Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Does Behavior regret making survivors the power role?

Comments

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,234

What does Nurse have to do with it? Nurse can sustain her blinks. Huntress has multiple hatchets. Dodging one isn't a big deal.

Pinhead missing a chain sets him back miles. It's way worse as Demo, due to the huge recovery incurred when you miss a Shred and hit an object.

You're comparing apples to orangutans.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,523
    edited May 16

I'm not though. You're saying demo and pinhead both painfully telegraph what they're doing. And I'm saying nurse also telegraphs what she's about to do. None of that matters. As long as you play it right.

A lot of people dodge when they think youre going to shred. Only to cancel the shred and get an easy m1 because they thought you would try. A lot of people hug walls and leave theirself no room to dodge at loops.

Hell...That's like saying because victor telegraphs he's about to pounce. That it matters. A decent twins player will get that victor hit regardless.

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Fun fact. Pyramid head was bugged on release, and the ability to plant the sword and instantly m1 out of it was a bug. Tell me you don't play killer without telling me.

He always had a cooldown. The incessant whining and rage quits from survivors made bhvr increase it and then they figured out it was a bug but never changed it back because the bug was still there after the nerf for a day or two.

I wouldn't get my hopes up, my friend. I just can't find him exciting to use. Especially when I think Nemesis is largely comparable (minus no BT and DS) and feels less clunky using his power.

Sigh.

No, I'm saying that it's a bigger deal that Demo and Ceno telegraph their abilities, because the penalty for them whiffing is way more severe than Nurse or Huntress.

Yes, you can mindgame and zone with Shred, but like all mindgames, it's never going to be consistent, because if they call your bluff you've lost a lot of distance. Demo isn't prenerf Slinger.

Even great Twins players (Otz immediately comes to mind) whiff with Victor a fair bit. But him getting kicked isn't a massive deal, because A. their power allows them to slug into crazy snowballs, which Ceno and Demo can't do as easily and B. it's way harder to dodge a pounce than it is to dodge a chain.

• LordCyphreLordCyphre Member Posts: 194

And that‘s the number advantage. That‘s perfectly fine. If the survivors use their number advantage well, Splitpunkt and singend they should have a decent chance of winning.

if a good killer wants a 4K they‘re gonna get it if the survivors don‘t play efficiently.

Why shouldn‘t good survivors be able to win?

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 4,912

I never said Survivors 4v1'ing the Killer was bad, I said the Survivors are the power role.

The problem is that Survivors can also 1v1 most Killers, (thanks Dead Hard and bad Maps) which is what makes them overpowered

We're just going in circles, and don't agree. That's fine. Your point is they're telegraphed and punishable. My point is. These killers possess powers that CAN get you hits where others can't.

Can you dodge them ? Sure. But what about when that killer is equally good at hitting their power ? You get hits. And that's my point and my opinion that you won't agree on.

I think you're missing my point.

Yes, killers with anti-loop are generally better than killers without.

There's still a world of difference power wise between a Nurse or a Huntress and a Cenobite.

Well yea. Only a fool would disagree. There's a reason why nurse is by far the best killer.

But that still doesn't mean pinhead, demo, huntress can't compete with the same groups.

All I'm saying is that they have powers /add ons to get you the downs that you need to deal with said groups

But they are not and they can‘t 1v1 most killers. Plenty of killers have tools to deal with loops, very few maps are actually that bad plus a single survivor can‘t do gens and evade the killer at the same time.

In a 1v1 scenario the killer most of the time has all the power.

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,274

um that’s not true. I played during pyramid heads time and the M2 to M1 was never reported to be a bug. There was not one dev post and not one comment from a mod saying it was a bug. I’ve played pyramid head since he came out and he never had a cooldown.

You lost me at "very few maps arnt that bad" I can name over half the maps as being dog #########. Probably most of them tbh.

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,274

Nope nope. I am literally a deathslinger main and yes those are problems and downsides but BUT! You will never run into those issues if your a good slinger only bad players will experience those issues. God slinger players will never experience any of those issues except for the reload. Those weaknesses are only bad if you suck. If you don’t then you will never run into any of those issues

Nah, not really.

Most Killers are extremely easy to loop, only some of them I'd say are difficult, like any Killer that is A tier or above are difficult to loop and every Killer under that depends on the Map.

There are plenty of Survivor-sided Maps, like every MacMillan Estate Map that isn't Shelter Woods, some Autohaven Wreckers, Eyrie Of Crows, Ormond, The Game, RPD, Lampkin Lane and Red Forest, and even some entire realms that are Survivor-sided, like Springwood, Coldwind Farm, Crotus Prenn Asylum, Backwater Swamp

I literally had someone live on twitch. Say if I come in to say GG. They're banning me because I used double reload and STBFL 😂.

