheNTT777 Member Posts: 12

My dream quality of life update would be tome challenges giving you confirmation of progress during a match. Especially for challenges with super specific requirements that must be done in one match. For instance, it would be great to know if I've successfully hit survivors X times from Y meters away with Trickster's knives.

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,396
    edited May 12

Just kill last survivor, they've already lost team game and no need to give em chance after all.

• BranBran Member Posts: 1,710

That the game will be shutting down.

• CarrowCarrow Member Posts: 500

Unrealistically: SBMM is deleted.

Realistically: SoloQ improvements.

• BranBran Member Posts: 1,710
    edited May 12

The best thing is to completely rework the game honestly.

I'd hope they'd make it into an actual horror game.

but if they announced a better chase, loop and the stuff system that's be cool.

• playhardplayhard Member Posts: 244

Dead By Daylight 2.....

• KateDunsonKateDunson Member Posts: 714

Remove SBMM is all I'm hoping for

• eaebreeeaebree Member Posts: 288

I would love if i cared at this point

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 1,757
  • MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 1,757

Top 3:

Killer to survivor efficiency changes. Make survivors objective slower or killer faster, rework/change the way hooks work so tunneling is no longer the most efficient all the time.

Remove boons.

Perk tiers removed or another type of grind reduction.

• Seth__Seth__ Member Posts: 1,678
    edited May 12

Shaking up the meta (nerfs the strongest, buff or rework the weakest), matchmaking changes. I want more content too, prioritizing the bugfixing all the time as well. Optimization, more optimization for consoles!

I want year 6 for Dead by Daylight and BHVR to be successful and I'm looking forward to watch the devs on live.

• M1_gamerM1_gamer Member Posts: 101

a actual training/bot mode.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,954

You realize you can just not play the game even if it’s not shut down, right?

• CanasCanas Member Posts: 822

Does anyone remember the previous anniversary streams and the stuff they promised in them? Like only half of these things ever get done, that's not a good quota at all. They either delay or scrap projects entirely.

• _AdamFrancis__AdamFrancis_ Member Posts: 698

Yeah there is no reason why a game with late Ps3 era graphics shouldn't be able to run atleast 60FPS on PS4. If I'm being completely honest DBD should be able to run 120 fps on par and xb1 considering how games like ff7r can run about 30-60 with no freezes.

• ReviloDBDReviloDBD Member Posts: 540

I would really love to see a bloodpoint grind adjustment, something so it doesn't literally take ages to just unlock the perks that I want to use on Killers spefically at least.

I think I have almost every single Teachable Killer Perk, so whenever there is a build I want to try out, I know that it is going to take forever to test it out, unless I have miraculously good RNG, which has not yet happened to me once yet.. it's literally ALMOST as if the game itself knows EXACTLY which perks I am trying to unlock and does everything it can to avoid giving them to me..

The biggest issue is that most perks aren't really that great on every killer, so let's say hypothetically there are like 4-5 different perk builds that will be actually viable on a specific Killer, and every other perk that you are forced to unlock is NEVER getting touched, it's just there to eat up bloodpoints..

I'm used to this by now, many years into the game, but honestly think about how horrible of a system this really is? It's painful, tedious, annoying, there's almost nothing that I like about it.

I can literally think of so many ways to make it better and more streamlined, I'm not sure how difficult my ideas would be to implement, and there are probably even better ones than my own, but I know for a fact that almost anything would be better than the system we have in place now as far as unlocking perks, especially if you have a lot of Teachables unlocked.

It's almost as if the game is punishing you for having more teachables, when it should be a good thing instead!

• CryptikkCryptikk Member Posts: 253

Something to stop the grind ideally

• ukenickyukenicky Member Posts: 1,351

Face camping to be reduced somehow or dampened so it isn't so awful.