Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 6.0.0 PTB Feedback

"Moving through the dark will be difficult" Devs retouch the nightfall, it looks super light and....

Th3NightmareTh3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,117
edited May 17 in 6.0.0 PTB Feedback

disappointing...

I don't know if there will be any bugs, but I've been playing as a killer and then as a survivor to know how the "darkness" felt and looks.... super clear, is that the intention?

I hope it doesn't turn out that way, because everything seems very clear. I hope it can be polished and it's really a dark night and not a bright night.

EDIT: Developers, please remove the "white" outline surrounding the killer from survi's perspective seen from far away. I've seen it on the new map, when night falls, you can see an outline that can be seen from far away...

Image during nightfall and, the white silhouette during nightfall should be removed.

Another image with nightfall, its enought?

In my opinion, it looks too good to be "darkness"

Post edited by Th3Nightmare on

Comments

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 4,675

It's definitely a bit harder but you can still definitely navigate to a good degree.

I at first thought this would be a problem as well, but then I realised how strong his actual ability is. Great map pressure with a low cooldown, and he actually has some anti loop potential, but one that allows for some good counterplay on the survivor side.

He seems quite strong actually.

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 3,482

It is quite dark on some maps.

• AdjathaAdjatha Member Posts: 1,489

Take a screen shot on every map and post 'em all for reference.

• Th3NightmareTh3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,117

Honestly, I don't see it as dark, the sky looks dark, but the ground looks like daylight, I see more than 10 meters away, don't you think?

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 3,482

That would require someone to do that with me in a custom match, because I don't want to spend so much time in matches just to get all the maps screenshoted, but sadly all the people I played with left dbd a long time ago.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,826

So yall want survivors to be practically blind? This is dark enough and you can't even see where the next good tile is.

• AdjathaAdjatha Member Posts: 1,489

Hah! Same. Well, hopefully somebody will do that. Because you're right: in a big forest, the darkness looks okay. In a map with houses, the darkness is totally unnoticeable.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074

Maybe we're looking at different pictures because it's quite easy to see all the tiles. Unless you're being sarcastic?

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,826

There's only 1 picture in this thread and all I see are trees a short distance away, a big boulder, and grass. If I didn't know the map very well, I wouldn't know where to run at that point

edited May 17

Actually the image they shared looks darker, but the trees look great, I'm not saying it should look darker either, but I think it could still be better the night or darkness.

the thing is that it looks super clear, it would be interesting if it shared with the killer at certain distances.

Could someone share examples with the killer at certain distances?

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,497

I still feel like the Killer being highlighted in white might just be a visual bug?

it doesn't make a lot of sense to highlight the Killer who is supposed to be stealthy during this section, so i hope that was not intended...

edited May 17

nightfall and ... and what is this about a white monster??

Personally, at night I would remove this outline (white shape) and leave the killer as it is.

• BelzherBelzher Member Posts: 288

Yeah I hope they change that

• smurf8765smurf8765 Member Posts: 3

Nightfall seems relatively strong. Faster teleport and the Killer Instinct increases his map pressure immensely. Being Undetectable is good for catching survivors off guard, as long as you don't approach them directly. Yeah survivors aren't that blinded as the description led us to believe, but it's far from weak.

• ToybasherToybasher Member Posts: 905

"“We had to find a balance where the high-skilled players were scared and impacted by the Power while the newer players were not completely overwhelmed. That was a tricky one, and that’s where the idea of having The Dredge’s aura be visible during the darkness came from. It helped strike a balance between the two groups while maintaining the fear factor. It also helps that when you see The Dredge, it’s absolutely terrifying.”"

Was a balance decision. I still think they could tone it down a bit so he still glows brightly but it looks less "Fake" looking. Hard to describe but I dislike how it just turns stark white. Maybe have him mutate into some kind of bioluminescent thing, or he gets a glow similar to the Oni when in Fury Mode, etc.

I also think the map should still get darker visually. I think the draw distance could be toned down a bit more, but the map itself needs to physically get darker, maybe even OG Dead By Daylight new moon offering dark. Like the ground itself doesn't darken much visually and it feels like the only thing that changes is the skybox goes away and the draw distance goes down.

Even OG Freddy's dream world was more visually disorienting.

• BlizzBlazzBlizzBlazz Member Posts: 9
    edited May 17

I imagine they may have explored something like that to begin with, but ultimately it was more of a frustration mechanic and they went into gameplay/story segregation like with Blight's. A true black out ability would probably be neat in the short term as a new experience, but I imagine it's a bit of a dud balancing wise. Looking at the Dredge's full capacity, there doesn't really seem like there's enough power allotment to really push that to a decent extreme, and that's why it's more of a jumble of small benefits that add up instead.

• jokere98jokere98 Member Posts: 631

i was expecting something like that. 1:32

the way that it looks like at 0:22 would probably be too crazy. But maybe do similar darkness when survivors repairing generator, with vision getting brighter, when letting it of... might be interesting

I add other images taken from Otz Stream to the thread, in my humble opinion, it looks like a filter from the sky to dark, but on the ground it looks very good, I hope the devs speak out and say something about it.

• MedicSpirit7MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689

It’s way too light, I pray they don’t leave it now it is before live

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,497

not a bug, huh... guess its just a very questionable decision then.

I mean, what is the point of a stealth centered ability when it makes you much easier to see?

Thats like making Myers or Ghostface glow in a bright while they are in their stealth forms, because it "might confuse new players"...

They should either make the map significantly darker and reduce the Survivors FoV to be only a small circle around them and reveal the Killer to them so they know where they are comming from, or have the map as visible as it is now and let the Killer hide in the shadows.

But they should not have both a perfectly visible map and a highlighted Killer.

• wisdomwielderwisdomwielder Member Posts: 327

Nightfall is heavily inconsistent from map to map. On bright maps, it looks like a bit of white fog and I can see tiles perfectly fine in the distance. On Macmillan maps, it gets fairly dark like I feel like it should but I can still see quite a ways away (48 meters?)

In my opinion, you should not be able to see to the next tile at the very least. The range for the darkness should be something like 16-20 meters at the most, and literally nothing should be visible beyond that, except black fog.

The white outline is also very detrimental to the killer. Should straight up be removed or toned down by A LOT if they want to keep the ghostly effect of it.

I hope Nightfall will be buffed, otherwise this killer will be super disappointing...

• LapisInfernalisLapisInfernalis Member Posts: 2,243

Look at this post.

There the Devs said that something like the darkness turned not out as dark as intended.