Its like bruh.....How does anyone think they're get people watching them acting like that over perks and add ons. But I digress. That's niether here nor there. Their reaction to my slinger was just gold

Na mate, your way exaggerating how survivor sided these maps are.

and most killers are only easy to loop if the killer isn‘t that good. Very few of them don’t have tools to deal with loops.

and again, a single survivor can‘t loop and do gens. In a 1v1 the killer has all the power.

If the survivors use their numbers advantage well and play decently they can make good killers sweat. That’s how it should be and it doesn‘t make survivors the power role.

is everything well balanced? No but survivors are not the power role

I don't think you understand me. I'm taking about a 1v1, a chase, not a literal 1v1 with no one else doing Generators.

No, most Killers are just straight up bad, just because they have ways to counter looping, doesn't mean those ways are of any use.

Trapper can place Traps, ok? They get disarmed and he's an M1 Killer.

Hillbilly, just use Windows.

Bubba, just use Windows.

Wraith, simple M1 Killer.

Myers, simple M1 Killer.

Doctor, simple M1 Killer, dodge his shocks from time to time.

Freddy, simple M1 Killer.

Pig, simple M1 Killer.

Clown, pre-drop Pallets.

Legion, simple M1 Killer.

Ghostface, simple M1 Killer.

Deathslinger, break LOS, ShiftW.

Trickster, break LOS, ShiftW.

Nemesis, break LOS, ShiftW.

Cenobite, simple M1 Killer, break chains with walls.

Onryō, simple M1 Killer

• KurriKurri Member Posts: 1,599

That's smart. Let's consider broad statistics at face value, and ignore;

• The game has a great learning curve. New Killers stomp new survivors. A lot of new Killers are always playing with New survivors, while average and experienced Killers are leaving the game because they get tired of average and experienced survivors.
    • Also average and experienced Killers are purposely lowering their MMR for easier matches against below average and new survivors, making the game painful for solo que, and new players.

No, you don’t understand. You can‘t just ignore half the game because you feel like it.

In a true 1v1 the killer has all the power, therefore they are the power role.

Most killers aren‘t as bad as you make them out to be, the problem seems to be being able to use them well. A killer is only as the player. If they suck then the survivors should have a good chance at winning.

Good killers aren‘t nearly as easy to beat as you make it out to be.

A lot of Killers are quite powerful if used effectively. They are the power role.

If survivors use their number advantage well they win. That‘s how it should be. The problem is the 1v4 here.

But for the sake of argument let‘s say I don‘t understand. That would be because you never explained yourself properly. What should be the base powerlifting then?

A lot of Killers are quite powerful if used effectively.

I love this, because it's so wrong.

The skill-ceiling isn't infinite with most Killers, about 81% of the Killer roster has a maximum skill-ceiling, and just being good won't get you any wins.

What you want to talk about is game knowledge, which doesn't have a ceiling, but it also won't help you with most of the Killers, because as I said previously, they're bad.

You need both to win, which even then you're not guaranteed to win, because Survivors, thanks to DH and the majority of Maps being Survivor-sided, always lead the chase, and have a bigger change to win than the Killer, unless they're playing Nurse and Blight, in which case the Killer takes control of the chase

• ZephinismZephinism Member Posts: 413

Do these threads ever generate constructive feedback or are they just used as echo chambers to complain?

• Chaos999Chaos999 Member Posts: 506

There appears to be some kind of communication barrier between us, so we will just have to agree to disagree. I don't know how can I explain what a power role means any clearer.

May you have a nice day ☺️

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 1,673
    edited May 17

"No different than hatchets"

Yeah let me just shred through this window, over this pallet, over this car, over this fence, or through this small gap in the wall/vehicle to the other side of the loop.

Also I guess huntress stuns herself when her hatchets miss.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Feel free to sort through Otzdarvas vods to find him saying the bug is still there the day they nerfed pyramidhead. He even shows it on stream.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,528

Survivors aren't the power role. Killers just want super easy games.

• TostapaneTostapane Member Posts: 780

and for this reasons they are working on bots... this game is doomed, it's the lair for toxic people and trolls (think how many people don't even want to have a civil debate and want just flame others or the amount of people who dc in the game for extremely petty reasons). obviously the devs are the ones to blame cause they left those behaviors unpunished (a lot of reports with screenshots as proofs are still unanswered)