Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Idk why the finisher mori is an issue??

2»

Comments

• DangerScouseDangerScouse Member Posts: 944
    edited May 18

Also, I never claimed to speak for the average player. I was giving my opinion. I said as much.

I dislike that now everyone shouts and "boasts" about giving the hatch out of pity, that everyone else is expected to. Or at least you are "not a nice person" if you chose not to. That is why I have an issue with it. The bragging and the expectation it sets. On the flip side I don't expect survivors to hand me a kill if they stomp on me (which happens a lot lol). I don't thank someone for showing me pity. Want to be nice to me... play the game as intended, within the rules, respectfully and fairly......and what will be will be. That's respect for your opponent! Or if you must.... give the hatch without feeling the need to broadcast it.

That is my opinion.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,777

Not being able to hook the last survivor after a done match on Midwich or something is kinda annoying.

If you REALLY wanna spare someone, cant you just not down them?

• DeathstrokeDeathstroke Member Posts: 973

That's not the problem. Problem is that as killer I can't let last survivor escape and carry her to hatch or exit gate. It just make it very hard to show that you let them escape and show some friendliness.

Well other way is just to farm with them and let them escape then I quess?

• ohheyitsbobcatohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,287

I get some people not wanting it to be automatic because of some niche situations to which I can empathize and potentially agree but I don't get the hatch complaint. I give people hatch all the time, almost every game I win in and in the new system you can just not down them if that's what you want. If you want someone to have hatch then just give them the hatch or close it and let them have the door instead.

Wanting to down them first to show you're on top before giving them a pity/mercy escape just for the sense of superiority and dominance is being a smug af winner. I have no problem with that being removed.

• BassGuitarRoxBassGuitarRox Member Posts: 23

I too worry about not having the option to give the hatch to the last survivor. I don’t always do it if I’m being honest, but I’d still like the option available when necessary.

I do understand the reasoning behind having the last survivor be instantly moried - I guess it should slightly speed up the process of the end game, and should give a satisfying conclusion.

I was thinking there could be a way around this - perhaps when the last survivor is downed, there is an on screen prompt for ‘mercy’ or ‘Mori’. If the killer chooses the former, they are automatically picked up and auto-guided to the hatch somehow with no interaction. If they choose the latter, they get moried and the match ends - thoughts?

I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve accidentally drawn out the game because I’ve taken forever to find the hatch to give to the survivor haha 🤣

edited May 18

Then people shouldn't expect everyone to do the same. Or assume that if you don't do it then somehow you are not showing empathy or respect. That's my issue.

I think it best we choose to end this debate and agree we both have a different perspective on this ok.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 8,082

Nothing about this new change prevents you from letting the last survivor go out the hatch. Just don't down them first.

edited May 18

No. Play the game as intended. Don't cheat and make sure you play fair. That is how you show respect to your opponent. This whole hatch debate seems to forget that. To assume you have to go out of your way to "be nice", or the implication that acts such as this is the only way to be nice is wrong. You get the 4k, fair play. You get 0k, fair play. Respect and move on.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 8,082

To respond to various comments here:

• Nothing in this change prevents you from letting the last person out the hatch. Just don't down them and BOOM they can use the hatch, done!
    • I agree that the last person downed should count as a hook for purposes of missions and things like BBQ and Chili and pips, etc. That can hypothetically be done in the automated system just fine though.

Well I want to win so I can't play fair always. I have lost easy 4K:s sometimes because I wanted to hook everyone twice before killing anyone. So sometimes you just have to be evil and cheat.

Nah. Respectfully disagree. And again this is what I perceive to be a problem with the community entitlement. You shouldn't have to hook everyone twice before a kill to "play fair". And not doing so is not being evil or cheating.

• NorhcNorhc Member Posts: 408

They should have made the iridescent mori basekit and something that you have to earn through the match rather than just forcing the yellow one.

