Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

*3* Easy Ways To Help Solo Queue Survivors

2»

Comments

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 2,907

I don't think the devs actively do any changes wiith only one platform in mind, but them all.

I only brought it up because altogether the consoles are the larger playerbase, so that's a lot of controllers trying to type quickly...

• BadZillaBadZilla Member Posts: 459

PC has post game chat .. So only one platform in mind huh?

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,658

Nah, I'm not underestimating toxicity. I remember a match in R6, where a teammate started to spawn kill me, because I had more kills than him.

Immature and toxic people are everywhere. DbD needs to start a naughty list and match those people against each other. Same goes for people that rage quit suicide or constantly afk to lower their mmr.

Does anyone here remember Gamespy? It was a external program to find lobbies/games internationally. With tons of filters for maps, languages, game modes, etc.

Something like that could be implemented for voice chat. The people that don't want voice chat can simply opt out of it. No problem in that.

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 2,907

Are you suggesting the devs to remove this chat, because it is only on PC and they've said several times they have no plans to add it to the consoles?

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 4,053

If they add it, i hope they make it optional. tho i prefer not at all

Gonna get left on hook because i cant hear a teammate tho lol

• Megmain80Megmain80 Member Posts: 138

Yeah, you don’t play solo. Nice attempt at gaslighting.

I´m sure there are people for everything. People that want to play without coms and people that prefer to play with coms. Of course everything should be optional. But implementing voice chat is the only thing that would bring solo queue to the same information level as SWF without buffing SWF by giving more and more hud elements.

edited May 21

But would it really buff Com- swf for Hud elements.

Com-SWF already have the ability to know what everyone else is doing. so I don't think it would buff Com-swf at all

• Barbarossa2020Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,095

remove swfs then solo becomes fine.

Take a look at how the hud elements where changed to bring solos closer to SWF. Survivors now have small icons that show what perks affect them. When they are affected by coulrophobia, overwhelming presence or unnerving presence, they get a icon that shows them, that they are inside the killers terror radius. This icon appears before you can hear the heartbeat.

Undyings aura reading next to totems gives survivors a "you are affected by a totem" warning when they first approach a totem. Giving away its position on top of what the perk is.

Downing a injured survivor with an exposed effect alerts all survivors about the exposed effect. Even the SWF group couldn´t possibly know, since the survivor was injured.

I think where talking more like

Doing a totem, Blessing a boon, Doing a gen, Healing... stuff like that

• DangerScouseDangerScouse Member Posts: 945

So basically, people want to buff solo Q, so it is the same as swf 😂😂. Honestly, if everyone was solo Q, and swf didn't exist, that would be a balanced game!

• lemonswaylemonsway Member Posts: 971

Stop wanting to buff Solo Queue. You're in a PARTY GAME you're not meant to be a 1 Man Solo Survivor Army Capable of doing everything. if every SoloQ = SWF in capacity that means 1 killer vs 4 SWF's every match. Stop being riddiculous. Either play in SWF or just look after yourself. Honestly it's not your fault, it's just very bad game design but don't ask for even worse game design so that you can Solo games.

• lemonswaylemonsway Member Posts: 971

I did yeah and most of my matches were either clear wins cause survivors have a massive advantage or i lost trying to help casual players. Casual players don't understand how much they are protected as survivors and casual killers are thrown into a false sense of superiority because casual survivors don't know how the game works. Experienced survivors don't need a full hud, they don't even need to hear the game at all because the game is designed to protect survivors because it's a CASUAL PARTY GAME. The whole of the Map is your defense system, the number of survivors is your defense system, the 3 hooks required to kill someone is your defense system, Perks is your defense system, but alot of people still want to be 1 man armies!? Freaking WOW.

We can´t talk about the future without seeing how the devs tried to bring solos and SWF together in the past. Everything they´ve done so far has buffed SWF. More hud elements would do this even further.

I really don't know how Adding infrotmation a COM-SWF ALLREADY HAS, will buff them further

Because a SWF group won´t non stop inform everyone about what they are doing. Seeing it with a glance would make everything else so much more efficient. During a chase, the chased guy will inform about it. Where he goes, etc. But Feng won´t say "doing a totem right now". Because that information is redundant during said chase. However, it would be a information that would be on display on the hud.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,477

That is a problem. Because if you bring voicechat, you have to rebalance the game, and then its not simply a choice to opt out anymore.

If you dont balance the game around it, killers will get a hard time with the people who do use it. I dont think thats a solution.

But the devs are planning on implementing more hud elements to bring solos closer to SWF. Since SWF has a 15% higher escape rate.

• ImpalpableImpalpable Member Posts: 152
    edited May 21

For me solo doesnt even have to end up on the same strength level but it should get closer. I think voice chat would ruin the last bit of atmosphere we have in this game - which could turn a good portion of player away and in this vein is also unhealthy for the longevity.

For communication i would like to see a mix of aura reading and a creative non spammable way to communicate very basic information that doesnt do huge harm to the killer.

- Totems and other important objects like traps could be markable for others and unlock aura reading on them for other teammates, together with a "shout" option to inform others that new information is available.

- When hooked, survivors should see each other.

- For chase we could expand the entity claws on the character picture for the obsession on all four survivors while still making the obsession identifyable.

- When someones working on a gen or interacting with an important object like jigsaw boxes, the object could be shown next to the character picture.

- When someone wears an item, the item could be shown next to the character picture.

- When someone is going for a specific action you should be able to announce this action and show it next to the character profile like going for an unhook or looking for the box vs pinhead or looking for devour hope.

- Injured survivors should be able to request heals and healthy survivors should be able to offer heals and if accepted could unlock smth like aura reading to find each other.

Stuff like this could help in the right way.

@StarLost What do you think about this direction.

Post edited by Impalpable on
  • NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,666

there nothing wrong with tho perks I use them and I'm more useful then half the teammate I get in solo.

Self care I use because you can't always count on your teammates to heal you all want to get the gens done as fast they can.

urban evading with spine chill work well keep you hidden still be helpful.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,666

bond great perk you get to see how useless your teammate are in real time.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,957
    1. Nerf killers and meta perks. Specifically anti-loop killers. A killer should never be able to down a survivor outside their control. (Artist, Huntress, Nemesis, Blight, Twins, several others)
    2. Buff survivors. So they have actual utility in chases. Pallets are the only mechanism and most of the killer roster completely ignores them.
    3. Buff maps. So survivors can last long enough in chases and stealth is actually meaningful. A killer should never always know where every one is located by looking at his perks or simply looking across his screen. Why is it a hide and seek game if the killer always knows where everyone is located? Please do take any random match and you'll see the killer is always downing someone on the floor. This is silly and it shouldn't be that apparent.

Solo Q shouldn't always be a lost cause, but it is due to a lot more going in the killer's favor.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 5,071

My experience with r6 voice chat was mostly someone breathing heavily into the mic the whole game, people who are silent except when screaming about stealing each others kills or something equally unimportant, family arguments and dogs barking in the background, and the occasional person giving useful information and then getting TK'd for it

Not so different on how DbD ingame voice chat could work out.

Only that people can´t steal kills. Maybe unhooks. But then again, why would 2 people run for the same hook when they know about each other.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,395

Uhh I've only ever played Solo 🤦‍♂️ Been playing since year 2.....