Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What Would You Get Hype For DbD Again?

2»

Comments

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 3,090

Clearly shirtless, I just couldnt detract from the other points by listing the shirtless request.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,234
    • SBMM further improved.
    • Solo queue buffed.
    • A huge addon pass for about half the killers.
    • All C and D tier killers buffed to A or B tier level.
    • A bunch of map reworks.
    • Grind nerfed.
    • Stronger penalties for habitual AFKers and DCers.
    • Player endorsement system to curb the ridiculous toxicity of this community.
    • DH changed.
    • Replays.
    • The other side given a more generous compensation when someone DCs or suicides.

That would be a good start for me.

• ValikValik Member Posts: 1,242

A road map with focuses on massive health and gameplay overhauls with a huge focus on perk reworks.

Things like new skins, maps, and interaction items with killer overhauls would be sweet, sure.

But coming out and saying "We intend to fix all of the strong and lame perks to make them all equally fun and useful" would have my heart racing.

If they said -

"We're having a little test, we're killswitching Dead Hard and NOED for 3 days and are going to be releasing a ton of data from our analytics team for the community to review"

I'd literally but the Ringu DLC and call out from work to play the game every day and be pouring over those stats.

The game needs very strong, direct, and passionate direction changes from the top down - and a very strong communication towards the community with an emphasis on transparency.

I'm very glad that the company doesn't crunch - but they should consider an autumn crunch with an extended Christmas leave.

BHVR, know it or not, is about to have one of their most important anniversary events in their history.

They don't just need a good DLC chapter.

What they need is a strong DLC chapter, followed up with a powerful PTB release of a health update -

followed up with a salvo of communication releases showing concepts that they are testing out -

followed up with a community update with some perk changes, tons of bugfixes, some free cosmetics and a new rollout for Bill, with a new map to try out their latest experiments on - followed by a powerhouse licensed DLC -

followed up by a month of bug fixes and community chats about their experiments with constant killswitch weekends and tests - followed up by a Hag/Ace update with a complete killer overhaul, reworks to totems - luck - Chest searching - map offerings - the Backwater Swamp maps - and 7 perks -

then the team can release a little bugfix and post a skeleton crew for a month during an extended vacation time in preparation for the January announcements for the winter Chapters.

June - Anniversary Event with new DLC, party lasts all month. Team gears up for the next few months with pre-production.

July - Massive bugfix health patch on PTB. Tweaked all month to perfection. Tome closes. Teams begin laying groundwork for the projected releases over the next 5 months.

August - The Entity Grows mid-chapter Bill/Health update is released.

September - Licensed Chapter release. Rapid-fire follow up patches throughout the month to prevent a CoH repeat. New Tome system rollout.

October - Tons of testing days and weekends with communications on said tests (Repeat the massive popularity of the MMR tests)

November - Against All Odds mid-chapter Hag/Ace update hits PTB

December - Release the update in its stable form and host a very simple winter event. Tome closes with a little New-Years eve bonus login event. Staff gets extended leave. Hit the ground running in January.

If they had a meeting in the next week and started making solid plans at the top level - this would not be too difficult to accomplish.

• KurriKurri Member Posts: 1,599

Reworking generators and survivor objectives.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,569

A ranked competitive matchmaking option instead of clown fiesta matchmaking no matter how high your MMR is. Actually reward and incentivize skilled play if someone wants to go that route. Right now your reward for being a top tier survivor or killer is teammates/opponents who throw games for challenges with a fraction of your experience or skill. I'd be hyped for DbD again if they stopped devaluing time and effort.

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 1,312
    edited May 16

Yes, I was just coming to post this.

I am pretty jaded at this point, but seeing Jason teased would get me giddy like a kid for a minute, ngl.

• t0007319t0007319 Member Posts: 176

New game modes.

One without perks

One which forces survivors to sneak and hide until the time runs out (no gens)

Just something to spice things up a little

• Sandt21Sandt21 Member Posts: 520

Springtrap. Pure and simple

• CrimsonMothKingCrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 172

Honestly, 5th perk slot for killer

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,702

ngl, another (good) Susie and Feng skin

Cross progression as well

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,395

Bring the old coldwind and Macmillan tints back. Plus the old fog whilst they're at it.

• CrypticghoulCrypticghoul Member Posts: 538

Dead Hard getting gutted, perk grind heavily reduced, SBMM turned off or heavily reworked, new game modes, some kind of system(s) to prevent face camping.

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,450

I enjoyed the snowman event and the Lunar New Year event, because they gave me simple, easy tasks to do that rewarded me with free stuff. It made me want to play more because, even if my match was awful otherwise, I could always make progress on the event. That's honestly the main thing that makes me excited: feeling like I'm not wasting my time, and I got something out of the match even if it goes badly.

• TheArbiterTheArbiter Member Posts: 1,265

Dead hard and NOED being banished to the shadow realm

• Seth__Seth__ Member Posts: 1,445

Mist added back in

Ray Tracing added back in

More Licensed chapters (I love them)

Shaking up the meta in the game (killer and survivor)

Reworking some maps (Eyire of the Crows and Badham)

• scoserscoser Member Posts: 169

Removing Dead Hard.

• duyguduygu Member Posts: 82

in-game text or voice chat or both for survivor. i found myself not playing the game at all except with my friends mainly because of the social factor. so, this is the best answer i can think of

• AnchorTeaAnchorTea Member Posts: 714

Reworked grind. I just cant deal with spending 500k bp to obtain three perks.

• MewMew Member Posts: 1,695

a complete overhaul to the bloodpoint system and the store

plus also a complete meta rework (pls, im so tired of quad slowdown & second chances)