• steezo_desteezo_de Member Posts: 990

As survivor, I'm fine with the change since it gets me out of the game faster and onto another. The times I wiggle out and get hatch is so rare, it's better this way, overall, for me.

As killer, the only issue I really have is that I might have to play an extra game to finish a tome challenge.

• WaveyTreyWaveyTrey Member Posts: 477

This stops survivors from crawling to a quiet corner of HECK until they fully bleed out. This robbed killers of their Mori’s, specifically the Yellow Mori, in the first place.

Survivors simply have to be standing up if they want the hatch. They can’t be lying down. Killers can have them wiggle free, and survivors must expend their Unbreakable before the animation gets them.

This buffs Rancor really well too. Just make sure 2 survivors are alive when all the gens are done. You will get 2 Mori’s if you play your cards right. The obsession, and the last survivor.

• Maelstrom808Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 156

"Just don't down them."

I like to play the match to a conclusion. To me, that means either I down the last survivor or they escape. Once I've downed them, I'd still like the opportunity to choose to give them hatch or the gate (as I do in probably half or so of my wins).

If the issue is bleeding out survivors, just add an interaction where you can hold down space or something similar, to massively speed up the bleed out timer.

I really like the Mori or Mercy idea, except I'd have Mercy just spawn a hatch within a few meters of the survivor and disable the Killer's pick-up ability. It's quick and easy and allows both types of play while eliminating toxic endgame shenanigans.

• Nos37Nos37 Member Posts: 2,713
    edited May 18

Just don't down them then? Let them find the hatch and leave..??

If you want them to know that you're giving them the hatch (for your ego's sake?) then just find the hatch, wait for them to show up, and nod your head.

----

That said. When do we get an immediate and automatic resolution for killers who have lost?

• Maelstrom808Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 156

You already have one. Just run out of the gate. I would gladly give up any Mori if survivors would just leave and not sit at the gate taunting and healing.

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 1,390

Yeah, your automatic resolution for a killer loss is that you leave and the game ends. Pretty swift and conclusive.

You wanted some Voltron-style combo teabag or something?

• Nos37Nos37 Member Posts: 2,713

I should have worded that better.

It would be nice for killers, as the killer role, to have a quicker end to a lost match.

Sure, killers can open the Exit Gate Switch, but not if the survivors stop progressing the game with 1 gen remaining while they beat farm the Bloodpoints out of the killer's piñata burro.

• GingerBeardGingerBeard Member Posts: 227

I'm fine with this change, and actually its a relief for me. The only issue that might arise for me is if it doesn't count as a hook for something like archives or BBQ. It probably should count, but even if it doesn't that isn't a deal breaker for me.

I'm also incredibly confused about people saying giving hatch is dead. It's simple, you don't need to down them. I've been doing this for quite awhile now. It's much faster this way especially if neither of you know where hatch is since you can cover more ground.

• catkillsmousecatkillsmouse Member Posts: 192

Entirely unnecessary change. I also like giving hatch or gate if survivor plays with total potatoes.

• BrimpBrimp Member Posts: 1,534

Its really not an issue and I find anyone that thinks it is just likes to drag out the game longer than it needs to be.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,579

I can extend the game even with this mechanic in place. Don't worry about that. That is not why I think the system is silly.

• RenRenRenRen Member Posts: 1,356

I don't understand the argument of giving hatch to someone. Couldn't you just stand near the hatch and nod at them or swing to tell them to get the hatch? it's not like you have to down them. Though I do agree with the hooking argument.

• MrCrazyCat62MrCrazyCat62 Member Posts: 157
    edited May 19

I don't really want to see moris taken away. They're part of the charm and make the bloodweb exciting to progress in (besides just gronding for a specific build).

But the main problem is the lack of choice. Many times I've downed a survivor only to let them go because of a last minute change of heart. Some of those have been very wholesome and fun experiences.

I don't like having to insta mori them the second I down them. It kills the charm of the game. Keys and moris were both recently balanced so I don't see why they need to change.

This discussion has been closed.