Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 6.0.0 PTB Feedback

Nvidia Filters should be removed after the release of Dredge.

Th3NightmareTh3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,119

With the release of the new killer and its darkness, the devs should remove filter support as many games have done: RUST...

This should not be accepted.

Comments

• PleassBuiltInNoedPleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 617

I disagree with that, with IPS panel I got natural black color and because game does not account for that I would never be able to play without filters. It gets to the point where in some maps or areas on every map I cannot even see survivor that is directly in front of me.

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,209

I heavily disagree, filters even the playing field. Without filters your visibility is determined entirely by your monitor and many high end monitors have excellent settings which improve visibility. Filters allow people with less capable monitors to achieve this and also allow you to improve the graphics of the game as well with post proccess such as sharpening to counteract the blur caused by anti aliasing without disabling anti aliasing.

• AdjathaAdjatha Member Posts: 1,495

How about putting filters in so killers can reduce chase music and increase survivor sounds, too? If you don't have a set of good headphones or speakers, it's super hard to hear the directional cues of where people are running when you don't have visuals on them. But people who DO have great sound set-ups get loads of info.

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,209
    edited May 17

You can kind of do that. You can install an audio compressor using Equalizer APO that will reduce the volume when loud sounds are playing, you give it a fairly aggressive setup then crank your audio really high that way quiet sounds like footsteps are fairly loud but the moment loud audio like chase music starts to play the audio compressor kicks in and reduces overall volume until the loud sound goes away. Using the same program you can use an equalizer (its literally in the name) to boost or reduce certain frequency of sound to try to get the footstep sounds louder and other sounds lower.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 13,294

How about we stop putting Console at a disadvantage and bake in filters into the base game?